LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What's the deal with the rest of the Manchester nights then? Assuming those three acts aren't gonna take up all of the 7 hours the place is open, so just random DJ's and/or music for the remainder?

Sunday is just a normal gig length so I assume that's it for that one. Don't think anything's been said about the Saturday one so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Sunday is just a normal gig length so I assume that's it for that one. Don't think anything's been said about the Saturday one so who knows.

I can see Saturday ending up as "WHP DJs" before and after, LCD being 11pm-1am or something like that. Maybe James Murphy DJing afterwards?

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Only just getting round to listening to Joe Goddard's album due to him being the support for these shows. Pretty great! Anybody know what his live show's like? Regardless, should be a great warm up for LCD.

I watched some of it being streamed from some fest on YouTube at a festival in Spain a few months back. Was him alone putting together house on synths. On his own, no vocals and so housy that at first I mistook it for a DJ set.

50 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

New Order wish they could produce a song half as interesting as Black Screen let alone one as good as Call The Police. And no I will not surrender if Easty barges in here to disagree.

to be fair two (and an old bit) of new order have been in two whole bands that have pretty obvious influences on a lot of lcd stuff (including this album)

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

to be fair two (and an old bit) of new order have been in two whole bands that have pretty obvious influences on a lot of lcd stuff (including this album)

I know, I'm not denying the fact that LCD probably wouldn't exist - at least nothing like this - without New Order and Joy Division. But you can have as much influence as you want on a band, doesn't change the fact that if your tunes ain't as good, your tunes ain't as good .

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I know, I'm not denying the fact that LCD probably wouldn't exist - at least nothing like this - without New Order and Joy Division. But you can have as much influence as you want on a band, doesn't change the fact that if your tunes ain't as good, your tunes ain't as good .

That's true. They're even better. 

I think it's a very accomplished album, you'd expect nothing else from LCD, but it's not that much fun, is it? It needs more dumb funk, the only one that's really got my head bopping is Other Voices. Tonite is good too of course but could go somewhere much ravier. So far, the darker stuff hasn't really caught me. Giving it an 8/10.

15 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I think it's a very accomplished album, you'd expect nothing else from LCD, but it's not that much fun, is it? It needs more dumb funk, the only one that's really got my head bopping is Other Voices. Tonite is good too of course but could go somewhere much ravier. So far, the darker stuff hasn't really caught me. Giving it an 8/10.

It's a good evolution for them imo. The old albums still exist, don't need to repeat them.