LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Album is 68 minutes long. Great scenes.

I hope that album artwork on itunes isn't final though.

I hope not too. I remember seeing a while ago that they were having trouble getting the artwork cleared so maybe it it just a temporary stand in. That being said, James Murphy is a huge fan of Infinite Jest which has a similar cover so maybe it is the final version.

20 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Unpopular opinion: Everything about this LCD Soundsystem album reeks that it's going to be their worst.

Still don't think that the singles are up to scratch with their older stuff. 

Hmmm. First two singles off the other albums were Movement & Daft Punk, North American Scum & All My Friends, Pow Pow & Drunk Girls. I'd argue American Dream and Call The Police at least meets those standards if not tops them, Sound Of Silver aside (like they were ever going to match that anyway).

I'm hyped for it but atm my attention is mostly on the upcoming Cribs and Queens of the Stone Age releases so the wait should feel very short.

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Pitchfork are saying that that is the final artwork. Vinyl pre-orders available through their website so they will presumably appear on UK sites soon.

http://pitchfork.com/news/lcd-soundsystem-reveal-new-american-dream-album-artwork/?mbid=social_facebook

lcd_s.jpg

That looks like it was knocked up by a GCSE Computer Science student. Pretty shite. 

Hopefully the music is much better!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Is it called 'tonite'? They're ironic grammar/spelling errors really dont amuse me. 

Often used for entertainment though, like on signs outside theatres, amirite?