LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Damn I'd be hella pissed if Grimes ended up clashing with LCD out of nowhere. Been looking forward to them two the longest. It feels too late in the day to be stacking rumours against one another and plotting imaginary scenarios.

As much as I'd love to believe randomers on Glasto chat Facebook might be actually right for once; we could really do with a definite day on this one. :unsure:

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Damn I'd be hella pissed if Grimes ended up clashing with LCD out of nowhere. Been looking forward to them two the longest. It feels too late in the day to be stacking rumours against one another and plotting imaginary scenarios.

As much as I'd love to believe randomers on Glasto chat Facebook might be actually right for once; we could really do with a definite day on this one. :unsure:

yep the LCD/Disclosure dilemma is the crux to this whole thing right now. the sooner one puts their day up on their tour dates the better. missing Grimes would indeed be a shitter, but for me personally, missing Sigur Ros would be far worse. fingers crossed Grimes subs JP and we don't have to miss any

2 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

seems i'm in the minority in preferring LCD played the friday to free up the following two nights for new order and grimes. are they too big for west holts? 

You're not alone. I've got my eye on an LCD-New Order-Earth Wind and Fire sequence and this talk of LCD on Sunday is most disquieting.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yep the LCD/Disclosure dilemma is the crux to this whole thing right now. the sooner one puts their day up on their tour dates the better. missing Grimes would indeed be a shitter, but for me personally, missing Sigur Ros would be far worse. fingers crossed Grimes subs JP and we don't have to miss any

You'd have to pray to the gods for JPT's closer to get an extra long set, there doesn't tend to be a big gap between JP subs and Other headliners, and it's not a short walk.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You'd have to pray to the gods for JPT's closer to get an extra long set, there doesn't tend to be a big gap between JP subs and Other headliners, and it's not a short walk.

i managed to see all of Death Cab and all of Chemical Brothers last year, although i think Chemical Brothers might've come on a bit late, and i fucking hightailed it from JP to get there. doable though

Just now, FloorFiller said:

i managed to see all of Death Cab and all of Chemical Brothers last year, although i think Chemical Brothers might've come on a bit late, and i fucking hightailed it from JP to get there. doable though

They definitely came on 20/25 minutes late, cause I was standing there like an excited pup awaiting the magic 

I'm torn on the Friday/Sunday placing for LCD

on one hand them playing Sunday eleviates potentially some horrible clashes, but stamina wise I'll be fucked, always am on the last night and I'm really looking forward to a good dance to them, regardless, they are my number one must see act this year!

• Upvote 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I managed to get from Charli XCX to Belle & Sebastian in decent time too, but I'm pretty certain Charli finished earlier than advertised and B&S started later, I think I even had time to buy some tobacco from the back of the field and weave in to past the sound tower before they started. In normal circumstances I wouldn't risk that for LCD, but if I wasn't seeing Grimes at Latitude I'd be prioritising her as well. I see your dilemma here.

As a side note, it seems that pretty much nobody on here watch Flying Lotus last year, which surprises me, he was fucking brilliant.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As a side note, it seems that pretty much nobody on here watch Flying Lotus last year, which surprises me, he was fucking brilliant.

was on a Chemical Brothers hype around that time and thought they'd be great to pop ten pills to and go mental, which was right. saw Flying Lotus at Bestival later in the year (as well as Chemical Brothers again) and whilst he was amazing, that Glastonbury set really looked like something special

In all the "Radiohead could sub Adele hype" I never stopped to think what it would do to LCD. Tbf, they are my must see act of the weekend as it stands so I'll see them regardless. 

Essentially, we need the big poster ASAP :P

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was on a Chemical Brothers hype around that time and thought they'd be great to pop ten pills to and go mental, which was right. saw Flying Lotus at Bestival later in the year (as well as Chemical Brothers again) and whilst he was amazing, that Glastonbury set really looked like something special

He was having the time of his life, talked about how happy he was to be there like it really meant a lot to him. The visuals and his whole set up are obviously the main event, but him being so visibly buzzed, and having George Clinton and Thundercat there with him made it really memorable. Definitely one of the most unique and captivating sets I've seen at a festival.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

FlyLo was the absolute shit, George Clinton doing Kendrick Lamar's verses and bass so heavy I had to have a toilet break after the set before heading off to the Temple.

11 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

There isn't really a way for me to be able to see LCD, Underworld, New Order AND Earth, Wind & Fire, is there? One is gonna' have to give. Eurgh.

There's an outside chance that Underworld will be on later on Friday night. You best chance would be that, LCD on Friday, NO or Saturday and EW&F on Sunday. Not impossible. It would just mean a dash after LCD and a hope you can get in to wherever Underworld are.

The headliners and subheadliners are looking like a right mess at the moment. Just imagining a LCD / Sigur Ros / Grimes clash with sadness.

I will definitely be seeing Adele and LCD Soundsystem, but how the rest of (in rough order of priority) Grimes, Sigur Ros, Disclosure, Chvrches, Foals, Coldplay (don't judge, all my friends will be going and they are actually brilliant live) and Earth Wind and Fire all fit in, fuck knows. Top two slots across multiple stages looking a right mess this year. 

16 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The bass was a bit much to start with, but it was one hell of a performance, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The bass was a bit much to start with, but it was one hell of a performance, wasn't it?

It was absolutely bloody amazing. I find it a shame that he doesn't allow his shows to be filmed, mainly because afterwards I was going on about the Final Fantasy 7 battle victory music and the Shinra theme. I had no idea he does that and I went sodding crazy when it happened!

28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I did not enjoy the start and left as a result. Couldn't hear anything but overpowering bass. I was pretty upset as he is one of my favourite artists currently. I was by myself as well so I just wasn't feeling it.

Perhaps I should have stuck around. I did however manage to find my girlfriend in the middle of the who crowd by herself without any communication whatsoever. 

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Freeing Sigur Ros up for Friday meaning I just have to hope they don't clash with explosions in the Sky!. 

Sigur Ros/EITS just seems like such a bizarre clash to create so hopefully you'll be fine there! I'm hoping to catch EITS but if they're headlining then I'm unsure I'll be able to fit them in on any of the days :(

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Am hoping for Sigur Ros Fri - New Order Sat - EITS Sun although not that bothered about New order so would miss them but not sure who for. Would beak>

headline Glade? Would take them on Sat or Sun and EITS on other day.

I'll be at James Blake on the Saturday. I was going to watch New Order but was never that bothered about the prospect (largely because I didn't make much of their set when I last saw them).

Seems the right fit for BEAK but I definitely missed them self confirming?! Has that been known for a while?