LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

last night was obviously superb as they always are but only a measly three songs off the new album!!

but then they did Tribulations > Movement > Yeah

So you can't complain can you :lol:

oddly (as per setlist fm) both nights in manc seems they were going to play an extra song but ended up not playing it as they ran out of time.

The two hours absolutely flew by and I would like to see them play longer if they can. When james was jokingly referring to the encore as a pee break it made me think they could do perhaps a three hour set on occasion, with maybe a theatre style break of 20-25 mins in the middle - so like two sets of 90 mins

I'd be up for that.

Edited by Memory Man

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Oh last night was just magical. We stupidly thought it wise to hang back initially as up front was too crowded and we wanted room to dance. 

That was a terrible idea as the sound was shit and people were talking, manage to get in via the sides during Tribulations and from then on it was just amazing. Obvious highlights were obvious but I always forget what a brilliant song Home is. 

That is something I always most definitely remember!

On 18/09/2017 at 9:40 PM, arcade fireman said:

I don't know of an act whose gigs go by so quickly. Whenever I see them they play decent length sets but last night felt like it was over in the space of half an hour. 

I completely agree with this, tonights gig flew in. Not easy to make a 2 hour gig so consistently great without any real drops in quality.

Anyway that was fantastic. I've been to a lot of amazing gigs in the barras but no band has suited it more than LCD. Losing My Edge was a great surprise but I think New York, All My Friends and Yr City's A Sucker were my highlights. I wasn't feeling too well today so wasn't too up for the gig but by the time the latter kicked in I felt great, going to start using it as my cure when I'm ill from now on.

On 18/09/2017 at 1:41 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Am I the only one gets a Cure vibe from the new record then?  Nobody else hear Fascination Street in the vocal delivery?

I think its more obviously New Order (duh) and Joy Division (I heard at least three people reference them in Manc around the time of Emotional Haircut, tho that might just be a thing Mancs do), but yeah something like Change Yr Mind sounds like the outcome of a Rob Smith binge. 

18 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

Yeah they're back on sale for both London dates. Act fast!

I've spent all afternoon trying to justify coming down to London for the night just to catch them again. Currently my bank account and reason are winning but it could still swing as they were truly mind-blowing last week. 

Sooooooooooo... my mate bought our tickets for Ally Pally on Sat and now he can't make it as he is abroad. He got the maximum allocation (so five or six tickets or whatever).

His wife is still coming and none of the tickets have been 'touted' (obvs). They all went to mates. Any ideas? I've suggested calling the tickets peeps ASAP...

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Sooooooooooo... my mate bought our tickets for Ally Pally on Sat and now he can't make it as he is abroad. He got the maximum allocation (so five or six tickets or whatever).

His wife is still coming and none of the tickets have been 'touted' (obvs). They all went to mates. Any ideas? I've suggested calling the tickets peeps ASAP...

Does his wife have the same surname? That is all that is on the tickets. Not the first name.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

And, it is no use calling them. I know many people who called and it was in vain.