LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Loaded have never been an authoritative source on anything Glasto (I know you said IF). 

LCD would have to sub Pyramid if they didn't headline Other. But it would be a square peg in a round hole. 

I seem to remember Neil saying that the guy who wrote the Loaded article could have reliable information...or at least that he wouldn't pull the info out of thin air. I'm massively paraphrasing Neil, but it was something to that effect (he can correct me if I'm wrong!)

So it may not be wise to disregard the article so quickly. It's probably the case that he has out of date information, but to say 'Loaded have never been an authoritative source on anything Glasto' isn't really fair on them.

12 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Loaded have never been an authoritative source on anything Glasto (I know you said IF). 

the guy who wrote that article is *VERY* well connected for good music biz gossip.

While he might be wrong about Disclosure, it shouldn't be dismissed as wrong just yet. He'll have said it because he'll have been told it by someone in the know - and if it's not Disclosure it'll be because their slot got moved since he was told it.

10 hours ago, jparx said:

I seem to remember Neil saying that the guy who wrote the Loaded article could have reliable information...or at least that he wouldn't pull the info out of thin air. I'm massively paraphrasing Neil, but it was something to that effect (he can correct me if I'm wrong!)

So it may not be wise to disregard the article so quickly. It's probably the case that he has out of date information, but to say 'Loaded have never been an authoritative source on anything Glasto' isn't really fair on them.

Yep.

I know John Earls, and I know his sources are excellent. Not always correct - and sometimes stuff changes anyway - but not something to be dismissed just because it's in loaded.

9 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

LCD / EW&F clash leaves me in a dark and dreary place I don't want to be in 

LCD/EW&F/Underworld were my 3 must sees for the festival. Unfortunately something is gonna have to give, unless one of them subs a stage...

I'm thinking for headliners it could be

Friday:

Py: Muse

Wh: LCD Soundsystem

Pa: Sigur Rós

Jp: Underworld

Saturday:

Py: Adele

Wh: James Blake

Pa: Charles Hazelwood orchestra thing (after explosions in the sky)

Jp: Fatboy Slim

Sunday:

Py: Coldplay

Wh: Earth, Wind & Fire

Pa: Bat for Lashes

Jp: Grimes

all fits right to me.

Edited by Acid_Haze

14 hours ago, jparx said:

The guy who wrote the Loaded article posted on a New Order forum I browse and he was adamant that his story was correct.

29 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

all fits right to me.

LCD/SR and JB/NO clashes would be gutting for me, although I'd probably go for LCD and Blake.

I'm surprised Bat for Lashes is being tipped for a headline slot a lot, I had no idea she was that popular!

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Oooh I see, I think what's being questioned is the part about him saying about Disclosure headlining the Other on the Friday? Where as Neil had it that it would be LCD on the Other on the Friday? 

Just now, theDandy said:

Oooh I see, I think what's being questioned is the part about him saying about Disclosure headlining the Other on the Friday? Where as Neil had it that it would be LCD on the Other on the Friday? 

No idea mate. I just thought it was strange he actually posted in the first place. To then actually say it was 100% correct was pretty brave.

47 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

all fits right to me.

Friday:

Ot: LCD Soundsystem

WH: Unannounced (maybe was D'Angelo and he pulled)

JP: Underworld

Sat:

Py: Adele (Disclosure sub)

Ot: New Order

WH: James Blake

JP: Fatboy Slim

Pa: Bowie-fest after Explosions in the Sky

Sun:

Ot: Bring Me The Horizon

WH: Earth, Wind and Fire

JP: Two Door Cinema Club (Grimes sub)

Pa: Bat For Lashes

Can't see LCD Soundsystem being on West Holts with the info we have about only 8 acts being announced for it so far.

26 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No idea mate. I just thought it was strange he actually posted in the first place. To then actually say it was 100% correct was pretty brave.

assuming it's actually him, he could very well mean that he's 100% certain that New Order were to be headlining Other on Saturday.

55 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and funnily enough, the guy who wrote that loaded article is no longer working for loaded.

So he was stupid rather than brave?? I thought it was a bit strange him posting it in the 1st place. That New Order forum is hardly the busiest of places.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:

Ot: LCD Soundsystem

WH: Unannounced (maybe was D'Angelo and he pulled)

JP: Underworld

Sat:

Py: Adele (Disclosure sub)

Ot: New Order

WH: James Blake

JP: Fatboy Slim

Pa: Bowie-fest after Explosions in the Sky

Sun:

Ot: Bring Me The Horizon

WH: Earth, Wind and Fire

JP: Two Door Cinema Club (Grimes sub)

Pa: Bat For Lashes

I hope that isn't the case... I have nothing of interest on sunday night really. Possibly EWF. 

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I hope that isn't the case... I have nothing of interest on sunday night really. Possibly EWF. 

Me too, & I really don't like EWF either, although I expect that's where the crew will want to be. An underwhelming finish.