LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

I don't know if I could handle it. They are probably my favourite band; to see them live would be spectacularly special. My day would just become LCD day. I'm also not sure if I want them to get back together. That last show was pretty amazing and they went out well. But then seeing them outweighs that. I'm very torn on the matter. I probably hold them in too high esteem; and I'd be worried that seeing them live at a festival wouldn't be as good as I imagine.

But I don't think it'll happen.

Just listened to the Long Goodbye in full at work and have now decided that this is definitely happening.

I wont be swayed on that until 9.30 on Friday the 24th of June when someone else turns up on the West Holts Stage.

Believe

Now you've made me think I should spend my Friday evening watching all of Shut Up And Play The Hits.

There are worse things to do of a Friday.

• Upvote 2

Further to my post above, I really really want the chance to see LCD Soundsystem. They were part of my transition from a rock-only guy, to discovering the beauty of the wide world of musical variety, which happened to be at the same time I was gaining great new friends a stronger self esteem. All My Friends in particular gives residual feelings of this great time.

:-:-: STORY TIME! :-:-:

I got a VERY late place to volunteer at this year's Glastonbury. I didn't care what shifts I had as long as I was free for Hot Chip. I'd just been getting into them in a major way, watching a load of live videos and loving it. I'd noticed when they were covering Dancing In The Dark, Al Doyle had been using the same bassline as All My Friends! Made me smile to myself.

Anyway, after partying very hard on Thursday and working very hard on Friday, I was feeling incredibly strange indeed, and not in a good way. Wandering around the festival, unable to contact my pals, I felt peculiarly alone in a place that defines togetherness. Nevertheless, I dragged my broken body to West Holts, and as soon as the sample that begins Huarache Lights came on, positivity started permeating through my body again. I realised everything was going to be okay. Around the same time, an awesome group of people saw I wasn't quite right, and decided to make me feel a million dollars, singing with me, buying me drinks, it was tremendous! I can't thank them enough. Then at the end, I'm enjoying Dancing In The Dark with a massive smile on my face, when Al Doyle adds that extra little bit from All My Friends! Not just the bass bit, words and everything! It's perfect. It's too much. Suddenly I feel 10,000 emotions at once. I'm thrilled, I'm utterly drained, I'm nostalgic for moments that have never even happened, I'm so alive, I'm longing for everyone to be here, I'm this, I'm that. Tears are streaming down my face. The other group has dispersed as the band leave the stage, but others quickly ask if I'm okay. They are also awesome, saying things I needed to hear, giving hugs I needed to receive. 

:-:-:  :-:-:

I feel like I gazed into the heart of Glastonbury that night. We are forever a part of each other. Aiming to have a core group of 8 of us there in 2016, only 2 of which will have been before. The idea of being with them in that Other Stage field for LCD Soundsystem is so tantalising. Just need tickets now.

Edited by Simpo
  • Upvote 4

Further to my post above, I really really want the chance to see LCD Soundsystem. They were part of my transition from a rock-only guy, to discovering the beauty of the wide world of musical variety, which happened to be at the same time I was gaining great new friends a stronger self esteem. All My Friends in particular gives residual feelings of this great time.

I got a VERY late place to volunteer at this year's Glastonbury. I didn't care what shifts I had as long as I was free for Hot Chip. I'd just been getting into them in a major way, watching a load of live videos and loving it. I'd noticed when they were covering Dancing In The Dark, Al Doyle had been using the same bassline as All My Friends! Made me smile to myself.

Anyway, after partying very hard on Thursday and working very hard on Friday, I was feeling incredibly strange indeed, and not in a good way. Wandering around the festival, unable to contact my pals, I felt peculiarly alone in a place that defines togetherness. Nevertheless, I dragged my broken body to West Holts, and as soon as the sample that begins Huarache Lights came on, positivity started permeating through my body again. I realised everything was going to be okay. Around the same time, an awesome group of people saw I wasn't quite right, and decided to make me feel a million dollars, singing with me, buying me drinks, it was tremendous! I can't thank them enough. Then at the end, I'm enjoying Dancing In The Dark with a massive smile on my face, when Al Doyle adds that extra little bit from All My Friends! Not just the bass bit, words and everything! It's perfect. It's too much. Suddenly I feel 10,000 emotions at once. I'm thrilled, I'm utterly drained, I'm nostalgic for moments that have never even happened, I'm so alive, I'm longing for everyone to be here, I'm this, I'm that. Tears are streaming down my face. The other group has dispersed as the band leave the stage, but others quickly ask if I'm okay. They are also awesome, saying things I needed to hear, giving hugs I needed to receive.

:-:-: :-:-:

I feel like I gazed into the heart of Glastonbury that night. We are forever a part of each other. Aiming to have a core group of 8 of us there in 2016, only 2 of which will have been before. The idea of being with them in that Other Stage field for LCD Soundsystem is so tantalising. Just need tickets now.

All we need now is for Al Doyle to play with them and drop into Dancing In The Dark at the end of All Our Friends.

:-:-: :-:-:

Amazing story. Really hope you get tickets :)

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Means sweet feck all I imagine, but here's some new music.

Merry Christmas all at eFests.

what a lovely way to ring in Christmas. and even though it may not be a confirmation or point towards a reunion at all, it at least suggests that LCD still plays on his mind, even if it is just a way of releasing this song that's been in his head for years