LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

23 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

how far are you traveling? I'd definitely recommend it if the travel if its Manchester or closer. 

London :| 

Seems a bit extreme maybe, but I wanna visit anyhow. If they decide to play ally pally in London I'll definitely be looking for alternative venues...

1 hour ago, Al2006 said:

London :| 

Seems a bit extreme maybe, but I wanna visit anyhow. If they decide to play ally pally in London I'll definitely be looking for alternative venues...

i know its long but you can get a £6.50 (inc booking fee) return by megabus with a coach leaving glasgow at 23:55 after the gig so you dont need to find accomadation

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A very sound cat

Oh I had no idea who he was. But I now remember talking to him at Glastonbury in 2011 waiting for Imogen Heap. We disagreed on him thinking her stuff with Frou Frou was better than her solo stuff, but he was thoroughly lovely. On his own and chatting away to random people. Had no idea he was a minor celebrity, but he stuck in my mind enough from that encounter. 

So - the LCD Soundsystem website - the pic's feed on the left - is it just completely random pics it shows per day or is there some order behind it I wonder....

Anyone notice anything interesting from the pics I see there today? (the pic that is shown is from 2010 like....but whatever... it has peaked my interest)

LCD.JPG

1 hour ago, pauladam said:

So - the LCD Soundsystem website - the pic's feed on the left - is it just completely random pics it shows per day or is there some order behind it I wonder....

Anyone notice anything interesting from the pics I see there today? (the pic that is shown is from 2010 like....but whatever... it has peaked my interest)

LCD.JPG

James Murphy has said on more than one occasion Barrowlands is his favourite venue in the world. And he loves Glasgow too. I'd be very surprised if they don't play...

On 22 July 2016 at 3:49 PM, Festival Liam said:

Oh I had no idea who he was. But I now remember talking to him at Glastonbury in 2011 waiting for Imogen Heap. We disagreed on him thinking her stuff with Frou Frou was better than her solo stuff, but he was thoroughly lovely. On his own and chatting away to random people. Had no idea he was a minor celebrity, but he stuck in my mind enough from that encounter. 

He's from Bristol (as am I). He has been going to gigs for years, and as he is very tall and headbands to everything, he has slowly grown to a sort of cult celebrity status. As said, he has some form(s?) of learning disabilities and this is his main form of expression. I've never spoken to him but I gather he's a friendly guy.

If bands spot him in the crowd, he generally gets a shout these days too. I think the received wisdom is that if Jeff isn't in the audience, there must be something better on - so it's a bit of a sleight not to see his ginger affro banging away.

Edited by Homer

15 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Seen a couple of people mention the Long Goodbye, does anyone know if it's still possible to buy it in the UK? Looking at Discogs it'll be £200 including shipping which is probably too much of a stretch

There are copies to be found of it - I picked one up at Reckless Records in Soho a few months back for £70/£80.

25 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Seen a couple of people mention the Long Goodbye, does anyone know if it's still possible to buy it in the UK? Looking at Discogs it'll be £200 including shipping which is probably too much of a stretch

9 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

There are copies to be found of it - I picked one up at Reckless Records in Soho a few months back for £70/£80.

that's some vinyl habit that'll contemplate those prices for something that can be heard on Spotify!  each to their own i suppose :D 

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

that's some vinyl habit that'll contemplate those prices for something that can be heard on Spotify!  each to their own i suppose :D 

yeah i could probably £80-100 for it because it is 5 records (which is how I'm justifying it) but double that is too far - especially as it wasn't even their last show! 

To be fair, I thought the retail was more than £100 so didn't realise just how bad the £130 (+ shipping) was - I'll definitely pass on those ones then

After spending the month that the set was on the BBC website watching it almost everyday I thought that living without it would probably be for the best, however I have had an extreme change of heart and need the whole thing back in my life more than anything else! I've tried going back to watching Shut Up and Play the Hits again but it simply does not compare to the glasto set because "I was there". 

So if anybody has a link to the whole set somewhere or has it saved themselves and could be kind enough to send it to me I will pay you back with several cans once we're back on the farm next June.

8 hours ago, Aiden said:

After spending the month that the set was on the BBC website watching it almost everyday I thought that living without it would probably be for the best, however I have had an extreme change of heart and need the whole thing back in my life more than anything else! I've tried going back to watching Shut Up and Play the Hits again but it simply does not compare to the glasto set because "I was there". 

So if anybody has a link to the whole set somewhere or has it saved themselves and could be kind enough to send it to me I will pay you back with several cans once we're back on the farm next June.

What an impassioned first post! Sent you a PM :)

• Upvote 1