LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

5 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'm gonna go with LCD on friday and Disclosure sunday because of the whole Gregory Porter thing and also I feel like Bring me the horizon fans are more likely to stick around for Disclosure than LCD Soundsystem for some reason.

this is kind of my fear, but i guess they've had Ellie Goulding before Massive Attack and Kaiser Chiefs before QOTSA so stranger things have happened, plus i'm guessing the crossover between Disclosure and Coldplay/LCD and Muse is much bigger than the other way round. it's just this damn Gregory Porter thing..

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So will Glasto, sadly.

Really? What sort of crowd do we think they will get (estimate) against Muse/Coldplay? Disclosure will probably draw the biggest out of the Other headliners (assuming that is right). I'm not sure if its New Order's advantage that they are up against a completely different type of artist in Adele (but she is the biggest in the world), rather than Muse or Coldplay who might attract some of the same fans.

They will do a hell of a lot better on the Sunday if this board is anything to go by. I'll be there if they're on Sunday, but not if they headline Friday or Saturday.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Doubly awkward because nobody will be there when LCD Soundsystem play T, all the audience would have been in primary school when LCD Soundsystem broke up.

None of the audience would have been born then when The Stone Roses split up  :-)

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

They will do a hell of a lot better on the Sunday if this board is anything to go by. I'll be there if they're on Sunday, but not if they headline Friday or Saturday.

I don't think the board is much to go by in this case. I might be wrong but they don't seem nearly as big in the real world as they are on Internet forums where people really follow music - and even here it's a relatively small but passionate following. If it's Sunday then I don't see many people unfamiliar skipping Coldplay or EWF.

Just now, supasum said:

What has made people think they're more likely to play the Sunday over the Friday ? 

I know for most people the Sunday is better, but for me it would Absolutely tear me apart  ! 

The fact that their is some info that hints that Disclosure could be on the Friday, leaving only the Sunday for LCD. Still all up in the air though - people are just pushing for the Sunday as it avoids the Sigur Ros or Muse clash

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2016 at 1:39 PM, Alcatraz said:

LCD clashing with EWF is truly shitty. I don't know what to do

Yep. Worst clash I can imagine from whats been announced so far. Nothing that seems likely for Friday really interests me at the minute.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

The fact that their is some info that hints that Disclosure could be on the Friday, leaving only the Sunday for LCD. Still all up in the air though - people are just pushing for the Sunday as it avoids the Sigur Ros or Muse clash

Ok cheers buddy, I do hope people are going more on wishful thinking opposed to facts ! 

The Friday clashes are still fairly horrible but more manageable for me 

On 23 May 2016 at 0:02 PM, jparx said:

Sunday would be amazing. What an amazing way to end the weekend that would be. I don't think I've ever been a festival where the act I'm looking forward to most headlined the final day.

The Chemical Brothers on the same stage in the same slot last year!