Eminem for a headline slot anybody?

technokiduk

Didn't Tyler the Creator play a couple of years a go? He's pretty controversial.

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/89302/tyler-the-creator-can-be-a-bit-of-a-jerk-here-are-his-5-worst-moments

i think the lower down the bill you are, the less it matters how much you fit in to the Glastonbury ethos (as thousands and thousands of people won't be watching your set live on the BBC). i'm sure if Tyler ever reached headliner status, he'd never be booked for Glastonbury either

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the whole point of the Eminem persona is that Marshall Mathers himself is separate. So criticising the lyrics is like calling Trey Parker or Matt Stone racist because of what Cartman says. No?

Either way, they've had numerous douches wih repellant views playing Glasto. The biggest issue is that he puts on a horrible performance and hasn't written anything good for a decade.

Eminem wouldn't let his set be shown on the bbc anyway if that makes any difference.

No and he wouldn't be the 1st. End of the day, regardless of what anyone says on here he would get an absolutely massive crowd and when it comes to fee's, I'm going to guess U2 gor their own yours and The Rolling Stones for instance aren't by any stretch cheap and they still played.

Not to bring this up too much, but Kanye played and he is the biggest arsehole in music and there is no defending that however much you like him! The Eavis wanted him and that was after he belittles other artists in music publicly just because it's opinion, it has to be said and he thinks he's god! There is some justice, had his chance, blew it comfortably!

Not to bring this up too much, but Kanye played and he is the biggest arsehole in music and there is no defending that however much you like him! The Eavis wanted him and that was after he belittles other artists in music publicly just because it's opinion, it has to be said and he thinks he's god!

Have you read any of the interviews that Keith Richards has been giving recently?

Surely the whole point of the Eminem persona is that Marshall Mathers himself is separate. So criticising the lyrics is like calling Trey Parker or Matt Stone racist because of what Cartman says. No?

No. He's like a lary bloke saying he was 'ironically' shouting sexist or homophobic crap. When you say such shit for decades, it becomes pretty irrelevant whether you have a character to hide behind. Especially when there didn't appear to be much clever commentary behind it. The rape line was all about seeing what people would say it seems? It's still offensive if he's saying it to get a rise out of people. It really doesn't matter, it's not as if Marshall Mathers has been on some massive crusade to bring down bigots all his career. He just seems to say stuff for controversies sake and occasionally comes out with some lame "I didn't mean it, that's not me" excuse when challenged.

I'm ambivalent about whether this should matter for a Glastonbury headliner, but the persona defense has just got old.

hip hop is just complete shit.

It's not really though is it? Of course there is shit in all genres but there is some absolute top quality hip hop, perhaps not the stuff that gets the regular airtime though, but that's generally the case with most music unfortunately

Not sure what your point is?, so he's talked trash about other bands, I'm sure he's not the only one. Not going out on a stage etc with no point whatever just to prove you're a massive dick to everyone who already knows it though is he?! Keith's also one of the coolest men in rock, his Glasto performance will show that.

Don't compare him to Kanye, he's been rocking for 50 years and has done everything there is to do, the other twat hasn't got a leg to stand on compared and yet his arrogancy is 10 fold of Keith.

He never plays greatest hits sets either so people going to watch him would get a shock when the set is all his last 2 albums with a few medleys of his older stuff thrown in.

When I seen him he played pretty much a greatest hits set. He played more of his old stuff than new stuff, the problem though was literally every song (except Lose Yourself and The Way You Lie) was only the first verse and chorus before moving onto the next song. It's how he got through like 28 songs in 90 minutes

Not sure what your point is?, so he's talked trash about other bands, I'm sure he's not the only one. Not going out on a stage etc with no point whatever just to prove you're a massive dick to everyone who already knows it though is he?! Keith's also one of the coolest men in rock, his Glasto performance will show that.

Don't compare him to Kanye, he's been rocking for 50 years and has done everything there is to do, the other twat hasn't got a leg to stand on compared and yet his arrogancy is 10 fold of Keith.

U ok hun?