BST - Hyde park 2016

calumhandy1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Warpaint and TVOTR on top of that - another great lineup. Being before another appealing day is handy as well.

It's not gonna appease the "book rock bands" mob on their Facebook though.

as i just posted in the Glastonbury bit, really wish there was a guarantee of 2.50 tickets or that 2 for 1 deal they had on so i could go to this and Kendrick and book all my shit now. great great lineup

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

as i just posted in the Glastonbury bit, really wish there was a guarantee of 2.50 tickets or that 2 for 1 deal they had on so i could go to this and Kendrick and book all my shit now. great great lineup

I think you'd have to book your shit beforehand anyway. The markdown you'd get on super cheap tickets would be wiped out and more if you waited until then to pay for travel and accommodation. Would be wise to get that done and then just anticipate cheap tickets - and worst case scenario (and I very much doubt it'd happen, especially for Massive Attack) would be having to pay full price at £60 a go. I'd do that if I didn't have to keep one eye on what my work schedule would be like after coming back from Glastonbury that week.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think you'd have to book your shit beforehand anyway. The markdown you'd get on super cheap tickets would be wiped out and more if you waited until then to pay for travel and accommodation. Would be wise to get that done and then just anticipate cheap tickets - and worst case scenario (and I very much doubt it'd happen, especially for Massive Attack) would be having to pay full price at £60 a go. I'd do that if I didn't have to keep one eye on what my work schedule would be like after coming back from Glastonbury that week.

luckily i've the week after Glastonbury booked off so that wouldn't be a problem, but you're right - the Massive Attack one especially will undoubtedly be going for cheap. the Flo/Kendrick one less so, but that's well worth the £60 anyway. just gonna have to convince somebody that tickets to these will go cheaper nearer the time!

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

luckily i've the week after Glastonbury booked off so that wouldn't be a problem, but you're right - the Massive Attack one especially will undoubtedly be going for cheap. the Flo/Kendrick one less so, but that's well worth the £60 anyway. just gonna have to convince somebody that tickets to these will go cheaper nearer the time!

I don't think either will have a problem.....can't believe they've got MA to do it.

Yep. Fortunately Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys isn't really something that floats my boat so I wouldn't be tempted into a third day, if I could manage to get the two days sorted.

Leaves one date after that. I should imagine it'll have been the earmarked Take That second show but will now be a family day or something, as the first one hasn't completely sold out.

In a year where most UK fests are struggling, BST have got a fucking nerve to put on a pair of days that would look strong af in a good year. Massive Attack + Young Fathers, Kendrick, Kamasi Washington, Cat Power, Patti Smith, Warpaint, TVotR, Todd Terje happily pisses all over the line-ups of most festivals I've ever been to.

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

In a year where most UK fests are struggling, BST have got a fucking nerve to put on a pair of days that would look strong af in a good year. Massive Attack + Young Fathers, Kendrick, Kamasi Washington, Cat Power, Patti Smith, Warpaint, TVotR, Todd Terje happily pisses all over the line-ups of most festivals I've ever been to.

yep, a big handful of acts that i constantly have in my wishlist for festivals. hope there are no awful clashes on either day (the Kendrick one especially)