Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Radiohead, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Ryan Adams 1989 set, Lianne La Havas, 
Other: Disclosure, Royal Blood, Brand New, Editors, Wolf Alice, Slaves, TBA
JP: James Blake, Grimes, Swim Deep, Savages
Park: Beirut, Joanna Newsom, 
WH: Earth Wind & Fire, Raekwon & Ghostface Killah, Omar Souleyman

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Coldplay, Faithless, The Dead Weather, Miley Cyrus, 
Other: LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, The 1975, Metronomy, Django Django
JP: The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Horrors, Years & Years, Battles
Park: Beach House, Guy Garvey, Julia Holter
WH: Lana Del Rey, Big Grams, Bad Bad Not Good

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Adele, New Order, PJ Harvey, Barry Manilow,
Other: Foals, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Hurts
JP: Haim, Chvrches, Deerhunter, SEXWITCH
Park: John Grant, Daughter
WH: Missy Elliott, Damian Marley

Assuming you meant 'aren't' - that's where they'd have performed this year. Why would they rush out an album to play festivals next summer in the same position they could have done across the board this year? At least if they took some time (only less than a year) off, people would expect them to come back on a higher level.

I did indeed, walking and typing doesn't work for me.

Out of interest, do people think Wolf Alice will appear next year?

Edited by sisco

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/10/lcd-soundsystem-will-reunite-in-2016/

"As we hear it, the band will headline at least three high-profile music festivals in the US and UK, with an official announcement expected soon." Exciting stuff.

I am very surprised, but happy!

i don't think they have left it long enough  since "the end" for some people to believe it to be sincere, which is a shame.

if and when they do play i think it will be sparse and selective. and not at worthy farm.

I am very surprised, but happy!

i don't think they have left it long enough  since "the end" for some people to believe it to be sincere, which is a shame.

if and when they do play i think it will be sparse and selective. and not at worthy farm.

seem to be equal amounts of reports saying they're both reforming and not, so you may still be right about there not being a chance of it happening. if all of these rumours hadn't popped up i would've definitely said it's far too early

Nah I reckon if Bloc Party do it, they will headline John Peel (like Franz (admittedly with the shitty sparks songs) /Kaisers did)

Despite the awful showing from their new record, I still think that Bloc Party headlining JP would be absolutely fucking packing, and with the right balance of old popular material would be a great show

Nah I reckon if Bloc Party do it, they will headline John Peel (like Franz (admittedly with the shitty sparks songs) /Kaisers did)

I imagine they will, Glasto could be very good for them. I think JP would be too packed for them, there is still a following there and their last own venue gig was Earls Court. Still got a sub spot at IOW and headed Latitude. 3rd down Other at the lowest as some of their songs need a little dim light to work properly, although I think they would work well under Disclosure or if New Order headline Other which I don't see then that's a given.

Edited by thewayiam