LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

LCD *headlining* you say? ¡Ai Caramba!

"I miss the way the night comes, with friends who always make it feel good."

think he missed the word 'Other' in there

15 minutes ago, Divein said:

ive also heard the national are doing latitude but don't know how true that is. 

whilst Latitude haven't repeated a headliner yet, The National headlining Longitude and being the only headliner that would really be suitable makes them seem like a likely contender

2 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

How have we suddenly gone from the fear of the most beige line-up ever, to the prospect of LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead playing?

Are we all kidding ourselves, or is this really happening? AAAARGH, excited. Fearing crushing disappointment...

i predict soon the next line of 'prospecting' will be us figuring out if it's PJ Harvey or LCD Soundsystem subbing Radiohead on the Fri Pyramid (after ZZ Top have played), with all 4 playing at some point, somewhere, along w/ Wilco & New Order...gonna be a good year! 

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

That Wilco setlist last night Teva... 

(accidentally hit 'upvote' instead of 'quote'...didn't mean to, mind you)

Kidsmoke as an opening encore and then why not do a mini acoustic set....nice

seeing them at least once next week, most likely one of the Capitol Theatre NY shows (a famed and preferred Dead venue)

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I've tickets for Dublin in July and Brixton in Nov. Would be ace to see them at Mick's Farm in June.

Can't afford tickets for Brixton. PRAYING that they play the fest in some shape or form this year. Preferably Park headliners, playing against someone shite so I don't have to worry about clashes.

1 minute ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Can't afford tickets for Brixton. PRAYING that they play the fest in some shape or form this year. Preferably Park headliners, playing against someone shite so I don't have to worry about clashes.

They'd better play on the night that doesn't have LCD or Radiohead playing, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

So based on @eFestivals news New Order are headlining Saturday, BMTH (if they're also headliners) have to play Sunday because of their other commitments, meaning LCD (IF they're playing and IF they're headlining the Other) would have to be on Friday. 

Is that likely or is this an indication they could be subbing Pyramid? 

(I don't even want to consider the other alternative...) 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

So based on @eFestivals news New Order are headlining Saturday, BMTH (if they're also headliners) have to play Sunday because of their other commitments, meaning LCD (IF they're playing and IF they're headlining the Other) would have to be on Friday. 

Is that likely or is this an indication they could be subbing Pyramid? 

(I don't even want to consider the other alternative...) 

Other headliner seems like the obvious spot for them, but i wouldn't totally write them off subbing the Pyramid to the right act (could quite comfortably do it to either Muse or Radiohead)

basically what i'm saying is, if Muse are headlining, get LCD Soundsystem headlining Other opposite them. if Radiohead are headlining, get LCD Soundsystem subbing them. everybody wins

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Other headliner seems like the obvious spot for them, but i wouldn't totally write them off subbing the Pyramid to the right act (could quite comfortably do it to either Muse or Radiohead)

basically what i'm saying is, if Muse are headlining, get LCD Soundsystem headlining Other opposite them. if Radiohead are headlining, get LCD Soundsystem subbing them. everybody wins

I don't think there is any chance BMTH will be subbing the Pyramid. It'll be LCD, NO now obviously and either of The Prodigy or BMTH I think (the latter subbing is quite possible though).

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I have no issues whatsoever with that arrangement 

5 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I am really worried they will headline Bestival and skip Glastonbury :S I know they played Glastonbury before, but do they have much of an affinity for it?

They aren't doing Bestival

they are at Glastonbury, however I think they are subbing the pyramid - not the other stage.