LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

Watching the Coachella set. I'm only familiar with a few songs, but this is great. These would be perfect for Sunday. I'm gonna be pissed off if they clash with Underworld now. 

On 11 May 2016 at 0:20 PM, Festival Liam said:

The headliners and subheadliners are looking like a right mess at the moment. Just imagining a LCD / Sigur Ros / Grimes clash with sadness.

I will definitely be seeing Adele and LCD Soundsystem, but how the rest of (in rough order of priority) Grimes, Sigur Ros, Disclosure, Chvrches, Foals, Coldplay (don't judge, all my friends will be going and they are actually brilliant live) and Earth Wind and Fire all fit in, fuck knows. Top two slots across multiple stages looking a right mess this year. 

You're safe on Grimes because she's playing elsewhere on the Friday night. I just know she's gonna clash with EWF as they're my number 1 and 2 priorities :/.

7 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Can someone refresh my memory? We think that they will headline The Other Stage on the Friday right? But why do we think that?  

Neil's info.

There's also a chance Disclosure are on Friday and LCD Sunday, however. I did think this situation relied on Radiohead appearing, though Neil has said to me today that he has been told Disclosure aren't on Pyramid, regardless of the Radiohead situation.

If they are both on the Other Stage I think it's pretty much 50/50 on which is Friday and which is Sunday, but LCD Sunday makes more sense to me in terms of who they're up against.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Neil's info.

There's also a chance Disclosure are on Friday and LCD Sunday, however. I did think this situation relied on Radiohead appearing, though Neil has said to me today that he has been told Disclosure aren't on Pyramid, regardless of the Radiohead situation.

If they are both on the Other Stage I think it's pretty much 50/50 on which is Friday and which is Sunday, but LCD Sunday makes more sense to me in terms of who they're up against.

Obviously Disclosure headlining West Holts in 2014 makes the Other Stage the natural progression.  Was just wondering why LCD wouldn't headline West Holts.  Too big?

In my head Neil had LCD down as Other Stage on the rumours list, but now it says stage TBD. I think that might have just been my imagination though, but that's why I am a bit confused.

THANKS to you both! :)  Sorry for being lazy. I could've read back through the thread but its late on Friday and I am looking forward to the pub....

4 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Obviously Disclosure headlining West Holts in 2014 makes the Other Stage the natural progression.  Was just wondering why LCD wouldn't headline West Holts.  Too big?

In my head Neil had LCD down as Other Stage on the rumours list, but now it says stage TBD. I think that might have just been my imagination though, but that's why I am a bit confused.

THANKS to you both! :)  Sorry for being lazy. I could've read back through the thread but its late on Friday and I am looking forward to the pub....

Yeah I'd say too big. Well, maybe not too big in terms of crowd they'd attract, but it's a smaller slot than they're playing anywhere else and I doubt they'd accept it. They subbed Other last time they played and will command a bigger slot on the back of their reformation.

I can't remember whether he had them down as Other Stage on the rumours page but if he has removed them then that could be down to conflicting info from Loaded Magazine (they say Disclosure, New Order and BMTH are Other headliners) making him doubt that.

I'm very confident they'll headline Other, but if not then the next most likely slot for me is subbing Adele, as bizarre as that would seem in practice.

Just now, bocumaroy said:

Do we have any idea where/when Grimes will play? I've had in my mind that she'll headline JP tent on Sunday night (not sure why or if there's any substance to that), but a clash with LCD would be the worst possible outcome of the lineup for me. 

Based on nothing whatsoever, I don't think she'd like that either.

only thing putting my doubts on Disclosure being on the Friday is the fact that Gregory Porter, who sings vocals on a song from their latest album, can only play the Sunday, and so if they were wanting a guest-tastic set it would make sense for them to play on the same day as him. but everything else, including the acts seemingly on earlier on the Other Stage on the Friday and the Bastille man's info would say they're playing the Friday. i guess missing one guest for one song ain't too much of a big deal. long live the Sigur Ros/Radiohead/LCD Soundsystem dream

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

only thing putting my doubts on Disclosure being on the Friday is the fact that Gregory Porter, who sings vocals on a song from their latest album, can only play the Sunday, and so if they were wanting a guest-tastic set it would make sense for them to play on the same day as him. but everything else, including the acts seemingly on earlier on the Other Stage on the Friday and the Bastille man's info would say they're playing the Friday. i guess missing one guest for one song ain't too much of a big deal. long live the Sigur Ros/Radiohead/LCD Soundsystem dream

Radiohead would only be subbing though :P