LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Muse/LCD/Sigur clash will, who do you watch? Cards on the table 

Muse :P

I've seen Sigur Rós so they'd be my last choice. I only know like 5 LCD songs but I like them a lot and wanted to get fully into them and see them at Glasto.

Would have probably missed Muse for Kendrick if he'd been Friday Other.

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

Took me to see them live to finally get them.

you'll have an amazing time!

They're such a great band live it's hard to remember that James did a lot of the tracks by himself on the early records. Movement always surprises the hell out of a lot of people

2 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

With the predicted line-up thus far, it really is only LCD and the Bowie tribute that I'm getting particularly excited about. Please, put us out of our misery Eavii... announce them!

How how how how.

Edited by Wooderson
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

When is the new material out? I must admit my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat by the thought of hearing the same old songs again, and, admittedly, by having watched SUAPTH many times. 

A few new tunes available pre festival would work wonders. 

don't think he's given any indication of a release date - just that new material is in the works. having never seen them live i'm totally up for a 'greatest hits' set but can understand why others wouldn't. hopefully we'll get something new beforehand - Coachella in a month so maybe something before then?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

don't think he's given any indication of a release date - just that new material is in the works. having never seen them live i'm totally up for a 'greatest hits' set but can understand why others wouldn't. hopefully we'll get something new beforehand - Coachella in a month so maybe something before then?

Ah Coachella, of course. That would be an ideal time to get new stuff out I suspect. Fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

So people dislike every big stage at every festival?

I dislike the Other far more than the Pyramid

The wind swirling really is a big problem with the Other. It's pretty much a write off for reasonable sound if you're behind the line of the mixing desk. 

Plus when it shits down, the Other stage field really becomes one of the bleakest places on site. It could be a warzone

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, MikeJ86 said:

So people dislike every big stage at every festival?

it's just a bit of an atmosphere vacuum - feels like you've been transported to somewhere like Reading/Leeds, not helped by the fact that most of the acts who play on there are your typical Reading/Leeds main stage fodder. but saying all that, when an act gets it right it can be totally magnificent (Chemical Brothers last year are a good example, and i've heard nothing but good things about Portishead)

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it's just a bit of an atmosphere vacuum - feels like you've been transported to somewhere like Reading/Leeds, not helped by the fact that most of the acts who play on there are your typical Reading/Leeds main stage fodder. but saying all that, when an act gets it right it can be totally magnificent (Chemical Brothers last year are a good example, and i've heard nothing but good things about Portishead)

I thought thought Ben Howard, Jamie T and the Chemical Brothers were brilliant on the other stage last year. I can imagine if youre stood towards the back the sound wont be great but its never too full that you cant easily get towards the middle. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think the Other is the stage that feels most generic festival-y. I don't think it's a bad stage, just doesn't have the same personality as the others (pardon the pun).

This. 2015 was my first Glastonbury and even then it struck me with this 'meh' feeling, when compared to watching something on any of the other stages. Generic is the perfect word, right down to the usual bog standard festival stalls and large bar running down the side. Though by the time the Chems came on and darkness had fallen, it didn't seem to matter too much. Had some great moments there mind, Frank Turner especially on the Saturday morning.