LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The way all the info adds together makes me think Disclosure Friday and LCD Sunday is more likely. If Loaded are saying Disclosure/New Order/BMTH then I wouldn't be surprised if either they know those three are playing it on separate nights and assumed they're headlining it, or those three were the headliners and LCD then became available and were added above BMTH. Or even LCD/BMTH is a co-headline jobby and once they'd heard BMTH were a Sunday headliner they assumed that was it.

Then as mentioned above we also have the Bastille subbing Disclosure info.

Would be interesting to know if @eFestivals' LCD info was specific to Friday or he just heard they were headlining Other and assumed Friday as he already had New Order and BMTH down for the other two days? By the way he told it I'd assume it was day-specific but hopefully not.

I also think Muse vs Disclosure/Coldplay vs LCD makes way more sense than Muse vs LCD/Coldplay vs Disclosure. Muse/LCD will probably share some mid-00s alternative fans (albeit not a huge amount) and Coldplay/Disclosure will surely share a large amount of fans of current mainstream music, for whom a Disclosure/Adele/Coldplay treble would be great.

For me the order of likelihood is as follows:

1. Disclosure sub Adele, LCD Friday Other, BMTH Sunday Other

2. Radiohead sub Adele, Disclosure Friday Other, LCD Sunday Other

3. Radiohead sub Adele, LCD Friday Other, Disclosure Sunday Other

Edit: There is also most likely a massive amount hope blinding my judgement, but I do stand by all the above points.

Both hands. Into the toaster.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Do we have any record of him saying this? I'd never heard it until someone mentioned it in like the last week.

I googled it and it was reported at the time.

Stephen Morris says Sound of Silver is easily the best album of the last 10 years and that he sees a lot of similarities between LCD and New Order. Everything suggests I should love LCD yet I am still struggling to :-(

http://thequietus.com/articles/05413-joy-division-new-order-stephen-morris-interview-favourite-records?page=12

Forked out to see Muse last month anticipating a clash with LCD at Glasto. If they end up clashing with Disclosure instead I'm gonna wish I hadn't bothered. Does anyone know who else is likely to headline on the Friday night? I have no interest in Underworld but who else is there? Will probably just end up seeing Muse again, which isn't the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Stephen Morris says Sound of Silver is easily the best album of the last 10 years and that he sees a lot of similarities between LCD and New Order. Everything suggests I should love LCD yet I am still struggling to :-(

http://thequietus.com/articles/05413-joy-division-new-order-stephen-morris-interview-favourite-records?page=12

I don't think they're similar to New Order, but that might just be me. I've said it to a couple of other posters, but a lot of LCD's material really requires a few listens to appreciate. If you don't like Sound of Silver and you've listened 3 or 4 times then obviously it's just not for you, but I wouldn't give up after 1 or 2 listens.

The biggest travesty of Sunday when I look at who is likely to be playing, is why ELO aren't headlining outright. I understand they aren't 'current' and selling millions of records, but fucking hell it's Coldplay again.

4 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Forked out to see Muse last month anticipating a clash with LCD at Glasto. If they end up clashing with Disclosure instead I'm gonna wish I hadn't bothered. Does anyone know who else is likely to headline on the Friday night? I have no interest in Underworld but who else is there? Will probably just end up seeing Muse again, which isn't the end of the world.

I don't think they're similar to New Order, but that might just be me. I've said it to a couple of other posters, but a lot of LCD's material really requires a few listens to appreciate. If you don't like Sound of Silver and you've listened 3 or 4 times then obviously it's just not for you, but I wouldn't give up after 1 or 2 listens.

I am not going to bother now mate till I have seen them live. I am really hoping they blow me away.

17 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Bobby G put Power, Corruption & Lies in his on that website I believe. Last 10 years eh? I couldn't even name my favourite album of the last 10 years, I would have to have a good bloody think about it. Not in such a good way either mind, the two decades before that were a lot more productive for me.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Bobby G put Power, Corruption & Lies in his on that website I believe. Last 10 years eh? I couldn't even name my favourite album of the last 10 years, I would have to have a good bloody think about it. Not in such a good way either mind, the two decades before that were a lot more productive for me.

Yes I seen the Bobby G one mate. I knew he would have one in there. There has been some good albums over the last 10 years. Will not lie even though I know these bands are not cool on here but I like the 1st 2 Hurts albums and a couple of the Alphabeat ones. 

I also quite like the new Primal Scream effort as well.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am not going to bother now mate till I have seen them live. I am really hoping they blow me away.

Fair enough. They're the best act on the poster by a distance imo. Hope you enjoy them. Looking forward to New Order too, not seen them before. In my mind Brandon Flowers is gonna come on for Superheated, would love that. Bernard Sumner has come on with The Killers/Flowers in the past so the reverse is surely possible, especially as New Order have been finishing their set with that song.

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Sound of Silver is well up there. Sam's Town by The Killers and In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull by The Cribs are the only ones I can think of that top it for me.

7 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Fair enough. They're the best act on the poster by a distance imo. Hope you enjoy them. Looking forward to New Order too, not seen them before. In my mind Brandon Flowers is gonna come on for Superheated, would love that. Bernard Sumner has come on with The Killers/Flowers in the past so the reverse is surely possible, especially as New Order have been finishing their set with that song.

Sound of Silver is well up there. Sam's Town by The Killers and In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull by The Cribs are the only ones I can think of that top it for me.

Unfortunately mate Superheated sounds pretty dire live and I hope they steer well clear of it.

I am going to have a few beers and go watch LCD with an open mind. I reckon I can have a boogie to them even if I am not won over by them to the extent many on here are.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Yes I seen the Bobby G one mate. I knew he would have one in there. There has been some good albums over the last 10 years. Will not lie even though I know these bands are not cool on here but I like the 1st 2 Hurts albums and a couple of the Alphabeat ones. 

I also quite like the new Primal Scream effort as well.

Aye plenty of albums I really like, not so many 'classics' for me over the last 10 years. Plenty of 7's and 8/10, but not so many 9 and 10/10 as the 20 years before that for me. I could make an endless list for the two decades before the last one. I'm not being an old bastard though, I am a massive fan of a lot of albums in the last decade, especially from the likes of Foals and Future Islands.

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Aye plenty of albums I really like, not so many 'classics' for me over the last 10 years. Plenty of 7's and 8/10, but not so many 9 and 10/10 as the 20 years before that for me. I could make an endless list for the two decades before the last one. I'm not being an old bastard though, I am a massive fan of a lot of albums in the last decade, especially from the likes of Foals and Future Islands.

You sound like an old bastard mate:rofl:

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Unfortunately mate Superheated sounds pretty dire live and I hope they steer well clear of it.

I am going to have a few beers and go watch LCD with an open mind. I reckon I can have a boogie to them even if I am not won over by them to the extent many on here are.

Ah that's a shame. Seems to be in every setlist though, at least the ones I've looked at. But wouldn't be surprised if they ended on a hit at a festival instead of an album track now I think about it so it would make sense for it to be dropped. 

51 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Pyramid: Muse

Other: LCD Soundsystem/Disclosure

Underworld and Sigur Rós doing 2 of WH/JP/Park (thought Underworld won't be Park)

Not sure on a final one for those main 5 stages. Could be anyone really.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Pyramid: Muse

Other: LCD Soundsystem/Disclosure

Underworld and Sigur Rós doing 2 of WH/JP/Park (thought Underworld won't be Park)

Not sure on a final one for those main 5 stages. Could be anyone really.

Cheers. Haven't got round to Sigur Ros yet other than the famous one, Hoppipola I think it's called, but can't see myself missing Muse for them.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

In Rainbows was released in the last decade tbh.

Apologies for bringing Radiohead into yet another thread.

What about Drones?

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

You're having it both ways there ain't ya? Loaded correct about Disclosure but incorrect about BMTH?

I do honestly think there's more chance of LCD subbing the Other than BMTH, but I still think they'll both headline that stage.

really? LCD subbed last time and are bigger now. BMTH are questionably big enough to headline it at Glastonbury, with lots of people thinking the demographics for them to pull a decent headline crowd just isn't there.

to me, BMTH are far, far, far more likely to be subbing than LCD.

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

still leaves 45mins to get down there too, plenty of time on the back of a golf buggy tbf.

But it is going to be impossible for us punters who want to see both, which I reckon is 90% of the audience!! :(  I've already started planning my route. I'm going to SPRINT or get the monorail.