LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I remember waiting half of Wolf Alice at TITP, including Moaning Lisa Smile which was the one song I was looking forward to hearing all weekend, all because my mates wouldn't hurry up. From that day on I vowed to think "feck 'em" when it comes to festivals and just venture off by myself.

I just lay down some ground rules when we first arrive to festivals. Set up a few meeting points on the major stages, so if a few people are planning to see the act they will likely bump in to each other, meet up a few times throughout the day as long as everyone has a gap in their schedule, then meet up at a certain place after the headliners so we can all bimble around together sampling the nightlife. Aside from that, it's every man for themselves.  Thankfully, my friends all have a similar mindset so it works out well.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

so surprised by her positioning - must've totally overestimated her appeal, although likewise in being ecstatic over it as i now get to see her :D 

To be honest I was surprised by the suggestion she'd headline the stage, didn't think she was big enough for it myself. Panicked for nothing in the end then!:D

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

To be honest I was surprised by the suggestion she'd headline the stage, didn't think she was big enough for it myself. Panicked for nothing in the end then!:D

she tweeted 'sundaynight' so i assumed that meant headlining, or at the least subbing a stage, and headlining the Park seemed such a good fit for her. but yeah, can't complain at all! not arsed about ELO myself so will be in the JP at that time. just hope the crowd isn't too sparse due to everybody being at the Pyramid (although i doubt it'll be half as bad as previous Dolly and Lionel years)

Absolutely made  up they've  got a 90 minute set instead of 75. Also good they've ended up on the Sunday and not Friday, cos the Sunday is really lacking in terms of acts for me so glad I have  my favourite act of the weekend saved til the end.

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Absolutely made  up they've  got a 90 minute set instead of 75. Also good they've ended up on the Sunday and not Friday, cos the Sunday is really lacking in terms of acts for me so glad I have  my favourite act of the weekend saved til the end.

just noticed the 90 minute set myself :D so good. this is gonna be such a great way to round off the live acts of the weekend

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I can't believe we'll ending our Glastonbury with this. I've been to a fair few festivals at this point, and this will easily be the best 'final moment' of any of them.

Fully Agree!!!  Tissues at the ready.  I hope someone will be around for a hug.

13 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Probably try and catch the first 20 minutes of grimes and then squash my way to the front of LCD. I'm so happy it's 90mins :)

I know - 90 minutes! That's at least 3 of their own songs and a Bowie/prince medley