LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Hi all,

Ive been reading these forums for a while, but never posted.

Ive heard from someone reasonably well connected to the barrowlands that LCD will be playing there in December.  Apparently it's being kept completely under wraps and tickets will only be available very close to the gig.

im hoping that this proves true, however not looking forward to the inevitable scramble for tickets.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Handshake said:

Hi all,

Ive heard from someone reasonably well connected to the barrowlands that LCD will be playing there in December.  Apparently it's being kept completely under wraps and tickets will only be available very close to the gig.

im hoping that this proves true, however not looking forward to the inevitable scramble for tickets.

I like the cut of your jib. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Handshake said:

Hi all,

December gigs might even mean Christmas Will Break Your Heart will be played. I hope this is true! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 0:23 PM, Handshake said:

Hi all,

I've been looking for a reason to visit Glasgow!!  

On 08/09/2016 at 10:09 PM, jparx said:

Man I hope they play Rock City. It's a shame there's probably a 0.1% chance it will happen.

Need to start a savings pot in case the missus and I have an emergency trip to Glasgow to pay for!

I had one of them but blew it in Berlin going to watch New Order and Radiohead. So much for turning into a responsible adult. Might as well wait till I am 40 now.

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

Going to this tonight at what used to be Barfly (is now called Camden Assembly FYI)... so maybe that source was on the ball when they said LCD activity in October!

https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?886178

Will be interesting to see how a band attempt to pull off a set of LCD covers (I'll be impressed if they have three people drumming at the same time!). Anyway, was only £5 and an excuse to head up to Camden. Will report back!

Right with a new album and tour next year combined with several members affinity with the festival what are the chances of them returning next year in some capacity?

James, Al or Pat DJ set in Block 9 or Shangrila?
Secret set to showcase new material?
A combination of all of the above?

20 hours ago, Aiden said:

Right with a new album and tour next year combined with several members affinity with the festival what are the chances of them returning next year in some capacity?

James, Al or Pat DJ set in Block 9 or Shangrila?
Secret set to showcase new material?
A combination of all of the above?

very low. James and Pat don't really DJ together anymore sadly.

only chance would be despacio back but I doubt they will repeat it at a festival. They havent had any repeat festival outings for despacio, if they've done one its been a new one each time.

20 hours ago, Homer said:

Seems a sound strategy. Blanket bomb a 'greatest hits' (yes, I know) set, then take a more measured approach with new material. Going over old ground a year later doesn't seem particularly smart (and I reckon they think about that stuff).

they won't play any gigs again without new material. I feel certain of it.

23 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

it's been many a year sice Al Doyle wasn't performing in some capacity.

I'm thinking of starting a new band and inviting Al Doyle to play on it.  I say 'band', I'm just going to write some songs and get Al to play all the parts.  I say 'write', I'm really planning on getting Al to do it all.  

So basically, I'm just going to tweet Al Doyle and ask him to do a solo album.

• Upvote 2