LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I was left side of the stage for both. I was a slightly further back for NO but there was plenty of people behind me, but there was only a few people behind me for LCD. From what we're both saying here it seems that both crowds went about positioning themselves slightly different, because there wasn't much of a crowd at the front sides (at least the left side) for LCD. They were two of the best crowds I was in all weekend though anyway. Atmosphere's were great. 

58 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I was at both. New Orders crowd looked significantly bigger to me.  LCD crowd was a great atmosphere but probably the smallest Other headliner crowd I've in. Dwarfed the TITP one though. 

Yeah agreed, I was on the right hand side for both and would say NO had comfortably the bigger crowd.

39 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Yeh I don't even care how big the crowd was. It was the most excellent crowd. And I hope LCD feel that way too.

If every act I watched was in such a party/appreciative mood as the LCD crowd was it would be phenomenal.

I was in between the sound desk and the barrier, it certainly wasn't quiet 

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If every act I watched was in such a party/appreciative mood as the LCD crowd was it would be phenomenal.

I was in between the sound desk and the barrier, it certainly wasn't quiet 

Go to nos. Portuguese crowds are mental and were in a party mood all day. Arcade Fire were so much fun and we were right at the back

7 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Go to nos. Portuguese crowds are mental and were in a party mood all day. Arcade Fire were so much fun and we were right at the back

I swayed for a long time about going this year and didn't, it's definitely something I plan to explore, were you there? 

The opportunity of a festival with a great line up and a city like Lisbon to explore during the days is very tempting 

I wouldn't recommend Nos. It's got a great line-up - but the fact that it is held in essentially a massive carpark put me off from wanting to go back.

I just got back from Bilbao BBK. It has essentially the same line-up (not quite as big) but is in a beautiful wooded location on a hill overlooking the city. My friend and I who had done both both agreed that BBK is much better.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

I wouldn't recommend Nos. It's got a great line-up - but the fact that it is held in essentially a massive carpark put me off from wanting to go back.

I just got back from Bilbao BBK. It has essentially the same line-up (not quite as big) but is in a beautiful wooded location on a hill overlooking the city. My friend and I who had done both both agreed that BBK is much better.

Is nos held in the big square that overlooks the river with the statue of the king on horseback in the middle?

No, it's a bit out of town. It's not in the centre. It's tarmac underfoot. I had a good time but I wouldn't personally go back for that reason. It was a few years ago but it really was akin to being in a huge carpark.

Edited by Homer

Just now, Homer said:

No, it's a bit out of town. It's not in the centre. It's tarmac underfoot. I had a good time but I wouldn't personally go back for that reason. It was a few years ago but it really was akin to being in a huge carpark.

oh fair dos. I was in lisbon last month and they had a big stage in that square, thought that might be it. A festival in a carpark is unappealing I must admit. Shame

Yeah the festival itself really has nothing to it. Just 4 stages on concrete (only 2 of them worth going to). They put a lot of fake grass down though to try and disguise the fact its all just concrete.

The lineup was banging, drinks prices were great (4 euros for 400ml of wine and 4 euros for a pint of heineken) and the stages run from 6pm-4am (mainstage shuts at 2.30am) so all thats great and the portuguese were mental. Every act I seen had a really lively crowd

The campsite is a 5 minute free shuttlebus away but it's in an actual campsite that claims to be one of the best in europe. The campsite had meals for 4 euros and had a pool that had pool parties on all day which was great. Some punter brought a full on sound system with them as well so they had forest raves going until 7am.

I had more fun the past week than I had at glastonbury this year but it's more of a camping holiday in the sun with some great bands playing in a carpark than a proper festival. Soooo many sponsors as well, everywhere you look theres a sponsor and they don't play music between acts they just have adverts on

I'm ready to enter this thread now after I caught some horrible virus at Glastonbury which took me out for all of the Sunday.  I dragged myself up to watch one or two acts inbetween violent puking sessions but after PJ Harvey, I had to make the heartbreaking decision to walk away from the Other Stage and miss the band I was most excited about seeing giving the show of their lives.  It's such a first world problem but I felt so devastated.  I decided that I'd rather not go than go feeling like death, barely able to prop myself up.

I've been brave enough to watch the set on iplayer and it looked amazing.  I'm so pleased for everyone that did get to enjoy this.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not in the middle, halfway back the field where we were, it was fairly packed.

these 2 photos give an idea of how little room there was back there for LCD:

rdiCGDk.jpg

gWC43gU.jpg

as I said, back there for New Order there was plenty of room, and when we stood at the back of the field, we could see that most of it was empty.

We were stood in a similar spot for New Order and I agree with you, your pictures definitely look busier than NO.

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not in the middle, halfway back the field where we were, it was fairly packed.

these 2 photos give an idea of how little room there was back there for LCD:

rdiCGDk.jpg

gWC43gU.jpg

as I said, back there for New Order there was plenty of room, and when we stood at the back of the field, we could see that most of it was empty.

I think I was very close to this picture. I was originally just in front of the left tower, but had to leave to go to the toilet. There was no way I was getting back to them. Managed to make it halfway along the tower, but totally stalled.  When James (and the crowd ) sang "where are your friends tonight?" The answer was "just over there, but can't quite reach them!"

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've counted, and there were 36 more people at New Order than there were at LCD Soundsystem.

However, they were all wearing Kangol hats and telling each other they were "mad for it", so LCD win the moral victory.

Ah so LCD's crowd + Jake Bugg's crowd = New Order's crowd

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Jake Bugg's crowd was dispersed back to abyss from whence it came by Michael performing the required Banishing Ritual up at the Stone Circle on the Sunday night.

Sadly there wasn't really anyone in the Stone Circle on Sunday night. Even smaller than LCDs crowd ;-)  Gutted I was......

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've counted, and there were 36 more people at New Order than there were at LCD Soundsystem.

However, they were all wearing Kangol hats and telling each other they were "mad for it", so LCD win the moral victory.

Hahahaha. Kept pointing that out to my missus. Is there a particular reason why Mancunians love those hats?