LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've seen it. He was interviewed outside the recording studio where he said he was in the middle of recording new music.  As in, he was doing it that day as was just heading back in.

or, as the other band members claimed, they are just rehearsing for the gigs this summer.  in the Made of Stone film there's a clip of their rehearsal room with the setlist that features 'new song' or some such.  that didn't happen either.

it's in their interests to keep claiming there's new music.  and they are renowned bullshitters!

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

or, as the other band members claimed, they are just rehearsing for the gigs this summer.  in the Made of Stone film there's a clip of their rehearsal room with the setlist that features 'new song' or some such.  that didn't happen either.

it's in their interests to keep claiming there's new music.  and they are renowned bullshitters!

new material has got to come somewhere along the way, and fairly soon. it's not like when Blur reformed for a second time with no new material to play, as they had a plethora of material to choose from as well as their set staples, whereas the Roses have that one album, a second album that people aren't too keen to hear live, and then the singles. they already did a slight variation of their setlists on their last tour - they can't have much else left to roll out without new material

but of course i'm sure tons of people would keep paying to just hear the self titled played over and over again

Just now, FloorFiller said:

new material has got to come somewhere along the way, and fairly soon. it's not like when Blur reformed for a second time with no new material to play, as they had a plethora of material to choose from as well as their set staples, whereas the Roses have that one album, a second album that people aren't too keen to hear live, and then the singles. they already did a slight variation of their setlists on their last tour - they can't have much else left to roll out without new material

but of course i'm sure tons of people would keep paying to just hear the self titled played over and over again

it really doesn't.  they've announced some gigs and sold most of the tickets.  that's it.  you summed things up in your last sentence.

14 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

i dont really see why they wouldn't. Unfortunately it would be a very glastonbury thing to do, i.e having about 4 great headliners on the friday and precious little the other nights.....

Friday is always the day with the most clashes whilst saturday and sunday at times can feel barren.

I want to see both acts but wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if they clash

I fear you may be right. All signs point to them both headlining the Friday night. 

Balls.

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

it really doesn't.  they've announced some gigs and sold most of the tickets.  that's it.  you summed things up in your last sentence.

Yeah, I don't think anybody bought tickets thinking "can't wait to hear some new material". I certainly didn't. New material would be nice if it's anywhere near as good as the old stuff but that just seems really unlikely. At the same time though New Order put out a good album for the first time in decades last year, so maybe the Roses could surprise us too.

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah, I don't think anybody bought tickets thinking "can't wait to hear some new material". I certainly didn't. New material would be nice if it's anywhere near as good as the old stuff but that just seems really unlikely. At the same time though New Order put out a good album for the first time in decades last year, so maybe the Roses could surprise us too.

yeah as an outsider looking in i guess the lack of new material seems rather shitty, but diehard Roses fans seem totally content to keep bellowing out I Am The Resurrection until the cows come home, so fair enough if they don't have anything new for these shows. i think they will though, even if it is just a single and maybe one new song in the set

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah as an outsider looking in i guess the lack of new material seems rather shitty, but diehard Roses fans seem totally content to keep bellowing out I Am The Resurrection until the cows come home, so fair enough if they don't have anything new for these shows. i think they will though, even if it is just a single and maybe one new song in the set

now i've nailed my colours to the mast...  new tune stealth released this afternoon, guaranteed :D

I've met and chatted to the promoter of a popular indie reunion festival at gigs and stuff a few times (we are Fbook friends and everything!) and he told me loads of great gossip. Apparently the Roses are all sound, apart from one - the problem being Mani is a total kn0b. Apparently Pat Nevin is a lovely bloke though (I find that v easy to believe).

Okay, the guy who does the most in the Mondays was completely straight. However, he was on all sorts of medication (to keep him going I guess, as in legit). Before they were due on stage he refused to go on, and someone had to give him injection in his arse before he would go on! (I said 'as in drugs?' and he said no, as in vitamins or whatever). I told a mate this story and he said it made sense, as he saw them on tour at around the same time and he saw that there was a lot of remonstrating in the wings before he came on then, but he didn't think anything of it at the time.

The person who does little to nothing, but is the second most most famous, however, was contracted to be there all day to 'host' various things. He was chomping away on the stimulant they are most readily associated from when he arrived and before they went on he was smoking a pipe "and it didn't have weed in it".

3 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Roses released new music and played it at the gigs, not sure the crowd would mind...

I've said a few times on here that i think Roses will be one of our headliners next year. Could new music see them do two tours in two years? I honestly think so.

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Okay, the guy who does the most in the Mondays was completely straight. However, he was on all sorts of medication (to keep him going I guess, as in legit). Before they were due on stage he refused to go on, and someone had to give him injection in his arse before he would go on! (I said 'as in drugs?' and he said no, as in vitamins or whatever). I told a mate this story and he said it made sense, as he saw them on tour at around the same time and he saw that there was a lot of remonstrating in the wings before he came on then, but he didn't think anything of it at the time.

The person who does little to nothing, but is the second most most famous, however, was contracted to be there all day to 'host' various things. He was chomping away on the stimulant they are most readily associated from when he arrived and before they went on he was smoking a pipe "and it didn't have weed in it".

If I lived in Salford that guy would so have my vote for MP

• Upvote 1

On 29 March 2016 at 10:37 PM, Bradders said:

Get Innocuous!

Daft Punk is Playing at My House

I Can Change

Us V Them

Tribulations

Movement

Yeah

Someone Great

Losing My Edge

Home

Dance Yrself Clean

All My Friends

That's the ideal, but even as an iTunes playlist that comes to 1:23 so we'll be lucky to even get that much.

Stick All I Want in the encore, and swap Losing My Edge for Drunk Girls, and you've got a deal.

On 04/04/2016 at 0:36 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Mani has also said there is new music.

18 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Stick All I Want in the encore, and swap Losing My Edge for Drunk Girls, and you've got a deal.

i pity you your ears of cloth

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Mani has also said there is new music.

he also said the Roses wouldn't reform until city won the european cup ;) 

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Whyyyyyyyyy :(

LCD have never done a remotely 'bad' song but Losing My Edge comes closer than any of their others to just going over my head. Doesn't click with me, for some reason

Losing My Edge is a classic. You have to be a bit of a muso to really get it, but that shouldn't be a problem for anyone expressing their opinion on an LCD Soundsystem thread on this forum. 'Daft Punk...' is great too.