LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 minute ago, Homer said:

The Chemical Brothers on the same stage in the same slot last year!

Was thinking the same thing.

The XX the Sunday the year before I think? Jamie was so humbled that such a crowd was there - both XX and Chemical Brothers closing the other stage were highlights!

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm still hoping that they're Friday, and I shalln't be budging from that

Me too Mezhyp, me too. 

The person I go with was close to handing in her ticket so I rashly said I would have watched Coldplay with her. What a huge mistake. 

3 minutes ago, OBface said:

Me too Mezhyp, me too. 

The person I go with was close to handing in her ticket so I rashly said I would have watched Coldplay with her. What a huge mistake. 

Does that go out the window of LCD are Sunday :P

Initially EW&F and LCD were the two acts I wanted to see the most, so I'm desperate for them to avoid each other 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Does that go out the window of LCD are Sunday :P

Initially EW&F and LCD were the two acts I wanted to see the most, so I'm desperate for them to avoid each other 

Fair point! But if I have to watch them rather not miss LCD to do so. Looking into buying tickets for their tour as an option... That's how much I want to get out of this! 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The fact that their is some info that hints that Disclosure could be on the Friday, leaving only the Sunday for LCD. Still all up in the air though - people are just pushing for the Sunday as it avoids the Sigur Ros or Muse clash

We've not had any info for LCD's day at all really. We originally had them slot in for Friday because we had what we thought were confirmations for New Order Saturday and BMTH Sunday. Now Neil has word that BMTH are not Sunday Other headliners and we've got a few sources saying Disclosure are Friday Other headliners. That leaves LCD's most likely position as Sunday.

tumblr_ma53hjWace1r7vz9go1_500.gif

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Just got back from the Hot Chip takeover which was as quality as you'd expect from them.  Chatted with Joe Goddard and he not only said he is doing Beat Hotel Sunday night and somewhere Thursday night (think Shangri-La but can't remember).  I asked if Al Doyle was playing with LCD and he said yes, and they are 100% doing Sunday night.  He wasn't sure of stage but we know it must be Other.  

So Sunday night LCD... buzzing

• Upvote 18

24 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

Just got back from the Hot Chip takeover which was as quality as you'd expect from them.  Chatted with Joe Goddard and he not only said he is doing Beat Hotel Sunday night and somewhere Thursday night (think Shangri-La but can't remember).  I asked if Al Doyle was playing with LCD and he said yes, and they are 100% doing Sunday night.  He wasn't sure of stage but we know it must be Other.  

I LOVE YOU!

I had just been starting to worry about Disclosure being Sunday based on people pointing out Gregory Porter guests with them, and then seeing that Kwabs who also guests with them is playing on Sunday.

Edit: And it seems pretty certain I'll have some kind of ELO/Beck/PJ Harvey/Savages run leading up to this (probably not all of them, granted). What a way to end the festival.

Edited by Will-2609

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Awesome! What a brilliant way to end the festival:D

1 hour ago, Morgs74 said:

Worst possible outcome for me since I'll be dragged elsewhere Sunday. Gonna have to come to some sort of compromise now cos I need to be there :unsure:

2 hours ago, Morgs74 said:

YES YES YES! Best news ever, thank you so much :D 

Edited by FloorFiller