LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Biggest one was Oasis. They recorded one of their live DVDs in there. Also had the Libertines in 2014 after they got back together. Hot Chip last year was also pretty rammed. 

Their bread and butter bookings are the much smaller act but every so often they pull something out of the bag. That's why LCD wouldn't surprise me.

The music scene in Glasgow is great. I've been up there a couple of times for gigs, Glasvegas in Christmas 2014 was very special. I hope that the Barrowlands rumour is true for your sake and from what arcade fireman has said it seems very likely it is!

Hopefully we have news of a new album soon and a few new songs on this tour, but at the same time I'm not in any desperate rush for new material as long as we get it at some point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Gonna see them again at Electric Picnic but can't imagine it will top the absolute perfection of that gig. Mind blowing. The crowd was perfect and so were they. 

Aye I think the brilliance of Sunday night is why the thought of a winter tour isn't really turning me on. Sure it'd be good but there's no way it can come close.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye? Whereabout did you hear that?

Read your way back on here swedge, I said it on here during the festival that I'd heard they were playing Barrowlands in late october, it was from someone in TLSP' management, which is a strange angle to come from, but I expect it to be a good one, I have much faith 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Read your way back on here swedge, I said it on here during the festival that I'd heard they were playing Barrowlands in late october, it was from someone in TLSP' management, which is a strange angle to come from, but I expect it to be a good one, I have much faith 

Excellent, that's two decent sources on this then, great news.

What a set, absolutely loved it. Big old sing-song, and a really friendly crowd. Some smashed bloke next to me gave me a balloon with an LED in it just before they started, and although the balloon is long gone, the LED is still shining!

Does anyone know if LCD have a mailing list, or if indeed they might give pre-sale links to anyone on the list for a future tour? I can't find anything on their website, but it does say " 2016 tour dates coming soon."

Also, anyone have any idea how long the set will stick around on the iPlayer? Is it two weeks?

16 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Also, anyone have any idea how long the set will stick around on the iPlayer? Is it two weeks?

I think it was a month last year. However it is possible to obtain all of the iPlayer sets through other means to download them permanently. 

10 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Live in Manchester but all this chat about the Barrowlands is making me want to buy a ticket there if it gets announced! Definitely learned from Sunday the difference between a usually brilliant LCD gig and a monumentally incredible one is the crowd...

As many have said, the Barrowlands is an amazing venue - quite a few of my "best ever gig's seen" were there! But as you say, the crowd is always what makes a gig that extra bit special - and you cannae beat a Scottish crowd! :)

The only thing about the Barrowlands (and this isn't negative at all....just setting a scene for those who might come along and have never been there ;)) is it hasn't really changed much since oh....I don't know....1950? :P

Anyway, fingers firmly crossed - now I just need to hope they don't clash with any other gigs I have on in the latter half of this year (as I have a LOT!)

12 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I didn't know they'd played arenas ; I saw that tour at Manchester Apollo.

They possibly added some bigger venues after it sold out? I saw it at the Coronet in London which is small, but I know they did Alexandra Palace as well.

To the people claiming Barrowlands is the best venue in the country:

Have you been to Rock City in Nottingham? Those two tend to stand out when these kind of discussions crop up. 

I'd genuinely like a comparison from someone who has been to both. If LCD play Barrowlands I'll be extremely tempted to head up to Glasgow for the weekend. Not been up there for a few years after having a run of visiting several times a year. Love it up there!

36 minutes ago, pauladam said:

As many have said, the Barrowlands is an amazing venue - quite a few of my "best ever gig's seen" were there! But as you say, the crowd is always what makes a gig that extra bit special - and you cannae beat a Scottish crowd! :)

The only thing about the Barrowlands (and this isn't negative at all....just setting a scene for those who might come along and have never been there ;)) is it hasn't really changed much since oh....I don't know....1950? :P

Anyway, fingers firmly crossed - now I just need to hope they don't clash with any other gigs I have on in the latter half of this year (as I have a LOT!)

Aye it's a shithole! But wouldn't have it any way.

thats the best I've seen LCD inc 2 barrowland shows, God knows how good it'll be back a the barras if this is the form they're on

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Have you been to Rock City in Nottingham? Those two tend to stand out when these kind of discussions crop up. 

I'd genuinely like a comparison from someone who has been to both. If LCD play Barrowlands I'll be extremely tempted to head up to Glasgow for the weekend. Not been up there for a few years after having a run of visiting several times a year. Love it up there!

Only been to Rock City once and had an incredible night ( the levellers)

having saw the same band at both venues I'd say the barrowland just edged it, but Rock City is a brilliant night out

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I've been to both as I went to Uni in Nottingham (disclaimer-in the late 90's) but now live in Glasgow. I'm gonna cop out and say they're very similar, tatty old places with a great atmosphere. I think Barrowlands does the faded glamour thing better but there's nothing between them. If you like one you'll like the other.

18 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I've been to both as I went to Uni in Nottingham (disclaimer-in the late 90's) but now live in Glasgow. I'm gonna cop out and say they're very similar, tatty old places with a great atmosphere. I think Barrowlands does the faded glamour thing better but there's nothing between them. If you like one you'll like the other.

I figured that would be the case. Rock City is mega no frills, but I like that about it. It's a dingy old place full of fantastic people :P

Absolutely incredible gig. The songs, the performance and the staging was also simplistic brilliance. Shame the disco ball didn't descend again, as it was stunning. (Also, I think New York I Love you should have been binned but there we go). So glad they didn't disappoint. The crowd were also incredible, so friendly and euphoric.