BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Seen a few on here mentioning getting tickets dirt cheap. Is this just a case of waiting until a week or two before and buying second hand? Or do they release final tickets are a cheaper price? Debating the Florence / Kendrick / Jamie xx day.

The last two years they've released legitimate tickets for £2.50 a few weeks before the festival. 

The first year it was a 'leaked' link for family/friends tickets which people jumped on and they (unsurprisingly) ended up honouring. Last year it was some sort of charity thing where you had to donate £2.50+ to one of five charities and you got a ticket in exchange. That was a limited amount. 

I imagine something similar will happen this year as I can't really see any of them selling out, so I imagine you'll be able to get cheap tickets it just requires a certain amount of being on the ball. 

(That's how I recall everything anyway :P

Edited by MattDavies__

I reckon they'll do the charity thing again because they (apparently) limited it to something like 5,000 for each event and at least its (very) slightly justifiable mugging full price payers off for. 

Can't remember when that happened. I remember helping out a lot of people get tickets really close to the Blur gig 

On 11 February 2016 at 4:27 AM, retromoz said:

yeah....my first VERY angry email to them was on the 17th of June. So that sounds about right. I am NEVER paying full price for an AEG Live event again....

Out of interest, did they get back to you? I'm interested as to how they justified themselves to you 

On 13/02/2016 at 5:38 AM, TheSilence said:

Out of interest, did they get back to you? I'm interested as to how they justified themselves to you 

They did. Long story short....lots of emails back & forth.....they kept to their 'its for charity' line to justify it (which is bollocks. Its like Apple selling an Ipad for £300, then deciding to sell a load for £12.50 'for charity'. A charity SURELY should want SOME of the original £300 price being paid?!? If Apple kept flooging off their Ipads for £12.50 'for charity' (after the year before being able to get them under a 'friends & family' code which, miraculously, anyone could use for £12.50), then NO ONE 'in the know' would pay full price again. And then the economics of the thing collapses...) which is crap. My missus works for a charity and she would be appalled at that pathetic 'gift'. I also was tweeting them (politely), and got blocked. etc. etc.

Im ranting again.....yeah. I got no real satisfactory answer. Thanks to the government's Company House, i also got the addresses of AEG's directors, and WAS going to write to them personally. But then.....well, personal shit happened (people dying). And i left it. Life's too short etc.

Course, i will still NEVER pay full price for an AEG event....

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh wow. Was always intending to go but didn't expect to have to worry about clashes!

Yeah I actually can't work out how they will place the acts. The good thing is there tends to be little overlap between the main stage and the other stages but what has started out as an excuse to see Kendrick Lamar has potentially turned into running about Hyde Park for a day to see everything. 

According to the website Todd Terje will play mainstage? I had expected Todd and Jamie XX on 2nd stage?

3 hours ago, aj3000and12 said:

Yeah I actually can't work out how they will place the acts. The good thing is there tends to be little overlap between the main stage and the other stages but what has started out as an excuse to see Kendrick Lamar has potentially turned into running about Hyde Park for a day to see everything. 

According to the website Todd Terje will play mainstage? I had expected Todd and Jamie XX on 2nd stage?

Not only that, it says 'also taking to the main stage' for him, after Cat Power, so they're both main. Like you, I'd expected Todd and Jamie XX on the second stage. Gonna be a weird day.