LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

pretty sure he never said that.

he said that he was told his info was wrong. whether that is them playing Sunday, playing the Other Stage, or headlining the Other Stage, he wasn't sure.

Oh yeah, this is what I meant. Still doesn't change that Dental is wrong and needs to knock it off with them negative waves.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sure, but like I said, BMTH in a higher slot and as an alternative to huge draws in Coldplay and Earth Wind & Fire makes a lot more sense to me than LCD doing it, so I'm just apprehensive about celebrating things working out until it's confirmed.

not to me. BMTH headlining the Other is highly ambitious. LCD will 100% have a bigger crowd than them and as mentioned, are doing headline slots pretty much everywhere. they're not playing 2nd on the 2nd stage, regardless of how much it allows some sort of vague stylistic alternative to what's on the Pyramid/WH later.

2 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

Are we certain EW&F are closing a stage on Sunday? Because that is going to be an upsetting clash.

They're playing in Paris  on the Friday and most people seem to have james Blake down as Saturday WH headliner but I'm not sure what more there is to it than that. one of the worst clashes ever. 

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not to me. BMTH headlining the Other is highly ambitious. LCD will 100% have a bigger crowd than them and as mentioned, are doing headline slots pretty much everywhere. they're not playing 2nd on the 2nd stage, regardless of how much it allows some sort of vague stylistic alternative to what's on the Pyramid/WH later.

Yeah I mean there's plenty that suggests LCD are a suitable Other headliner too. I just thought they both would and I also think that of the two, BMTH are the bigger band to most people and more of an alternative to the big name headliners on other stages. But it also, thankfully, looks like my opinion is wrong and LCD will headline the Other that night.

Bring Me The Horizon are the bigger act without a doubt. Arena tour that's sold well, R&L subliners, the last 2 albums have both made the top 3 in the charts...so I have no idea why they're lower than Other headliners. Not complaining though.

I find it even more bizarre that The 1975 are gonna be 3rd down the other. They're much bigger than that suggests. Again, not a complaint, just that has hardly been questioned by most people and it makes no sense to me at all.

But Muse, New Order and LCD Soundsystem. What a trio of headliners. Could be tempted to catch someone else on the Friday instead of Muse, but not Disclosure, Sigur Ros or Underworld. Maybe someone else of interest will come along but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I find it even more bizarre that The 1975 are gonna be 3rd down the other. They're much bigger than that suggests. Again, not a complaint, just that has hardly been questioned by most people and it makes no sense to me at all.

yeah it's a weird one that, and i still have my doubts over it - The 1975 subbing with Chvrches below makes far more sense. but as i've said many a time, maybe they're just not that arsed about the positions they get and are happy to play wherever

8 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

my friends are probably watching coldplay too, so if you or anyone need friends for lcd i'll be there

Im so glad this is a common issue ! Its breaking my fucking heart, I'm gonna have a go at convincing 'all my friends'.
I think a group of lonely efest lcd fans may have to be created otherwise  

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah it's a weird one that, and i still have my doubts over it - The 1975 subbing with Chvrches below makes far more sense. but as i've said many a time, maybe they're just not that arsed about the positions they get and are happy to play wherever

Yeah they're easily bigger than Chvrches. They've undersold themselves at R&L too. If Disclosure are coheadliners then so are The 1975. Makes life easier anyway if they're gonna be on at the same time as The Last Shadow Puppets, and/or dare I say Radiohead, one less clash to worry about.

Btw if any non Coldplay fans are going to see Coldplay instead just to avoid being on your own...come on. Once the music starts it won't matter all that much who you're with. Don't miss out for the sake of getting to stand next to your friend who you've already spent 5 days with.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Btw if any non Coldplay fans are going to see Coldplay instead just to avoid being on your own...come on. Once the music starts it won't matter all that much who you're with. Don't miss out for the sake of getting to stand next to your friend who you've already spent 5 days with.

Amen. That's the number one rule of Glastonbury/any live music. I've had so many good times on my own. No regrets. 

I'm dragging wor lass over to this because theres nothing on the Sunday for her and I really want to see them. I have tried to get her into them with an iPod playlist of their rough setlist and she reckons she will have a good time, but she is not convinced about their songs. I have only recently started listening to them myself, but they're so much better live than in the studio. 

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I'm dragging wor lass over to this because theres nothing on the Sunday for her and I really want to see them. I have tried to get her into them with an iPod playlist of their rough setlist and she reckons she will have a good time, but she is not convinced about their songs. I have only recently started listening to them myself, but they're so much better live than in the studio. 

Have you tried Cut/Copy mate? I have only just got into them. Have heard a few tunes in passing, but they hit me like a brick when I actually sat down and listened to them.

8 hours ago, Odessa said:

Amen!

I'm going to Glastonbury SOLO this year. No excuses people!! No one to blame but yourself if you miss an act you really want to see. 

10 hours ago, supasum said:

Im so glad this is a common issue ! Its breaking my fucking heart, I'm gonna have a go at convincing 'all my friends'.
I think a group of lonely efest lcd fans may have to be created otherwise  

as long as i'm with a field of lcd fans and dancing, then I won't be lonely

Hey all.

Slightly off topic but I'm heading to London tomorrow for the day and I'm after an LCD t-shirt. Does anyone know of a few good shops where I'd be likely to get one? I'm awful at finding stuff in London. I lived their for two years and I'm still none the wiser on these things.

We'll be mainly around Brick Lane and then Camden, so anywhere around those two places would be ideal.

Also, I forget who, but someone mentioned getting the Farewell MSG show on vinyl (the rsd release). Which shop was that from? I'm not expecting to get that specifically, but I'm assuming it must be a good record shop if they had it :D

Cheers!

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

We'll be mainly around Brick Lane and then Camden, so anywhere around those two places would be ideal.

I live in Camden and there are loads of t-shirt stalls in and around the market, but I can't remember seeing an LCD t-shirt, though I usually avoid these areas like the plague.  Why not just buy online?

Just now, karaseen said:

I live in Camden and there are loads of t-shirt stalls in and around the market, but I can't remember seeing an LCD t-shirt, though I usually avoid these areas like the plague.  Why not just buy online?

I probably will if I can't find anything on Monday. I'd rather get something in person though so I know it's the right size.

That's the problem - I know loads of places that sell random t-shirts but finding something specific is always a nightmare for me :P

Just now, jparx said:

I probably will if I can't find anything on Monday. I'd rather get something in person though so I know it's the right size.

That's the problem - I know loads of places that sell random t-shirts but finding something specific is always a nightmare for me :P

The shop on LCD's own website seems to be broken.

I can never shop for something specific.  NEVER find it.  Sorry.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU THOUGH.  I'll be in American right before Glasto and I know exactly where to get an LCD t-shirt there. Happily pick one up for you and swap at the effects meet!

• Upvote 1

Just now, karaseen said:

The shop on LCD's own website seems to be broken.

I can never shop for something specific.  NEVER find it.  Sorry.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU THOUGH.  I'll be in American right before Glasto and I know exactly where to get an LCD t-shirt there. Happily pick one up for you and swap at the effects meet!

Yep! That's my main problem!

Thanks so much for the offer! Not sure if I'll make the meet yet though. I'll report back ;)

This really is one of the most helpful forums I've ever seen :D

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hey all.

Slightly off topic but I'm heading to London tomorrow for the day and I'm after an LCD t-shirt. Does anyone know of a few good shops where I'd be likely to get one? I'm awful at finding stuff in London. I lived their for two years and I'm still none the wiser on these things.

Also, I forget who, but someone mentioned getting the Farewell MSG show on vinyl (the rsd release). Which shop was that from? I'm not expecting to get that specifically, but I'm assuming it must be a good record shop if they had it :D

Cheers!

Might be worth trying Rough Trade East just off Brick Lane. 

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

I suggested this to my sister and leaving her to watch Coldplay. I do feel pretty bad though seeing as it's her first Glastonbury.

Just now, rostro said:

Might be worth trying Rough Trade East just off Brick Lane. 

I'll be heading there anyway so I'll have a gander, cheers :)

Weirdly though, it doesn't seem as though Rough Trade actually stocks LCD vinyls. The one near me in Notts has nothing, and they always seem to be out of stock on their website.