LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

2 minutes ago, admscott said:

I thought they were said to be doing only a couple of UK festivals, is all. This and Lovebox would be 2. But I may be misremembering. 

the info was Glastonbury and a London fest, so either the info on Glasto was wrong or they're doing more festivals than originally thought

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm sure the Chems got about an hour and 15 minutes last year if my hazy memory serves me correctly 

I felt like I was dancing in that field for about 5 and a half hours. I had to go check and the timetable tells me 1.5 hours, christ I could have swore it was longer

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I felt like I was dancing in that field for about 5 and a half hours. I had to go check and the timetable tells me 1.5 hours, christ I could have swore it was longer

I thought they started a bit later than scheduled though? I may be wrong.

23 minutes ago, mini-macc said:

Hot Chip got a decent 1.5 on West Holts last year

So due to lazy comparisons between style of music, body of work and Al Doyle playing, I would hope for something similar. 

Another similarity; they'll both have played All My Friends at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mini-macc said:

Think we can all box this off as a 1.5 hour gig now.

Can we get the lads to update Clashfinder?

Let's not be hasty, we know it's at least that long, but we could be looking at longer. MSG is 3 hrs plus, so a mere 2.5 hours would not be unreasonable.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

no chance they play over 90 minutes at any festival. Maybe at their own gig. They are touring their arses off and won't want burnout, after all thats why they suspended the project in the first place! 90 is plenty to get new and old in there.

come autumn winter if they do their own gigs there will be the possibility of them pushing it out to 2 hours with more new songs

MSG was absolutely a complete and total one off and they will likely never play that long again ever. wasn't the idea to play every song they'd done up to that point pretty much?

Edited by Memory Man

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

no chance they play over 90 minutes at any festival. Maybe at their own gig. They are touring their arses off and won't want burnout, after all thats why they suspended the project in the first place! 90 is plenty to get new and old in there.

come autumn winter if they do their own gigs there will be the possibility of them pushing it out to 2 hours with more new songs

MSG was absolutely a complete and total one off and they will likely never play that long again ever. wasn't the idea to play every song they'd done up to that point pretty much?

This strongly conflicts with the 9 hour Despacio DJ set, followed by 3 Hour Other Stage headline set and then back to Despacio for another 3/4 hours I have penciled in my clashfinder?

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Generally I agree they won't play over 90 mins, but it definitely isn't enough to get lots of new and old in there :(

Especially as so many of their songs are over 6 mins

Edited by arcade fireman

45 minutes ago, mini-macc said:

This strongly conflicts with the 9 hour Despacio DJ set, followed by 3 Hour Other Stage headline set and then back to Despacio for another 3/4 hours I have penciled in my clashfinder?

I suppose we'll have to settle for a 2 hour set on the other then a 6 hour after in despacio 

• Upvote 2