LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hey all.

Slightly off topic but I'm heading to London tomorrow for the day and I'm after an LCD t-shirt. Does anyone know of a few good shops where I'd be likely to get one? I'm awful at finding stuff in London. I lived their for two years and I'm still none the wiser on these things.

We'll be mainly around Brick Lane and then Camden, so anywhere around those two places would be ideal.

Also, I forget who, but someone mentioned getting the Farewell MSG show on vinyl (the rsd release). Which shop was that from? I'm not expecting to get that specifically, but I'm assuming it must be a good record shop if they had it :D

Cheers!

Ive never seen an LCD one but there's plenty of DFA tees around

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I suggested this to my sister and leaving her to watch Coldplay. I do feel pretty bad though seeing as it's her first Glastonbury.

One of the best things to do at Glastonbury is go off by yourself, but yeah, the final headliner is a tough one....

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'll be heading there anyway so I'll have a gander, cheers :)

Weirdly though, it doesn't seem as though Rough Trade actually stocks LCD vinyls. The one near me in Notts has nothing, and they always seem to be out of stock on their website.

There's Flashback at the top of Brick Lane too. Well worth a visit. (You probably know this already)

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This - I try to find bands I know noone I'm with will be at. Can stand where I want, be as selfish as I want, move if I want, Not have to listen to them if they wanna talk to me at the wrong time!

(I'm suh a joyous, happy person). 

And that's why I'm flying solo this year. I'll get places faster. None of this: 

"Wait Alan is just queuing for the loo."  Wait 6 minutes for Alan's return. Walk 5 minutes down the railway track. "Hold on a sec, Sharon wants a growler".  12 minutes later Sharon returns covered in cheese. Walk at a snails pace turning around every 5 seconds to see you haven't lost anyone. "Oi! Stop Walking so fast, we are looking for somewhere that sells this stupid f'ing flower headbands because we are cliched idiots".  

Then I've missed 60% of Tom Jones' set and i'm a grumpy bastard.  Then there's a big sing song to Delilah and I'm happy but vow never to go to Glastonbury with "friends' again. 

Edited by karaseen
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If it's someone I REALLY want to see and this is happening, I fuck em off and walk ahead (they're allowed one stop, but only if we've set off in time (the thing that really annoys me is "what's the rush - it won't take half an hour to walk to x stage" -

"No it won't, but if I say we're setting off now, we won't actually set off for 15 mins while people get their shit together, then there'll be a 5 minute piss stop and a ten minute food stop and a 10 minute t shirt stop so get your shit together now or I'm off and I'll see you Monday." (is what I almost never scream in their faces))

Only to be accused of being a miserable bastard and we all got there just in time anyway. 

We are probably actually really nice people. Just bloody efficient. 

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

Have you tried Cut/Copy mate? I have only just got into them. Have heard a few tunes in passing, but they hit me like a brick when I actually sat down and listened to them.

I haven't, I will try them out a bit later though :)

42 minutes ago, karaseen said:

And that's why I'm flying solo this year. I'll get places faster. None of this: 

"Wait Alan is just queuing for the loo."  Wait 6 minutes for Alan's return. Walk 5 minutes down the railway track. "Hold on a sec, Sharon wants a growler".  12 minutes later Sharon returns covered in cheese. Walk at a snails pace turning around every 5 seconds to see you haven't lost anyone. "Oi! Stop Walking so fast, we are looking for somewhere that sells this stupid f'ing flower headbands because we are cliched idiots".  

Then I've missed 60% of Tom Jones' set and i'm a grumpy bastard.  Then there's a big sing song to Delilah and I'm happy but vow never to go to Glastonbury with "friends' again. 

Yeah, group of five is absolute maximum to walk around with. Three is preferable.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just an FYI that RedBubble is all unofficial, so nothing of what you spend will go to the band or DFA. Also quality can really vary.

I'm well aware, but when LCD's shop doesn't work there's not much else you can do. If they are willing to sell me a t-shirt I'll more than happily buy it. And I'd be willing to pay much more for an official one.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, group of five is absolute maximum to walk around with. Three is preferable.

Ooh - 5 is too many.

Basically we have the same meeting point at each stage, if someone wants to come along then that's where I'll be. Bimbling is best done alone.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

BTW can I ask why LCD are pretty much guaranteed for the Sunday? I think I've missed this. That clash with Sigur Ros has been tearing me apart.

On 28/05/2016 at 6:18 AM, Morgs74 said:

Just got back from the Hot Chip takeover which was as quality as you'd expect from them.  Chatted with Joe Goddard and he not only said he is doing Beat Hotel Sunday night and somewhere Thursday night (think Shangri-La but can't remember).  I asked if Al Doyle was playing with LCD and he said yes, and they are 100% doing Sunday night.  He wasn't sure of stage but we know it must be Other.  

So Sunday night LCD... buzzing

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

BTW can I ask why LCD are pretty much guaranteed for the Sunday? I think I've missed this. That clash with Sigur Ros has been tearing me apart.

somebody asked Al Doyle if he would be performing with LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury, and he said yes and that they were playing the Sunday although he wasn't sure which stage (think we can assume it's headlining Other)

On 29/05/2016 at 3:18 PM, Festival Liam said:

GUYS THIS IS THE DESIGNATED TOILET BREAK INBETWEEN ACTS, GO NOW OR GET LEFT BEHIND

Having negotiated groups of 15-20 people at times at Glastonbury (and 20 plus occasional meet ups) I've learnt to be brutal... 

I have a different tactic with groups that size:

"I'm off to see x, bye"