LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Ehh don't lay blame at the punters' feet. People that generally go to TITP are young people into young people stuff and the big pop and dance trends - the sort of people that go to festivals to see John Grant and LCD Soundsystem go to different festivals to see John Grant and LCD Soundsystem.

Basically what I'm saying is it's your fault.

:P

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep I'm not sure it'll even last that long, give them negative publicity with the robbery/deaths this year, it's going to face a lot of pressure to do something about it 

Cosnidering they were buy one get one free on weekend tickets, I'd definitely say it's days are numbered 

Plus I hear the weather is quite bad - I think most fests are gonna suffer due to that if it carries on.

The messed up thing is that nowadays, aside from Glastonbury, Bestival and the woefully programmed IOW, all the nine or ten big festivals are heads on the same Live Nation monster, and they're all booking to accommodate one another and crowding out the others. As bad as it is for the people who consider themselves regulars; there could be a few less of those festivals.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ehh don't lay blame at the punters' feet. People that generally go to TITP are young people into young people stuff and the big pop and dance trends - the sort of people that go to festivals to see John Grant and LCD Soundsystem go to different festivals to see John Grant and LCD Soundsystem.

Basically what I'm saying is it's your fault.

:P

A lot of that crowd used to attend though but I think they lost them when they got rid of the pet sounds/transmission stage in 2014. I would've loved to have seen them and The Stone Roses but its not really worth over £200 when there's not much else on the bill that interests me. 

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Plus I hear the weather is quite bad - I think most fests are gonna suffer due to that if it carries on.

The messed up thing is that nowadays, aside from Glastonbury, Bestival and the woefully programmed IOW, all the nine or ten big festivals are heads on the same Live Nation monster, and they're all booking to accommodate one another and crowding out the others. As bad as it is for the people who consider themselves regulars; there could be a few less of those festivals.

Yep it's meant to be extremely muddy, like soup, not the thick, tedious and sticky nonsense we had to deal with 

Waiting time to get out the car parks are moving into the hours now apparently, only going to get worse as people leave after headliners, looking like another disaster for T

To go from the high of Glastonbury to that in two weeks must be very sobering for them. 

Jokes on the fuckers at TITP that didn't go and see them tbh. It would have been the show of their lives.

Edited by jparx

Just now, willutalk said:

Hello Peeps

What's the chances of an LCD tour later this year? Missed them at Glastonbury and didn't go to TITP. Really itching to see them. Formidable band with an abundance of groove which works well with me.

Someone on here has heard that they're playing Scotland in November(?) so it's assumed more dates will come with that

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Someone on here has heard that they're playing Scotland in November(?) so it's assumed more dates will come with that

Oooh! What a treat it'd be. Would be an unmissable tour.

Saw them a few years ago with Hot Chip in Cardiff, a top night that was. Also saw them at Reading as couldn't be bother waiting for Axl to turn up with GNR. 

Both times I've been blown away, quite truly.

13 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That article is bullshit.

Firstly, Jack U was finished before LCD came on so there was zero overlap. The crowd for LCD was fantastic but the fanbase isnt going to be a rush to the stage frantic group of people. Everyone had space to enjoy themselves and the crowd was huge but relaxed. Honestly one of the highlights of the weekend. 

Sad to see T fuck this up. I was convinced T had stopped happening years ago...kinda like a dead celebrity i was suprised is still alive

1 minute ago, brayshizzle said:

Sad to see T fuck this up. I was convinced T had stopped happening years ago...kinda like a dead celebrity i was suprised is still alive

It's (sort of) twin festival Oxegen in Ireland stopped a couple of years ago after it took a misguided change in direction to be almost all EDM and shit pop acts. Although T is still booking the occasional great act the interest clearly isn't there so I imagine it won't be around for much longer either

On 09/07/2016 at 9:50 PM, Will-2609 said:

Bloody hell it was a joke. Of course people will have enjoyed both sets.

Whoops. I should have put a winky thing at the end of mine. I'm such a moaning git normally I really felt I was putting myself out there with that positive post malarkey (hang on)  ;-) 

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Must take some serious will power and professionalism to still give your all in front of that tiny crowd. 

I walked past Other Sunday night and thought that crow was quite small for a headliner - hardly anyone further back than the mixing desks.

It wasn't a huge crowd at Glastonbury but far back enough that from the Stage it will have looked great (see the BBC coverage) especially with every man, woman and child being bang up for it. 

Living in Scotland I get to discuss the merits or (increasingly) otherwise of TITP but I didnt realise it was that bad these days. That crowd is shocking.

It's just a Scottish V Fest these days, full of kids getting Buckfasted after their exams. Given they reduced capacity, offered Buy 1 get 1 free tickets and still didn't sell out, I don't think it's a sustainable business model.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It's (sort of) twin festival Oxegen in Ireland stopped a couple of years ago after it took a misguided change in direction to be almost all EDM and shit pop acts. Although T is still booking the occasional great act the interest clearly isn't there so I imagine it won't be around for much longer either

Fair enough.

Ya, thats where I got it wrong. I remember Oxegen calling it quits (it was my first ever festival back when bands like QOTSA and Interpol played) 

The crowd was pretty small yeah, it did fill up a bit as the gig went on and wasn't as bad as it started out being. The band were brilliant though and like at Glastonbury those that turned up were well up for it! James Murphy also made a remark about the crowd being 'like a full house at the Barrowlands'

Oh, and they played Home!