BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/05/2016 at 9:49 AM, CliffRichardsPissSack said:

It looks like its selling well, general admission is completely sold out on axs, only the more expensive tickets like priority entry left.

I just got my ticket from Amazon, id suggest getting them soon unless you want to pay more for priority tickets or vip etc.

Am I missing something with the Stevie Wonder tickets? Only date to sell out general admission even though it was the last to be announced.

Seems that there's plenty left for Florence / Mumford / Massive Attack

On 6 May 2016 at 1:52 PM, dentalplan said:

Stevie Wonder is a bigger name with fans that have the ability to spend money more freely.

Could have stopped writing after 'name' tbh. And even if that wasn't the case, Stevie basically never tours over here whereas since last summer alone Florence and Mumfords have done four nights at Ally Pally and two nights at the O2 respectively.

Way too early atm. It's still two months away. Think it was no more than a fortnight before last year. I'm also pretty sure cheap tickets for Arcade Fire actually went on sale over Glastonbury weekend two years ago (I could be wrong, but I can't think of why I wouldn't have bought them otherwise).

1 hour ago, 5co77ie said:

anyone have any questions they'd like to ask the organisers?

Are they doing charity tickets this year? (I doubt they'll answer) 

how many complaints did they have off people who paid full price last year, only to find out that they could have had tickets for a fraction of the price?

will they ever have a camping area?

cheers

I have SO many questions!! BUT.....i will not ask them, less I become an angry, ranting, incoherent fool....

What i WOULD like to ask is.....*deep breath*.....having a 'charity campaign', where you give some monies to charity and a free ticket is given to you is, in theory, laudible. BUT.......who come up with the (in my opinion) inconsequential minimum amount of a £2.50 donation? How many people took up this offer? How many people only paid the £2.50 amount? How much was raised for each charity and how much MORE could have been raised if the (in my opinion) derisory minimum £2.50 figure was increased to, say, £20?

And....that will have to do. I mean, you COULD ask why i was blocked from AEG Live on the twitters, simply for asking for contact details where i could write to someone and complain about last years......situation? but......i feel that particular question is a little niche? :) 

21 hours ago, maarrkk said:

there were rumours prince would play hyde park in 2014 after his hitnrun UK tour dates - were they ever in talks with him for BST and what got in the way of it happening if so?

Prince did.

So I heard, he told them he'd only give them an answer about 6 weeks before the show, and the promoters felt that was too late to properly promote the show and sell the tickets.... so they went and got The Killers instead.

(not sure that was actually 2014, was it? It defo happened that they got the Killers one year because they wouldn't wait for Prince).

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Prince did.

So I heard, he told them he'd only give them an answer about 6 weeks before the show, and the promoters felt that was too late to properly promote the show and sell the tickets.... so they went and got The Killers instead.

(not sure that was actually 2014, was it? It defo happened that they got the Killers one year because they wouldn't wait for Prince).

AEG have never booked Killers have they for Hyde Park? Killers did Hard Rock in 2011?

Yes Killers haven't played BST Hyde Park.

Maybe Prince was in talks the year he ended up playing Hop Farm (in 2011) - think the 6 week rule applied at that point and the extra day at Hop Farm was added in mid May that year I recall.

But that would have been before BST as that only started in 2013 (was it Hard Rock Calling and Wireless at Hyde Park before then?) Think there were also rumours in 2014

21 hours ago, maarrkk said:

Maybe Prince was in talks the year he ended up playing Hop Farm (in 2011) - think the 6 week rule applied at that point and the extra day at Hop Farm was added in mid May that year I recall.

But that would have been before BST as that only started in 2013 (was it Hard Rock Calling and Wireless at Hyde Park before then?) Think there were also rumours in 2014

I'm not talking rumours, I'm saying what happened ... but yes, perhaps it was with the previous promoter, I forget when it changed.

On 13/05/2016 at 10:24 AM, maarrkk said:

yes I think that was what they were called - I worked there for 13 days in 2006 and to be honest I never paid any attention to the event names - I know - The Wireless Festival was on between 21 to 25 June 2006 and the last weekend had Roger Waters Saturday 1st and The Who Sunday 2nd July 2006 { under the name Hyde Park Calling } - now who was there the others days I am not certain all I know was I was there at all the days.

What was a interest to me is they changed the Security wall and entry gates - so one day crew entry was at one gate and the next day crew entry was at another gate which tends to piss me off as they did not make this clear on the maps and the week later it was at a different spot - could not really figure out the reason for this - and because they split the events up it meant we had to queue up just to get the current crew wrist band so a lot of messing about and the gates stewards were unless
as they could not say where the crew entry point was ' even although they must have walked in that way ' as its a common crew entry point. 

inside all the Bars remained in the same place but there was a extra VIP Bar put on at one of the weekends.

it was cracking weather - two shots from it on various days { and yes that was a WBC Bar even if
it claims to be  Woodforde's Bar }

hyde-park1.jpghyde-park3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...