LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

If they sub the Pyramid I'll probably go Lovebox as well. Want to see them in the dark with that headliner atmosphere - plus if they're subbing Radiohead as a lot of people are predicting then they'll be just a little overshadowed for me. Much as seeing my top two must-see bands in the world consecutively would be incredible, it might be a little too much.

15 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Generally I agree they won't play over 90 mins, but it definitely isn't enough to get lots of new and old in there :(

Especially as so many of their songs are over 6 mins

13/14 songs then? not bad really. 9/10 old 3/4 new? could live with that if they chose well

how about 12 songs, 3 from each album (i.e 3 from the new one and 3 each from self titled, SOS and TIH

Edited by Memory Man

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

They could do themselves and everyone else who sees them a favour by just never playing Drunk Girls, North American Scum and Daft Punk is Playing at My House ever again and instead playing more of their numerous good songs. 

Those three combined must add up to Freak Out /Starry Eyes.

Ahh come on, Daft Punk and in particular North American Scum are great.

Have you listened to the MSG version? It's going to be nuts when those notes get played out over the Other field. The prospect of that and Everything In Its Right Place are enough to send me crazy already. Two of the most goosebump inducing tracks in my library.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Have you listened to the MSG version? It's going to be nuts when those notes get played out over the Other field. The prospect of that and Everything In Its Right Place are enough to send me crazy already. Two of the most goosebump inducing tracks in my library.

The MSG version is fantastic, will be an incredible moment for sure

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

Ahh come on, Daft Punk and in particular North American Scum are great.

That's as maybe, but far from their best in what will inevitably be a shortened set. 

Plus everyone who has ever seen LCD will have heard those songs before. 

Perhaps a fan vote could be in order, like Queens of the Stone Age did,  though I accept that's wishful thinking. 

Edited by fatyeti24

I'm clearly an obsessive maniac of a fan, so not speaking without bias.

BUT

Is it really, completely, madly out of the question they could headline the Pyramid?

They are literally on top of the bill at nearly every major festival in Europe, Coachella and also Bonarooo

It would certainly look a progressive/interesting booking alongside Muse/Coldplay/Adele/Radiohead?

9 minutes ago, mini-macc said:

I'm clearly an obsessive maniac of a fan, so not speaking without bias.

BUT

Is it really, completely, madly out of the question they could headline the Pyramid?

They are literally on top of the bill at nearly every major festival in Europe, Coachella and also Bonarooo

It would certainly look a progressive/interesting booking alongside Muse/Coldplay/Adele/Radiohead?

Yes, pretty much.  If you look at the current headliners thread, people are arguing about Muse subbing, because they're only doing arena tours, not stadiums.  There are some very big acts seemingly in the running to play this year.  LCD just don't have the numbers, at least not at the moment.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes, pretty much.  If you look at the current headliners thread, people are arguing about Muse subbing, because they're only doing arena tours, not stadiums.  There are some very big acts seemingly in the running to play this year.  LCD just don't have the numbers, at least not at the moment.

My thought process

Hmmm people are making some good points about the LCD setlist being tight >>>>> What songs would I cut >>>> Yep, this 25 I have written down is too many >>>> 1.5 hours is stupid!! >>>>  Maybe if they headline the Pyramid they will get 1.45 hours, 2 more whole songs!!! >>>> Lets ask the group if its feasible >>>> Nope

2 minutes ago, mini-macc said:

My thought process

Hmmm people are making some good points about the LCD setlist being tight >>>>> What songs would I cut >>>> Yep, this 25 I have written down is too many >>>> 1.5 hours is stupid!! >>>>  Maybe if they headline the Pyramid they will get 1.45 hours, 2 more whole songs!!! >>>> Lets ask the group if its feasible >>>> Nope

As a huge fan too, I obviously think they'd make fantastic headliners. Sadly for the both of us, Glastonbury has painted itself into a corner regarding the Pyramid.

It's an enormous stage in an enormous field and the punters these days are expecting enormous headliners,  the kind that generally fill arenas regularly,  if not stadia. That's not presently LCD Soundsystem.

Stil, the Other Stage is not to be sniffed at these days, unless as James Murphy pointed out when they played in 2010, that "it smells of human poo" 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

As a huge fan too, I obviously think they'd make fantastic headliners. Sadly for the both of us, Glastonbury has painted itself into a corner regarding the Pyramid.

It's an enormous stage in an enormous field and the punters these days are expecting enormous headliners,  the kind that generally fill arenas regularly,  if not stadia. That's not presently LCD Soundsystem.

I'd be interested to see how Lovebox tickets are faring, I imagine it will sell out nearer the time, but I think they're probably less of a big deal in the UK than in the States. 

I think Lovebox will sell out at some point in July, will depend entirely on the main line up I guess, not sure how big a draw to they are to the demographic that typically go to Lovebox - and I say that a someone that has purchased a ticket for Lovebox just to see LCD Soundsystem.