LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

What I don't get is why did T book them? Presumably LCD aren't cheap to book, and they're on the second stage at a festival considerably smaller than Glasto. Everyone knew the crowd wasn't going to be great, though not that bad obviously. They probably could have had someone playing Skrillex records on vinyl and it would've got a bigger crowd. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though do we even know if there was a big turn out for Flea and the lads?

They had a decent looking crowd on the tele, busier than The Roses but less than Calvin 

But, they sounded absolutely fucking awful, which is no surprise 

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The crowd was pretty small yeah, it did fill up a bit as the gig went on and wasn't as bad as it started out being. The band were brilliant though and like at Glastonbury those that turned up were well up for it! James Murphy also made a remark about the crowd being 'like a full house at the Barrowlands'

Oh, and they played Home!

Hopefully the mention of the Barras was intended. 

49 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

In fairness, that barrier you can see is the middle barrier. Looks like there may be quite a few people in the front section. Still a tiny crowd, but LCD's from last night looked much worse.

LCD definitely bigger too.

Headlining Coachella? Come and play for 14 people at T in the Park

Anecdotal evidence from a mate who was at  W2 of Coachella said that it wasn’t too big a crowd to begin with and it got a lot worse with people leaving in their droves. Said it was a good gig but poor crowd, and was one of the reasons why I chose K&TG.

30 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Anecdotal evidence from a mate who was at  W2 of Coachella said that it wasn’t too big a crowd to begin with and it got a lot worse with people leaving in their droves. Said it was a good gig but poor crowd, and was one of the reasons why I chose K&TG.

EWF? :P

I absolutely loved that T in the park set, The few of us who were there had a fantastic time and it did fill up a wee bit more as the set progressed. 

James also said how everyone there would fit into the barrowlands which was depressingly true but hopefully foreshadowing to october. 

I knew they would get a small crowd, and I was even more sure of it after seeing The Stone Roses crowd on Friday, The size of that crowd even has me shocked though. Geoff Ellis has fucked the T in the Park lineups right up over the last few years, There is no point booking anyone like LCD Soundsystem when most of the lineup just doesn't appeal to the type of person who would go to LCD. I seen a bit of RHCP on TV and they sounded fucking awful. 

35 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I knew they would get a small crowd, and I was even more sure of it after seeing The Stone Roses crowd on Friday, The size of that crowd even has me shocked though. Geoff Ellis has fucked the T in the Park lineups right up over the last few years, There is no point booking anyone like LCD Soundsystem when most of the lineup just doesn't appeal to the type of person who would go to LCD. I seen a bit of RHCP on TV and they sounded fucking awful. 

They really didn't come across well on TV. Missus and I watched it on iplayer (she's a massive fan) and she was hugely underwhelmed. I was expecting it to be poor, but she was shocked at how bad they sounded. Maybe it came across better in person, but on TV it was dreadful.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though do we even know if there was a big turn out for Flea and the lads?

No, but I bet they took up a large percentage of the people who actually left the campsite. Pictures of crowds this weekend have convinced me to never even consider going, and I make time for Leeds ffs so that says a lot.

22 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

TITP paid a lot of money to have LCD this year as well, Geoff Ellis made it clear it was one of their headline bookings when the announcement was made.

Shame that the festival isn't capable of respecting such quality anymore 

image.png

To be fair I didn't think that the crowd at Glastonbury was all that big. Have certainly seen Other Stage headliners with much bigger (and denser) crowds.

Sad to see a few acts extremely criminally under-appreciated in the last few years by the masses. NIN too at R+L in 2013. Shows the extremity to which the young festival goers, who make up most of the punters at festivals, all clump together in the people who they follow. There's bags of potential in these bands LCD and NIN for the young to enjoy the delights of them, but the scope for exploration is absolutely minimal, and unfortunately this will only make small crowds for some of the best in the industry a more frequent occurrence. I'm 18 and I see it in my friendship group. I'm probably the only one who in friendship/year group of about 100 strong at the festival would've contemplated seeing LCD, let alone seeing them. 

We need something to change, let's face it, the young need to dance, learn and appreciate  good music such as LCD Soundsystem.

12 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Sad to see a few acts extremely criminally under-appreciated in the last few years by the masses. NIN too at R+L in 2013. Shows the extremity to which the young festival goers, who make up most of the punters at festivals, all clump together in the people who they follow. There's bags of potential in these bands LCD and NIN for the young to enjoy the delights of them, but the scope for exploration is absolutely minimal, and unfortunately this will only make small crowds for some of the best in the industry a more frequent occurrence. I'm 18 and I see it in my friendship group. I'm probably the only one who in friendship/year group of about 100 strong at the festival would've contemplated seeing LCD, let alone seeing them. 

We need something to change, let's face it, the young need to dance, learn and appreciate  good music such as LCD Soundsystem.

Aren't you like 17?