LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

14 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

Means sweet feck all I imagine, but here's some new music.

Merry Christmas all at eFests.

I'm also liking Radiohead's theme sone for the Spectre Bond film they've tweeted today.

Probably means feck all but lets have Radiohead and LCD at Glastonbury next year.

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Ziggy is strong with this one alright. I'd say it's just as much Five Years as Rock'n'Rolk Suicide.

Yeah, I think I was actually thinking of Five Years, but was soused when typed. LCD have already done their Rock N Roll Suicide, which is New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah, I think I was actually thinking of Five Years, but was soused when typed. LCD have already done their Rock N Roll Suicide, which is New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down.

It does have a touch of Rock'n'Roll Suicide too. Isn't there a line similar to the "give me your hand, because you're wonderful" in it near the end?

It is beginning to look like it's going to happen, doesn't it? Despite the fact that this is possibly my favourite band of all time, I do think it's a bit soon after their very deliberate ending. Isn't it only last year that they released an opulent three LP box set of their final gig, "The Long Goodbye: The Very Loud Ending Of LCD Soundsystem"? A bit silly to go massively out of their way to publicise it as being never ever again, only to return in a shorter time than a lot of bands have been known to leave between albums.

Yeah its an odd reunion if it does end up happening, but fuck it, he isn't getting any younger and as somebody who missed them first time round I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to make up for that. Hopefully if it does happen it doesn't disappoint - guess one of the benefits of the reunion being so soon is that you can almost guarantee the spark will still be there

38 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It is beginning to look like it's going to happen, doesn't it? Despite the fact that this is possibly my favourite band of all time, I do think it's a bit soon after their very deliberate ending. Isn't it only last year that they released an opulent three LP box set of their final gig, "The Long Goodbye: The Very Loud Ending Of LCD Soundsystem"? A bit silly to go massively out of their way to publicise it as being never ever again, only to return in a shorter time than a lot of bands have been known to leave between albums.

Well perhaps he misses it more than he thought he would? Or they've ran out of ways to keep repackaging the final gig to put money in the DFA kitty? Either way, I think we all questioned it for a moment or two and then gave in to the excitement of them coming back.

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

same thing Nine Inch Nails did. I think that lots of bands/management see the press, money and bigger venues/higher festival slots that reuniting bands get and all of a sudden what would have just been just a break or hiatus becomes a split or retirement and then "reunion".

For the record I don't necessarily think that's the case here but it's hard to not be sceptical when any act announces a "last ever show" or a retirement from music...ffs Motley Crew had to write up a contract just so people would believe them.

Yup the first one I listened to was This Is Happening and I didn't really get into them until I listened to Sound of Silver. Not to say it's not a good album but the sophomore record is a #worldie.

But there's only three studio albums so it's not the most arduous task to introduce yourself to them and make your own mind up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

North American Scum is my favourite track they've done, it's amazing, the whole album is flawless 

Someone Great for me, but yeah, stuck that album on for the first time in a while the other day and forgot just how bloody good it is. i hope this happens, and specifically at Glastonbury. would make my year

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

North American Scum is my favourite track they've done, it's amazing, the whole album is flawless 

That's interesting. It's easily one of my least favorites. That, Daft Punk and Drunk Girls. They sound so out of place on the albums to me, as if the record company said "ok fill the album with nine minute space disco jams, but at least give us something that's 4 minutes and guitarry for the radio"

For my ears 45.33 is their finest work. It's perfect. 

54 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

That's interesting. It's easily one of my least favorites. That, Daft Punk and Drunk Girls. They sound so out of place on the albums to me, as if the record company said "ok fill the album with nine minute space disco jams, but at least give us something that's 4 minutes and guitarry for the radio"

Spot on with that.

8 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Never really listened to them but I like that Christmas song. Where should I start with them? I think I only know Daft Punk is Playing at My House.

Actually I think I listened to All My Friends after seeing it mentioned in here but I didn't recognise it.  

They only have 3 albums, you lazy hemorrhoid. Each of them is pretty near flawless. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

but then that album has Pow Pow on it which is easily one of LCD's weakest moments

Don't talk to me anymore.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

come on - it's a bit shite

Nah it meanders a bit but it's certainly a few levels above Drunk Girls. I doubt even James likes that one, it's just absolutely pointless and not to mention brings you right down after you've just been on a journey with Dance Yrself Clean. Updating White Light/White Heat with lyrics about how Drunk Girls/Drunk Boys act is such a terrible idea that I'm surprised Rivers Cuomo didn't think of it first.

North American Scum is tolerable and the best of the three by far because it's less annoying and actually tells somewhat of a story but it still has the similar driving melody-chanted chorus formula that I couldn't give fux about. Certainly couldn't agree that any of them are 'great'.