hostmat

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, loonymcgreat said:

Is there any sort of public transport between the camping place and Exit fortress? (even better if free for everyone with camping ticket)? 3,5 kilometers walk  seems quite a journey

Like 5 minute walk from camping place there is a bus station with public transport to Exit. It's not free, it's 55 dinars and that's around 0.4€. But I really highly recommend walking to the festival. You are walking alongside river and there are tons of people going to the festival. It's quite nice :D 

5 hours ago, Dubo said:

Hello guys,does anyone know what the currency will be?Should i exchange euros or dinars?

I think only dinars are accepted. Euro isn't official currency and I don't think that you can use it

Ok I'm getting concerned now.

We've booked a house through airbnb in January. The lady asked us to pay with cash on arrival. Which I assume is to avoid booking fees with airbnb. It's showing unavailable on the website. And she messaged me in March to make sure we were still coming.

I've been trying to message her recently to ask various questions and to let her know what time we will be arriving but haven't heard anything since. We fly out tomorrow!

I've booked a taxi from Belgrade to the house but I'm concerned nobodies going to be there!!

Looking at nearby hostels and houses etc. They seem to be selling out fast.

I don't want to stitch the lady up and book somewhere else. I also don't want to be homeless when I get to Novi Sad!

Thoughts?

Well fuck. 

I don't know. Only option I can think of is to be a dick too and book something else that pays in cash and not in advance or something like that?

Also, timeline is not officially there but someone send it to me a few days ago and there are missing some stuff but I think that's pretty much it http://exitfest.org/en/Timeline 

Thanks. I've just messaged her through the Airbnb website as a new booking rather than our previous email correspondence and she's answered straight away saying everything is ok. I'm hoping it's just her computer skills... or lack of!

I downloaded the Exit iPhone app last night and noticed they've changed loads of the act times today.

Most of the interesting names on fusion and explosive clash with the main headliners. So i'll probably miss the black heart rebellion, but I will skip stormzy to see tuber or ellie to see the punk bands.

Also, gramatik clashes with nina :-(

Edited by neacaisa

7 hours ago, neacaisa said:

Most of the interesting names on fusion and explosive clash with the main headliners. So i'll probably miss the black heart rebellion, but I will skip stormzy to see tuber or ellie to see the punk bands.

Also, gramatik clashes with nina :-(

Mate, 20 stages...it is hard not to clash some acts you'd like to see..

Edited by hostmat

Btw guys, do your best to redeem tickets for festivals wristbands before 8pm on Thursday, I am more then sure you will face with the big crowd if you get too late....

Redemption desk working hours:

Venue: from 10am

Main City Square: from 2pm

Camping: from 2pm

Well our Airbnb turned out to be all fine. Went out in Novi Sad last night. Lovely town. Really good atmosphere. Managed to get our wristbands too so no queing today.

Does anyone know how we get onto the Strand? Do we need to get tickets or should our wristbands be ok?

7 hours ago, payneruk said:

Does anyone know how we get onto the Strand? Do we need to get tickets or should our wristbands be ok?

You need ticket for Strand but it costs 50 serbian dinars = 0,35 pounds :)
This is not joke :)

Great edition for me even if the line up could have been and should have been so much better but I had amazing time and that should count :D 

Best things: Disciples (I think I looked like I took 10 bonbons or something and I was 100% sober haha) Anti Flag, Marco Carola and Oliver Heldens - I've been dragged to see Robin Schulz and I was prepared to hate it and I saw a familiar face there and I was so fucking happy and my group there hated it at first but he turned them into fans quickly. And also Prodigy, heard some songs I've never heard before and really "friendly" mosh pit without elbows and punches. Modestep killed it too. I probably forgot some others highlights. GEORGE FUCKING CLINTON! :D 

Worst: It was too crowded on Sunday, sound for The Vaccines and Wiz Khalifa. I was in front of the big camera crane in the middle of main stage for both of them and it was really low. I could understand what were people saying 5 meters from me and I don't get it as both Disciplin A Kitchme and Stormzy were loud and they played before them. No water on main stage after The Prodigy, wtf!? David Guetta, I was in foodland for like 20 minutes of his set waiting for Modestep and wtf was that, he did nothing besides playing song after song in a player

4/5. Hope for some better main stage names next year, Dance Arena, Fusion and Explosive were good but main stage sucked 90% of the time

Edited by Nicklord

What an awesome holiday!

Everything turned out OK in the end regarding accommodation, flights and transfers.

1st night in Serbia we went into Novi Sad centre to watch the football in an Irish bar. Did a couple other bars and then saw a good band who's guitarist had a real Nile Rodgers rhythm. Pretty city and loads of bars.

The festival venue was amazing. Especially the Dance arena. Loved dancing until the sun came up here. We could also hear this arena on the walk home back to the house. So still got to hear Solomun and Nina Kravis.

Sunday night was very cramped. Not sure how many people were watching Richie Hawtin but maybe they could've put a bigger crowd puller there to counteract the immense popularity of Prodigy. 1st song I thought there was gonna be a deadly crush. But after a few minutes a load of people must have left. It was still cramped but fine enough for me.

Loved the Fusion stage as it felt like you were in a city centre with the cobbled floor and museum buildings.

Went to the Strand a couple times which was ace. Loved the house music coming from the RedBull trailer.

Prices everywhere were really good. Paid £15 a head for a really nice restaurant in Novi for 2x cocktails, 1x pint, starter and a fillet steak!

The cans of Strongbow in the festival were sooo nice compared to our crap in England. And I thought Strongbow is English! What's the deal with that? Bought one home that I didn't drink. So I'm gonna take that to a festival this weekend :)

• 1 month later...

What's sea dance festival? It sounds interesting! Recently, I find interests in hard dance festival when I attend the festival last year. So I will go to the festival again this year by en.damai.cn/event/tickets_106854. Anyone can explain the Exit and sea dance festival to me? Maybe I'll also like it! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Sziget prime tickets are out soon, but I'm really thinking of doing Exit next year instead as I've wanted to go for a few years now.

This years date is Thur 6th to Sun 9th July. Does the festival actually start on the Thursday? (full compliment of music?) I would aim to arrive on the Wednesday I think as I would be looking at staying in a hotel / airbnb. and I would probably fly back on the Monday.

Any idea when tickets go on sale? is there an early bird price?

Sea dance sounds cool but a 13hr summer bus transfer from Exit doesn't sound cool! :)

Cheers

On 19/09/2016 at 9:05 AM, doobie ninja said:

Sziget prime tickets are out soon, but I'm really thinking of doing Exit next year instead as I've wanted to go for a few years now.

This years date is Thur 6th to Sun 9th July. Does the festival actually start on the Thursday? (full compliment of music?) I would aim to arrive on the Wednesday I think as I would be looking at staying in a hotel / airbnb. and I would probably fly back on the Monday.

Any idea when tickets go on sale? is there an early bird price?

Sea dance sounds cool but a 13hr summer bus transfer from Exit doesn't sound cool! :)

Cheers

Yes there is a full 4 days of music. This year Thursday had some of the best stuff. We arrived Wednesday,  you can pick up your wristband then. All the bars and clubs are mobbed on Wednesday and it's a great night out. We flew from  Belgrade to montenegro for sea dance. We ended up only going one night as the weather was bad and the festival and organisation wasn't very good. It was more expensive than exit. Next year will be exit only for us.