Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or not reform and not play anywhere.

I truly believe James is done with LCD and they won't play again.

you're probably right, and it definitely doesn't feel like it's been long enough for him to change his mind about breaking up the band. guess we shall see in the coming months! pretty sure the guy who announced it also said the Coachella headliners were LCD Soundsystem, Calvin Harris and original lineup Guns 'N Roses, and it feels far too early for Guns 'N Roses to be active

FRIDAY
Py: Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Kaiser Chiefs, ZZ Top, The Roots, Charli XCX
OS: Disclosure, Chvrches, The War on Drugs, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, Slaves
JP: Primal Scream, Editors, Public Service Broadcasting
Pa: Grimes, Beach House, British Sea Power
WH: Earth Wind & Fire, Jungle

SATURDAY
Py: Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Emeli Sandé, Jean Michael Jarre, John Grant, Vintage Trouble
OS: New Order, Bastille, Metronomy, Jess Glynne, Django Django, Circa Waves
JP: James Blake, The Horrors, Mastodon
Pa: Wilco, Guy Garvey, Sleaford Mods
WH: Justice, Die Antwoord

SUNDAY
Py: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Barry Manilow, Years & Years, Calexico
OS: The Prodigy, James Bay, Bloc Party, Hurts, Courtney Barnett, Daughter
JP: Haim, Kodaline, Young Fathers
Pa: Joanna Newsom, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Savages
WH: Grace Jones, Damian Marley

FRIDAY

Py: Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Kaiser Chiefs, ZZ Top, The Roots, Charli XCX

SATURDAY

Py: Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Emeli Sandé, Jean Michael Jarre, John Grant, Vintage Trouble

SUNDAY

Py: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Barry Manilow, Years & Years, Calexico

Years & Years then that top 3 Other Stage is glorious.

I think you meant to put your Saturday prediction in the V Fest lineup forum though.

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Would be possibly an all time low for the pyramid stage aside from Kendrick and Tame Impala. Rest of the stages would redeem it a little though.

It's all gone a bit V Festival with these predictions! Adele, Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Kaiser Chiefs, Rihanna, Emeli Sandé, Coldplay, Ellie Goulding would all be considered an amazing V Festival lineup but surely all these topping the bill at Glasto? I know it's not about the Pyramid headliners but I'm expecting something a bit more leftfield and out of the blue

I'm normally terrible at these after me slating other people's as well! Just had a little dabble at it, mixture of hope, research and other people's on here.  

Friday

Pyramid – Foo Fighters, Foals, Royal Blood,

Other – New Order, Bastille, Years & Years, Hurts

West Holts – Earth Wind & Fire,

The Park – John Grant, Kurt Vile,

John Peel – Tame Impala,

Saturday

Pyramid – Radiohead, Beck, Stereophonics,

Other – Disclosure,

West Holts – Grace Jones, Roots Manuva,

The Park – Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Four Tet,

John Peel – Jesus & Mary Chain,

Sunday

Pyramid – Prince, Chic, Duran Duran, Barry Manilow,   

Other – The Prodigy,  

West Holts – Happy Mondays,

The Park – Wilco, Grizzly Bear,

John Peel – The Horrors, Editors,

I'm normally terrible at these after me slating other people's as well! Just had a little dabble at it, mixture of hope, research and other people's on here.

Friday

Pyramid – Foo Fighters, Foals, Royal Blood,

Other – New Order, Bastille, Years & Years, Hurts

West Holts – Earth Wind & Fire,

The Park – John Grant, Kurt Vile,

John Peel – Tame Impala,

Saturday

Pyramid – Radiohead, Beck, Stereophonics,

Other – Disclosure,

West Holts – Grace Jones, Roots Manuva,

The Park – Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Four Tet,

John Peel – Jesus & Mary Chain,

Sunday

Pyramid – Prince, Chic, Duran Duran, Barry Manilow,

Other – The Prodigy,

West Holts – Happy Mondays,

The Park – Wilco, Grizzly Bear,

John Peel – The Horrors, Editors,

First person I've heard mention stereophonics and definitely think/hope they play!' I'd probably swap chic and Duran Duran around they if Duran Duran play think they would sub!

they probably will - they need to maintain the hype they've built up, and i can imagine having a year away would diminish that

I'd disagree. I think they've already been overexposed so another festival run next summer would probably even fail to interest their fans. I read that they're finishing this year off then working on album two, which probably won't take that long but they could do with a summer off to give people a rest and possibly headline festivals when they get back into action the year after.

I'd disagree. I think they've already been overexposed so another festival run next summer would probably even fail to interest their fans. I read that they're finishing this year off then working on album two, which probably won't take that long but they could do with a summer off to give people a rest and possibly headline festivals when they get back into action the year after.

Disagree. They have deliberately not overdone their own touring. Only 1 Brixton Academy show in London for example. They could have done that venue for multiple nights but chose not to. Touring has been fairly light this summer too - only R&L and the Foos shows in the UK.

They shouldn't take too long off. 

Disagree. They have deliberately not overdone their own touring. Only 1 Brixton Academy show in London for example. They could have done that venue for multiple nights but chose not to. Touring has been fairly light this summer too - only R&L and the Foos shows in the UK.

They shouldn't take too long off. 

Haven't they played a couple of new songs at those shows too? 

Release one of those new songs as a single as they announce a new album next March/April and that'll see them through the next 2 Summers touring wise. 

Edited by Andy0808 v5

Yep agreed, didn't hardly play any festivals in the UK at all. Be amazed if Royal Blood are a sub on the other stage myself

Assuming you meant 'aren't' - that's where they'd have performed this year. Why would they rush out an album to play festivals next summer in the same position they could have done across the board this year? At least if they took some time (only less than a year) off, people would expect them to come back on a higher level.

Assuming you meant 'aren't' - that's where they'd have performed this year. Why would they rush out an album to play festivals next summer in the same position they could have done across the board this year? At least if they took some time (only less than a year) off, people would expect them to come back on a higher level.

Not necessarily, you can only base them playing Other sub off the fact they played R&L 3rd down but they probably only got that high because it was a exclusive deal and it was worth it to take that.

or not reform and not play anywhere.

I truly believe James is done with LCD and they won't play again.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/10/lcd-soundsystem-will-reunite-in-2016/

"As we hear it, the band will headline at least three high-profile music festivals in the US and UK, with an official announcement expected soon." Exciting stuff.

Edited by dentalplan