LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Care to place a wager on that?

What that they will or won't? There is definitely new music, am sure Ian Brown has even spoke to the media confirming it now.

I am past the will they/ won't they stage and I am intrigued to find out what a 2016 version of The Stone Roses will sound like. As long as they turn Reni and Mani up, while turning John Squire down then I don't think they can fail.

yeah I'm fairly certain that by the time the Roses do the 2016 shows they will have something out, whether it be just a single, a couple of tracks or an album. they can't just rock up and play self titled in its entirety + others again, although i doubt the vast majority of people attending the shows would be particularly arsed if they did

Edited by FloorFiller

and back on topic, earlier today i was watching a bunch of live Sigur Ros videos and naturally being blown away thinking 'if this awful clash happens, i think i'm gonna go with Sigur Ros' but now i've stuck on Shut Up and Play the Hits and the opening of All My Friends started and i'm done a total 180. fuck i hope this clash doesn't happen

15 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i'll bet you £1 that the Roses will not release or play any new music this summer.

(which pretty much guarantees that they will now, given my record on bets :) )

We can make it more interesting.  I bet £20 that they play at least one new song when you see them.

Whether it's any good or not is another proposition entirely!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

and back on topic, earlier today i was watching a bunch of live Sigur Ros videos and naturally being blown away thinking 'if this awful clash happens, i think i'm gonna go with Sigur Ros' but now i've stuck on Shut Up and Play the Hits and the opening of All My Friends started and i'm done a total 180. fuck i hope this clash doesn't happen

I'm in a similar position, although for Friday night LCD are always going to pip Sigur. The latter would be just perfect for an emotional Sunday - why did they have to play Dublin that night, why??

I love that when you click onto this thread you start on page 1 (naturally) and get all of the 'oh god they're playing a few festivals in America so maybe it could happen...' Optimism and now we know that it is!! Somewhere between then and now there must have been about 3 pages of unharnessed elation upon confirmation of the dream!

1 minute ago, DefLeppard said:

I love that when you click onto this thread you start on page 1 (naturally) and get all of the 'oh god they're playing a few festivals in America so maybe it could happen...' Optimism and now we know that it is!! Somewhere between then and now there must have been about 3 pages of unharnessed elation upon confirmation of the dream!

It was a bit more gradual than that if I remember rightly.  It just became more are more evident that they were doing it  There was no sudden moment of elation.

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I'm in a similar position, although for Friday night LCD are always going to pip Sigur. The latter would be just perfect for an emotional Sunday - why did they have to play Dublin that night, why??

yeah i think if it happens LCD is the definite winner, but i'll be upset about it right up until they come on stage. Sigur Ros would've made a fantastic Sunday closer, although I'm sure i would've broken down at some point during their set (hell, i'm sure i still will if i get to see them)

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was a bit more gradual than that if I remember rightly.  It just became more are more evident that they were doing it  There was no sudden moment of elation.

yeah even right up until the announcement there was still the looming doubt. imagine the uproar if they weren't on that lineup poster

i'm so glad they were listed above Disclosure on there or i would've seen Disclosure's name and thought 'fuck! they're headlining Other on the Friday! the Bastille thing was right!' and had a sudden moment of panic

Edited by FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

you've been around long enough easty to know that what the Roses say and what the Roses do are in no way related!

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We can make it more interesting.  I bet £20 that they play at least one new song when you see them.

Whether it's any good or not is another proposition entirely!

i'm not a gambler generally and i'm not risking £20!

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

you've been around long enough easty to know that what the Roses say and what the Roses do are in no way related!

i'm not a gambler generally and i'm not risking £20!

I know mate. Have been confident for a long time though that there was new music on way.

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ahh okay, I suppose that's the way a lot of the time on Efestivals. I'm just going to not read back and imagine that my way is what actually happened... Much more romantic!

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And that the NME are also renowned for talking out of their arses.

I dunno Scruff. The NME article said that Ian Brown confirmed new music was coming, and then I saw the video of Ian Brown confirming new music was coming, so I'm inclined to believe it.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Didn't watch the video, but even a stopped calendar is right twice a year. Or something.

(Never had you down as an NME apologist). 

All their news comes from other news outlets. People just don't use the other news outlets for their music news and use NME, and then complain that it's still going.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Didn't watch the video, but even a stopped calendar is right twice a year. Or something.

(Never had you down as an NME apologist). 

I've seen it. He was interviewed outside the recording studio where he said he was in the middle of recording new music.  As in, he was doing it that day as was just heading back in.

1 hour ago, cheekynick said:

Surely they wouldn't put LCD on at the same time as Underworld?

Only way they could get away with that would be if Underworld did the Glade..

i dont really see why they wouldn't. Unfortunately it would be a very glastonbury thing to do, i.e having about 4 great headliners on the friday and precious little the other nights.....

Friday is always the day with the most clashes whilst saturday and sunday at times can feel barren.

I want to see both acts but wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if they clash