LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

On 10 January 2016 at 8:10 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I've obsessed over The Long Goodbye and Shut Up And Play The Hits for the past few years, combed over every inch, feeling like my stupid past self did not make all efforts to soak in every single minute of the two LCD shows I saw when they were active. My main worry is that I could overhype this too much. I'm trying to psych myself up to expect ropey sound, some annoying posers in the crowd who stand with flags and don't dance, irritating incidents of people on shoulders in my eyeline. But really, what I'm hoping for is something like what happened with Hot Chip last year; a rare explosion of euphoria throughout the crowd for the duration of the set that just didn't let up for one second, an unmitigated success.

Totally agree. And I think the Hot Chip example is right; this could be special.

41 minutes ago, Homer said:

I know we're in a different country - but LCD Soundsystem, GnR and Calvin Harris is one of the strangest blends of headliners I can recall!

i like it! i mean, i couldn't give a shit about Calvin Harris, but those three together are a great mix. something for almost everybody

LCD is surely happening at this stage, I think we can be fairly confident. Seems they're hitting up all the biggest name festivals. Man, Radiohead and LCD are #1 and #2 respectively on my 'bands to see' list, I think if they both played nothing could ever top that weekend.

And then imagine if they clash, ehehehe

Fuck me that Primavera lineup is insane!  Going to ask for the time today and hopefully book tickets. Does it normally sell out? I imagine a lot of those bands will be at Glastonbury but for me there's no point hanging around and hoping for a ticket if I can see Radiohead and LCD at Primavera. Plus I've always wanted to go. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fuck me that Primavera lineup is insane!  Going to ask for the time today and hopefully book tickets. Does it normally sell out? I imagine a lot of those bands will be at Glastonbury but for me there's no point hanging around and hoping for a ticket if I can see Radiohead and LCD at Primavera. Plus I've always wanted to go. 

I'm seriously thinking about doing the same. Has anybody been before? What's the festival itself like? 

I went to Nos Primavera Sound in Porto last year and loved it to death so hope it's similar..

Edited by Jimmyeatspeople

2 hours ago, Jimmyeatspeople said:

I'm seriously thinking about doing the same. Has anybody been before? What's the festival itself like? 

I went to Nos Primavera Sound in Porto last year and loved it to death so hope it's similar..

Cannot get a break this year. Not allowed the time off.

Back to the drawing board :(

After that Primavera lineup a few years ago that had Nine Inch Nails, Arcade Fire and the National etc, I've really wanted to go, already planning to go to Barcelona for my birthday so might just move the trip by a few weeks and go to Primavera while I'm at it as long as the misses is alright with that!

Just now, siweltrebor said:

After that Primavera lineup a few years ago that had Nine Inch Nails, Arcade Fire and the National etc, I've really wanted to go, already planning to go to Barcelona for my birthday so might just move the trip by a few weeks and go to Primavera while I'm at it as long as the misses is alright with that!

the lineup that year was insane. so gutted i didn't go

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Not a personal anecdote, but my mate went a few years ago and while she loved the bands she saw, she said the audience was generally pretty quiet and boring. Not much atmosphere for anything. Also it's a bit of an odd location, very concretey and no camping.

Sounds like Benecassim, except there you camp in an Apocalypse Now / Vietnam War themed orange grove shanty town.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And come 7am it's hotter than the surface of Mercury.

We cooled down in deckchairs in the garden furniture display of a lovely A/C cooled supermarket. Surprisingly the staff didn't mind as we were obligingly purchasing most of the booze isle on a daily basis.

I did accidentally tread on a sleeping girl's head at the Day 5 Beach Party though. Her fault.

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Sounds like Benecassim, except there you camp in an Apocalypse Now / Vietnam War themed orange grove shanty town.

I've been to Beni and I think that's worse.. Primavera has bored London hipsters, whereas Benicassim has pissed-up lads who have graduated from V fest.

3 hours ago, evilduck said:

I've been to Beni and I think that's worse.. Primavera has bored London hipsters, whereas Benicassim has pissed-up lads who have graduated from V fest.

We went about 10 years ago and it was fucking insane. We got in with the spanish travellers, went to their camps for raves etc . They were dealing all sorts of stuff, a lot of shit to be honest but the stuff we had was up there .

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Biggest obstacle to many of these sorts of reformations is the "festival exclusive" offering loads of money which Glasto won't. 

That said, hopefully they'd realise the knock on effect of their show being on the BBC...

Well Lovebox tweeting today about it specifically being a London exclusivity deal is a very good sign.