Anyone getting national express coach from Leeds.

Hannah_lucy

I got the 2.30am coach last year from Leeds and go onto site about 9am. I was in and set up by 11. I would have arrived earlier if some smart person hadn't taken delivery of heavy machinery on the back of a flatbed truck in one of the nearby villages on the Wednesday morning. 

Arriving by coach means you get to use a gate which is almost like a priority entry - the arrival times are staggered so you will get through much quicker than driving and arriving at another gate. My friends went to a gig in London the night before and then drove to the festival. They got to gate D (i think??) at 4am and it was complete chaos and the queue poorly managed. I got in before them, was less tired and much less stressed. 

I'm planning to do the same next year, although hopefully sleep a little more on the way there. This was my first year (and festival) and I was slightly terrified and really excited. Nothing beats the first view of Glastonbury Tor and then the site itself.

Best 5 days of my life! Enjoy!

Just wondering who else is getting on a national express coach from Leeds. I'm on the 11:30 on Tuesday the 21st so ill be arriving at the festival at 5:45 on the Wednesday! Plenty of time arrive to get the best spots!

Have you been allocated your time already? Or did you get a non-coach ticket and have booked your national express seperately already?

You book the national express separately to your ticket and you can pick your going and return time, I was on one of the Leeds busses too stuck behind the flat back truck too. So frustrating lol

You book the national express separately to your ticket and you can pick your going and return time, I was on one of the Leeds busses too stuck behind the flat back truck too. So frustrating lol

I thought as much! Just thought I'd missed the coach times coming out!

Theres 4 of us going on NE coaches from Leeds also. Probably going early Wednesday morning id think

Leaving at 2.30 got us to the site for just after 8.15 and through the gate before 9, very eell organised, doing the same again next year