Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

PJ is such a hard one to place. Has she got the profile still? Doesn't play often so would be a coup, but can't see her anywhere but subbing Other.

I'd say she's about the same sized profile as Suede so could see her headlining the JP. Would be nice alternative on Friday night if they had the Foos on the Pyramid and some EDM nonsense on the Other.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday

Pyramid - Foo Fighters, NGHFB, Bastille

Other - Disclosure, Hurts

JP - New Order

Saturday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Emile Sande , Ellie Goulding

Other - Faithless, Royal Blood

JP - The 1975

Sunday

Pyramid - Adele, Foals, Kaiser Chiefs, Barry Manilow

Other - Prodigy, Haim

JP - Bloc Party

Yeah looks very very wrong.

Friday

Pyramid - Foo Fighters, NGHFB, Bastille

Other - Disclosure, Hurts

JP - New Order

Saturday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Emile Sande , Ellie Goulding

Other - Faithless, Royal Blood

JP - The 1975

Sunday

Pyramid - Adele, Foals, Kaiser Chiefs, Barry Manilow

Other - Prodigy, Haim

JP - Bloc Party

Yeah looks very very wrong.

Hurts aren't really big enough for that slot or Haim. I'm not so sure Kaiser's would get 3rd Pyramid, rather see them 4th, and I can't see Ellie taking the same slot pretty much after another arena tour, that top 3 Saturday doesn't look right. Don't see Coldplay or Adele doing it.

Oh how the worm has turned

I love that second Vaccines album, but look at their drop from Pyramid 2013, when they looked like worldbeaters to mid-ranking Other this year. Their booking clout and popularity plummeted off the back of a poor album. Just saying i can see the same thing with Hurts.

I love that second Vaccines album, but look at their drop from Pyramid 2013, when they looked like worldbeaters to mid-ranking Other this year. Their booking clout and popularity plummeted off the back of a poor album. Just saying i can see the same thing with Hurts.

The Vaccines in 12 on the Pyramid was shite as well. Show wise wasn't great and it felt way too big a stage for them. Thought they were just 1 album wonders myself.

The Vaccines in 12 on the Pyramid was shite as well. Show wise wasn't great and it felt way too big a stage for them. Thought they were just 1 album wonders myself.

Loved that Vaccines set, however I was well on the way to being completely hammered. Can't even remember the Arctic Monkeys which I was very disappointed about

Hurts aren't really big enough for that slot or Haim. I'm not so sure Kaiser's would get 3rd Pyramid, rather see them 4th, and I can't see Ellie taking the same slot pretty much after another arena tour, that top 3 Saturday doesn't look right. Don't see Coldplay or Adele doing it.

Think Kaisers could get that slot, agree the Saturday doesn't look right though, my train was just pulling in so threw Sande in there.

I predicted Coldplay and Adele a while back so will stick with them for now until there are more rumours about. Just don't know who is about, Muse I suppose but them and the Foos.... Can't see it.

Think Kaisers could get that slot, agree the Saturday doesn't look right though, my train was just pulling in so threw Sande in there.

I predicted Coldplay and Adele a while back so will stick with them for now until there are more rumours about. Just don't know who is about, Muse I suppose but them and the Foos.... Can't see it.

Like Floorfiller, there isn't anyone I'm more sure about not playing this year than Muse, although it'd give me a free night if they did. Coldplay would possibly too as well, their new track was awful. I'll keep FM for now, not sure who else. FF and The Prodigy would do me then a night up Arcadia. I'd like to see New Order but I know they'll clash unless they get Other sub and it's not Foo's night which it will be lol.

fucking hell i hope it's not Coldplay. they seem like such an obvious logical headliner choice, and i don't even particularly dislike them, but for christ sake just somebody, anybody else

Coldplay would be the worst booking imaginable. They have done it 3 times and to book them again would be lazy.

As much as I dislike Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Rihanna and the like, they have never headlined and are certainly big enough.

Coldplay should be bottom of the pile.

Coldplay would be the worst booking imaginable. They have done it 3 times and to book them again would be lazy.

As much as I dislike Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Rihanna and the like, they have never headlined and are certainly big enough.

my thoughts exactly. i'd happily take an act i actively despise at the top of the bill who hasn't done it before rather than one from the Eavis speed dial

I really don't think it matters to much tbh, obviously you don't want to get in a rut where its Kasabian every other like V/T did at one point...but at the same time if a band that loves the festival can't come back after 2/3 albums because they've headlined before, its a bit crap to exclude them to.

Its a dull, safe booking for sure, but in some ways the festival kind needs that one headliner every year that is on the safe side. (If say they booked Muse/Coldplay/Kasabian together for say next year again, then i think we could moan about it :P)

fucking hell i hope it's not Coldplay. they seem like such an obvious logical headliner choice, and i don't even particularly dislike them, but for christ sake just somebody, anybody else

Adele would be the coup, FF would to an extent as it's been so long but Coldplay would just be a simple booking that says we sell out anyway easily so lets not bother trying. I think there is a lot more chance of FF doing that double fest thing than Coldplay at Glasto.

Adele, Coldplay and either Muse or Foo Fighters = one of the safest line-ups imaginable. Personally hoping that Coldplay is just horrible speculation, and Eavis has secretly got the likes of Radiohead on the cards. I'd wish for Bowie again, but I think I'll just have to live with my glorious (though hazy) memories from 2000.

Will? Nothing has been announced. We have a SR at best for the Foos. I think it's a little early in the game to write off the Pyramid.

Very true and I was probably being a little OTT. Should have caveated it by saying "if those headliner rumours are true ..." To be honest I rarely go the Pyramid anymore these days anyway.