LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

10 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

Me too, & I really don't like EWF either, although I expect that's where the crew will want to be. An underwhelming finish.

I'll be doing Bat For Lashes if that's the Sunday options. Combination of me enjoying what I've heard since listening to her on Spotify and wanting to see a Park headliner one of the nights. I'd be quite happy with that then off to one of the dance-y places to see out the rest of the festival.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a change of focus in the company.

Does this change your thoughts any on what he had to say about the other stage headliners? Or he the disclosure/radiohead sub situation made you think otherwise?

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Does this change your thoughts any on what he had to say about the other stage headliners? Or he the disclosure/radiohead sub situation made you think otherwise?

I'll let you know in a bit, maybe.... now he's free of the company shackles, he might feel able to tell me what he knows.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'll let you know in a bit, maybe.... now he's free of the company shackles, he might feel able to tell me what he knows.

Good man Neil

I know for one the positions of LCD is one of the main things playing on my mind, as well as many others 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Good man Neil

I know for one the positions of LCD is one of the main things playing on my mind, as well as many others 

I'd already started a convo with him today as it happens, tho I guess he's more interested right now in finding stuff to pay the bills than wittering to me. If I find anything out from that direction or a few others that seem to have got hotter today I'll let you know what I know.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd already started a convo with him today as it happens, tho I guess he's more interested right now in finding stuff to pay the bills than wittering to me. If I find anything out from that direction or a few others that seem to have got hotter today I'll let you know what I know.

Sources hotting up makes me think that the line up might be closer than we think

Maybe that's me being optimistically hopeful 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think it probably is.

I'm not expecting any of the bigger stages to be announced for at least a week.

Il be surprised if they announce anything tomorrow, with it being the refund deadline, I have something like early on in week beginning 16th for a full announcment, whether it'll be the website with times etc I'm unsure obviously, but a fuller picture of what we've got definitely 

I really want to see these but don't have much hope if they play Friday. Interesting that people are predicting Fatboy Slim to headline JP. Doesn't he play random early slots all over the weekend? I am not convinced he will headline, especially if Underworld are in there on the Friday (that could be West Holts for them though).

Just now, Alan_C said:

I really want to see these but don't have much hope if they play Friday. Interesting that people are predicting Fatboy Slim to headline JP. Doesn't he play random early slots all over the weekend? I am not convinced he will headline, especially if Underworld are in there on the Friday (that could be West Holts for them though).

He's been confirmed to be playing JP (can't remember where) as he asked specifically to be there as its one of the few stages he's yet to play (where he'd fit in). Think Underworld are gonna be WH myself

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

He's been confirmed to be playing JP (can't remember where) as he asked specifically to be there as its one of the few stages he's yet to play (where he'd fit in). Think Underworld are gonna be WH myself

He said it himself on 6Music 

*though I'm not sure headlining was ever mentioned, just playing Saturday night, think headlining was just the general presumption 

Edited by Mezhyp1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye, I seen he had confirmed for there, it is the headlining bit I'm not totally convinced about. He could definitely headline, but there's no reason why he won't be on a bit earlier either. Underworld being on West Holts might make it more likely. No chance of me seeing him anyway on the Saturday, it's looking like a pretty strong night.

Just now, Alan_C said:

Aye, I seen he had confirmed for there, it is the headlining bit I'm not totally convinced about. He could definitely headline, but there's no reason why he won't be on a bit earlier either. Underworld being on West Holts might make it more likely. No chance of me seeing him anyway on the Saturday, it's looking like a pretty strong night.

I think he'll definitely headline. Even though he plays a lot, a 'proper' Fatboy Slim set (which is what I'm assuming he's doing) will still be a big draw. I mean, the crowds his secret sets have brought in have been insane, so stands to reason a set of his will bring in the crowds, especially on the Saturday which headliner wise is looking a tad downbeat

LCD are my number one must see for the festival, that would only change if Radiohead are playing in which case they'd be bumped to second place. 

I'd just accepted they'd be my Friday headliner, but the ideal situation would be them on Sunday given how barren it's looking at the moment. Especially if Sigur Ros/Underworld are going to be on Friday. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think he'll definitely headline. Even though he plays a lot, a 'proper' Fatboy Slim set (which is what I'm assuming he's doing) will still be a big draw. I mean, the crowds his secret sets have brought in have been insane, so stands to reason a set of his will bring in the crowds, especially on the Saturday which headliner wise is looking a tad downbeat

I have been thinking all along that Underworld would be in JP, but there doesn't seem to be any names getting mentioned for WH on the Friday, so maybe it does fit them being on there if FS is headlining JP on Saturday. I've never seen a WH headliner before, so it might be two this year with Underworld and EWF. I see a lot of people seem to love it on here, so I am assuming it's good for sound etc? I've only went around there through the day time.

21 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I have been thinking all along that Underworld would be in JP, but there doesn't seem to be any names getting mentioned for WH on the Friday, so maybe it does fit them being on there if FS is headlining JP on Saturday. I've never seen a WH headliner before, so it might be two this year with Underworld and EWF. I see a lot of people seem to love it on here, so I am assuming it's good for sound etc? I've only went around there through the day time.

I seen Hot Chip there last year. Just the same as most stages at most festivals. Can't say there was anything that made it stand out.

26 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I love West Holts but not exactly sure why....  The Brothers bar probably helps.

Think I just like the feel of the field and how it's kind of enclosed.  Saw Hot Chip last year and they were my favourite of the weekend.  Bonobo the year before after the Wailers...  sound was great for all of them.

The sound is the most important thing. I've noticed the Other Stage sounding very bad early on in the day for some sets. What is the rough capacity of WH field? 

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

I have been thinking all along that Underworld would be in JP, but there doesn't seem to be any names getting mentioned for WH on the Friday, so maybe it does fit them being on there if FS is headlining JP on Saturday. 

I can't see Underworld headlining West Holts if Fatboy is headlining JP. I'd they're both a very similar draw so for Underworld to on a much bigger stage seems odd. I'm sticking with Underworld/Fatboy Slim/Grimes as my JPT prediction. As for Friday night at West Holts now that D'Angelo sees to have dissapeared from the guessing game I guess it's not impossible that Sigur Ros could be headlining it as opposed to park or someone new announced. 

28 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

I can't see Underworld headlining West Holts if Fatboy is headlining JP. I'd they're both a very similar draw so for Underworld to on a much bigger stage seems odd. I'm sticking with Underworld/Fatboy Slim/Grimes as my JPT prediction. As for Friday night at West Holts now that D'Angelo sees to have dissapeared from the guessing game I guess it's not impossible that Sigur Ros could be headlining it as opposed to park or someone new announced. 

West Holts isn't much bigger than JP and Fatboy Slim plays a thousand tiny sets every year. In 2016 Underworld will certainly be a bigger draw than him.