LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

19 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Sorry if this has been said, but Emotional Haircut is a lovely homage to Jump into the Fire which they played at their "final" Madison Square Garden show. Got to love Nilsson. 

I think the entire album is their best work yet.

Purposely not been looking at set lists because I am going to WHP Sunday, and both ally pally shows. Want a surprise! Hope they mix them up!

See yass there.

I'd be hoping 'Movement' doesn't get dropped. Too short to be replaced by anything else and is an utter banger of a tune. 

On 12/09/2017 at 3:13 PM, Wooderson said:

Theyre playing 3 nights in Dubland. Ample time to work "How Do You Sleep" into either of the shows im going to the first or second date Jimmy.

I read an interview with him saying they wouldn't be playing that one til later in the year. Wanted to give the audience more time to know it first.

2 hours ago, karaseen said:

Sorry if this has been said, but Emotional Haircut is a lovely homage to Jump into the Fire which they played at their "final" Madison Square Garden show. Got to love Nilsson. 

Ye it immediately reminded me of Jump Into The Fire, really want them to play Emotional Haircut live because James went fucking HAM for Jump Into The Fire at MSG, if he can do that every gig it'd be the main event.

OVERZEALOUS BUT NOT PREMATURE REVIEW INCOMING:

So I've listened to the album in full at least 10 times now and it's a wall-to-wall fucking masterpiece.

The first 3 songs in particular represent the best start to an album I've heard in years. 'Oh Baby' is so so beautiful, 'Other Voices' is classic LCD and 'I Used To' is just brilliant.

'Change Yr Mind' took a while to click but overall there's not one song that I don't enjoy hearing everytime I listen to the album.

Some may say it's a bit too moody but I don't agree.

We've seen some good comebacks recently (see: Slowdive, Blur etc) but this tops the lots. Please stay in our hearts for years to come x

PS: message me if you feel like adopting a lonely e-fester into your group on Sunday night in Manchester :)

PPS: I'm very happy for Sucker to remain as a set opener.

20 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Ye it immediately reminded me of Jump Into The Fire, really want them to play Emotional Haircut live because James went fucking HAM for Jump Into The Fire at MSG, if he can do that every gig it'd be the main event.

Yes! It wasn't just me!!

Yes, I hope they play it too. Would be a cracking opener.

35 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Won't be the same on Sunday will it?

Also WHPs 'last entry' curfews annoy me. Why should I have to pay a fiver a can for 3 hours before the main event if I don't want to?

Is fiver a can the damage there?

26 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Naw, Sunday is 7-11.

And the bloody sniffer dogs! Gah. They ruin the fun.

What I've read elsewhere suggests that they're more for show than anything. Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So they're just normal dogs?

No idea. I'm just going off a few forums where everyone kind of suggested that whilst there were dogs there they are there to:

i) Make the WHP seem compliant with whatever licensing laws clubs now have to follow
ii) Make punters scared and that the reaction (rather than the dog's nose) is the barometer on whether they should be searched. (This seems to be based on fact they're seemingly kept aside and people aren't made to pass them to get in.) 

In all honesty though I've genuinely no idea. I'm unlikely to be carrying anything this weekend but if I am I don't think I'll be too worried based on what I've heard. I'm sure all official sources would denounce this but I get the impression that everyone just plays the game.

55 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

No idea. I'm just going off a few forums where everyone kind of suggested that whilst there were dogs there they are there to:

i) Make the WHP seem compliant with whatever licensing laws clubs now have to follow
ii) Make punters scared and that the reaction (rather than the dog's nose) is the barometer on whether they should be searched. (This seems to be based on fact they're seemingly kept aside and people aren't made to pass them to get in.) 

In all honesty though I've genuinely no idea. I'm unlikely to be carrying anything this weekend but if I am I don't think I'll be too worried based on what I've heard. I'm sure all official sources would denounce this but I get the impression that everyone just plays the game.

With the amount of stuff being brought in to WHP those dogs would be going ape if they were actually there to nick people. Plus, they have a very limited timeframe - about half an hour - of actually being able to sniff stuff out before they become near enough useless. I won't be worrying and I'm sure it's the same for most people clued up.

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

No Daft Punk is Playing... in Paris last night. 6 songs from American Dream. Closer to what I thought the tour would be like to start with tbh!

Notwithstanding the fact something probably had to be cut because of the technical problems, an LCD show without any of Daft Punk, New York, Us V Them or Losing My Edge sounds weird. Glad it's finally turned into a proper album tour now though.

Edited by Zac Quinn