BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

I can't get the time off either, as I'm freelancing and its late notice, but I'm hoping I might get let go a tiny bit early as has happened before at this employer...

TVOTR will be Impossible but I'd love to see Ghostpoet. Main draw for me is Patti (my sixth time with that glorious woman!) And MA who I've never seen. 

Are YF performing with them? How does that actually work?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't get the time off either, as I'm freelancing and its late notice, but I'm hoping I might get let go a tiny bit early as has happened before at this employer...

TVOTR will be Impossible but I'd love to see Ghostpoet. Main draw for me is Patti (my sixth time with that glorious woman!) And MA who I've never seen. 

Are YF performing with them? How does that actually work?

every show i have been to at BST has been on time. which is a concern for me as it may ruin the atmosphere of massive attack. 

ya, i also want to know how young fathers are coming out with this one. hope its for more than one or two songs 

17 minutes ago, TheSeventhOne said:

managed to nap a spare florence ticket. bit apprehensive about the bars and the sound at hyde park but the line-up is too good to miss really. what's general admission like at these things?

ive been there for arcade fire and kylie (yasssssss)

anyway, i actually have always enjoyed this festival and never had issues with the crowd like field day. 

the queues are ok, there are plenty of bars available and the queues move pretty quickly. the left of the stage has an entrance to the pit which is where the sound is pretty decent. my advcce would be to head in there after kendrick. after each set there tends to be a lot of people leaving and i think lamar will have a mass exodus after. if you time it right you should be good to get in there without hassle.

sadly, if you leave for beer or toilet it can be a bit of a issue getting back in as they will stop letting people through once it gets overcrowded.

2 hours ago, TheSeventhOne said:

managed to nap a spare florence ticket. bit apprehensive about the bars and the sound at hyde park but the line-up is too good to miss really. what's general admission like at these things?

I've never been too fussed about getting right down the front, but I always find it fairly easy to get a good spot. We had a great one for The National. As brayshizzle says, the bar queues and crowding aren't too bad, especially compared to the Hyde Park events before BST (that Blur Olympics gig was horrific for queues and crowding). It's a bit soulless and corporate, and the sound levels are shite, but if you get in front of a speaker it's alright. That's pretty much why I don't want to pay full price any more!

Does anybody know if tickets have been sent out for the Saturday event yet? I bought a couple of tickets for my girlfriend and am a bit concerned they haven't arrived yet. Has anybody received them?

Edit: Sorry I should clarify Saturday 9th

Edited by MopeyGecko

Weather brightening up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645801:)

2 hours ago, MopeyGecko said:

Does anybody know if tickets have been sent out for the Saturday event yet? I bought a couple of tickets for my girlfriend and am a bit concerned they haven't arrived yet. Has anybody received them?

Edit: Sorry I should clarify Saturday 9th

I'd give them a ring if I were you.

30 minutes ago, aj3000and12 said:

Looking at the app it looks like Todd terje is no longer playing the Saturday. Cat Power moved into his main stage slot. Can't find anything else to back this up though? 

Argh balls. Just saw the times had changed and was excited to see Cat Power is no longer wedged between Kendrick and Flo but didn't notice Todd  isn't playing anymore :(

Tomorrow, when we all raise one arm aloft and sing along to People Have The Power, all of our Brexit angst and fears for the hopeless maelstrom of shit this country is becoming will be abated for a short while, we will have hope. I say we capitalise on it, march into Westminster and install Jezza + Caroline Lucas as our new leaders by force.

14 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tomorrow, when we all raise one arm aloft and sing along to People Have The Power, all of our Brexit angst and fears for the hopeless maelstrom of shit this country is becoming will be abated for a short while, we will have hope. I say we capitalise on it, march into Westminster and install Jezza + Caroline Lucas as our new leaders by force.

Nicely put :)

After the last two weeks Patti is just what is needed. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nicely put :)

After the last two weeks Patti is just what is needed. 

Although... after the results, I'm thinking maybe people shouldn't have the power. If Patti can make a song about how great it would be the have a benevolent dictatorship, I'd be properly on board.