Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Sigur Ros are Friday night's JP headliners, given most of us were expecting them to be on The Park, any ideas for who'll be on the Park then?

Provided LCD are Sunday I'm likely to be at Sigur Ros but my desire to see a Park headline set over the weekend could sway me if the right act were announced.

25 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

So Sigur Ros are Friday night's JP headliners, given most of us were expecting them to be on The Park, any ideas for who'll be on the Park then?

Provided LCD are Sunday I'm likely to be at Sigur Ros but my desire to see a Park headline set over the weekend could sway me if the right act were announced.

Muse, Adele, Coldplay 

LCD, New Order, Disclosure 

Sigur Ros, M83, BMTH 

Underworld, James Blake, EW&F 

Richard Hawley, Bowie Orchestra thing, Bat For Lashes 

Would be my current guess 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Muse, Adele, Coldplay 

Sigur Ros, M83, BMTH 

you've put LCD and Disclosure in the wrong order ;) 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

you've put LCD and Disclosure in the wrong order ;) 

You can blame that on my driving desire to boogie on down to EW&F to end my festival. I've always thought LCD would be Friday, so I've got to stick with it

I think that almost confirm Catfish 3rd down Other. BMTH defo knew they were up against Coldplay and with them 3 Other headers, subs and Other Friday what we know then Sunday looking realistic. 

Still think TDCC will play 3rd about The Lumineers though, move Y&Y to Sunday and that'a perfect.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think that almost confirm Catfish 3rd down Other. BMTH defo knew they were up against Coldplay and with them 3 Other headers, subs and Other Friday what we know then Sunday looking realistic. 

Still think TDCC will play 3rd about The Lumineers though, move Y&Y to Sunday and that'a perfect.

Lumineers played third down the last time they played and certainly haven't gotten any smaller so i don't see them dropping down. EDIT: scratch that, no they didn't - no idea where i got that from! guess fourth wouldn't be too outrageous, but i still think they'll be third, especially above TDCC. no idea where Y&Y are gonna fit in now - expected them high Other but it seems rather packed. possibly on the Pyramid?

Edited by FloorFiller

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lumineers played third down the last time they played and certainly haven't gotten any smaller so i don't see them dropping down. EDIT: scratch that, no they didn't - no idea where i got that from! guess fourth wouldn't be too outrageous, but i still think they'll be third, especially above TDCC. no idea where Y&Y are gonna fit in now - expected them high Other but it seems rather packed. possibly on the Pyramid?

See I was working on Lumineers played The Other 2 years ago, since then they have gained more fans, new album dropped (awesome by the way) they'd get an upgrade to Pyramid or headline the Park that would be cool might be too big though for the Park.

Just now, emmett milbarge said:

See I was working on Lumineers played The Other 2 years ago, since then they have gained more fans, new album dropped (awesome by the way) they'd get an upgrade to Pyramid or headline the Park that would be cool might be too big though for the Park.

they've confirmed themselves for playing on the Other Stage in 'the sunset slot' (whatever that means), so you'd assume subbing or third down

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

they said Sunday in the interview but are down as Friday on their tour dates and Barcelona on the Sunday so we're assuming they got it wrong and are playing the Friday

hmmm and that episode is not on bbc iplayer either, their website has them down for Friday, guess we gotta wait to clarify stage.

1 minute ago, emmett milbarge said:

hmmm and that episode is not on bbc iplayer either, their website has them down for Friday, guess we gotta wait to clarify stage.

what with them not being a good fit for the Park, the John Peel headliner being taken and the top of the Pyramid already seeming quite full i think we can assume it'll be Other, and third down seems about right

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Muse, Adele, Coldplay 

Sigur Ros, M83, BMTH 

Ill definitely watch New Order from that list. I'd like to see Sigur Ros, but Im the only 1 of my mates who want to. With Carl Cox about and that Prince disco in the SE corner - I doubt Ill see them.

Otherwise nothing else appeals there at all. Which is a disappointment

(Bowie thing does, but it clashes with NO)

7 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Muse, Adele, Coldplay 

Sigur Ros, M83, BMTH 

That really is a great selection when you see it all together.

I'd definitely want to see Muse, LCD Soundsystem, Sigur Rós, M83, James Blake, Richard Hawley and Bat For Lashes, and would happily watch New Order, Underworld, EWF and probably the Bowie thing. Then on top of that you have the biggest act in the world headlining, probably the biggest contemporary band in the world headlining, an R&L headliner on the Other Stage and BMTH offering something and being a huge booking for JP.

Can't fault it at all other than the lack of imagination/originality of the Muse and Coldplay bookings.

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Craig Charles on FB has confirmed friday 1pm Friday on the hell stage.

His 2014 set in the sun was legendary

And 5pm Sunday at Arcadia

That 1pm Hell Stage slot will be fantastic, I'm really looking forward to that

FRIDAY
PY: 
Muse, Foals, ZZ Top, Two Door Cinema Club, Skepta, Wolf Alice, Ezra Furman, Syrian National Orchestra
OT: Disclosure, Bastille, Catfish & the Bottlemen, The Lumineers, Jack Garratt, Daughter, Blossoms, The Coral, James
WH: Underworld, Rokia Traore, BadBadNotGood, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Bixiga 70
JP: Sigur Ros, Of Monsters & Men, Band of Skulls, Elle King, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Swim Deep, Dua Lipa, Nothing But Thieves, Sundara Karma, YAK
PA: Richard Hawley, Savages, Ronnie Spector, SOAK, Field Music, NAO, Gwenno, Declan McKenna

SATURDAY
PY: 
Adele, Special Guests, The Last Shadow Puppets, Madness, Jess Glynne, John Grant, Roots Manuva
OT: New Order, Chvrches, The 1975, Richard Ashcroft, Travis, Tom Odell, Frightened Rabbit, The Joy Formidable
WH: James Blake, Floating Points, Baaba Maal, Ernest Ranglin, Mbongwana Star, Leon Bridges, Mura Masa
JP: M83, Fatboy Slim, Santigold, MØ, AlunaGeorge, Lapsley, Izzy Bizu, Pretty Vicious, Clean Cut Kid, The Japanese House, High Tyde
PA: Charles Hazelwood & the Paraorchestra, Explosions in the Sky, Kurt Vile, Mercury Rev, Jagwar Ma, Toy, C Duncan, Sunflower Bean, Holly MacVe

SUNDAY
PY: 
Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Beck, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Laura Mvula, Gregory Porter, The Strypes, Burnham & Highbridge Band
OT: LCD Soundsystem, Bring Me the Horizon, PJ Harvey, Years & Years, Band of Horses, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Newton Faulkner
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Roisin Murphy, Miguel, Kamasi Washington, Quantic, Human Pyramids
JP: Jake Bugg, Grimes, Mystery Jets, Vince Staples, Half Moon Run, Rat Boy, Spring King, DMA's, Tired Lion, She Drew the Gun
PA: Bat for Lashes, Guy Garvey, Mac DeMarco, St Ettiene, Kwabs, Hinds, NZCA Lines

FRIDAY
PY: 
Muse, Foals, ZZ Top, Two Door Cinema Club, Skepta, Wolf Alice, Ezra Furman, Syrian National Orchestra
OT: Disclosure, Bastille, Catfish & the Bottlemen, The Lumineers, Jack Garratt, Daughter, Blossoms, The Coral, James
WH: Underworld, Rokia Traore, BadBadNotGood, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Bixiga 70
JP: Sigur Ros, Of Monsters & Men, Band of Skulls, Elle King, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Swim Deep, Dua Lipa, Nothing But Thieves, Sundara Karma, YAK
PA: Richard Hawley, Savages, Ronnie Spector, SOAK, Field Music, NAO, Gwenno, Declan McKenna

SATURDAY
PY: 
Adele, Special Guests, The Last Shadow Puppets, Madness, Jess Glynne, John Grant, Roots Manuva
OT: New Order, Chvrches, The 1975, Richard Ashcroft, Travis, Tom Odell, Frightened Rabbit, The Joy Formidable
WH: James Blake, Floating Points, Baaba Maal, Ernest Ranglin, Mbongwana Star, Leon Bridges, Mura Masa
JP: M83, Fatboy Slim, Santigold, MØ, AlunaGeorge, Lapsley, Izzy Bizu, Pretty Vicious, Clean Cut Kid, The Japanese House, High Tyde
PA: Charles Hazelwood & the Paraorchestra, Explosions in the Sky, Kurt Vile, Mercury Rev, Jagwar Ma, Toy, C Duncan, Sunflower Bean, Holly MacVe

SUNDAY
PY: 
Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Beck, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Laura Mvula, Gregory Porter, The Strypes, Burnham & Highbridge Band
OT: LCD Soundsystem, Bring Me the Horizon, PJ Harvey, Years & Years, Band of Horses, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Newton Faulkner
WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Roisin Murphy, Miguel, Kamasi Washington, Quantic, Human Pyramids
JP: Jake Bugg, Grimes, Mystery Jets, Vince Staples, Half Moon Run, Rat Boy, Spring King, DMA's, Tired Lion, She Drew the Gun
PA: Bat for Lashes, Guy Garvey, Mac DeMarco, St Ettiene, Kwabs, Hinds, NZCA Lines

So, so many clashes. But based on that I'd probably go;

Friday - Sigur Ros > Foals/OMAM > Wolf Alice > Ezra Furman > The Coral > James

Saturday - New Order/James Blake > Special Guests (wink wink) > Last Shadow Puppets > Richard Ashcroft > Sunflower Bean

Sunday - LCD Soundsystem > Guy Garvey > PJ Harvey > Vince Staples > Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Fuck that's a lot.