Describe any of us...

Peroni

Not a chore for me... dedicated.

I spoke to someone at work who was suprised I got tickets and I explained my technique... ie repeated F5 bashing.

She told me that she just logged on and let the auto refresh do it thinking she was in a queue for about 5 mins... but then got bored so gave up!

What a weapons grade bell end.

I would quote some of the more stupid and lazy presumptions and assumptions made but don't want to grace that page with another hit.

W@nker.

Think that covers it :)

Not a chore for me... dedicated.

I spoke to someone at work who was suprised I got tickets and I explained my technique... ie repeated F5 bashing.

She told me that she just logged on and let the auto refresh do it thinking she was in a queue for about 5 mins... but then got bored so gave up!

Good that people with so little dedication get weeded out. The fact that all the post-sale discussion can't come up with a sure fire recipe for success suggests the system's as fair as it can be. My 8 year old PC with IE9 was genuinely able to compete with super wizzo (tech term) devices. I guess we're all dedicated. I'm lazy and disorganised (not so much hungover these days), but that's overcome by my dedication to the cause of having the best time on the farm.

"alpha-keeno festival smartarses from hell". Hmmm. "alpha-keeno" definitely. "smartarse" definitely NOT, no idea what the feck I'm doing. I was hungover too after sinking a vat of red wine on Saturday night - I call it 'keeping the faith' actually.  And as for "inaccessible to anyone but the most affluent and aggressive".....well, I'm certainly not rich.....but that Oliver Keens can can fuck right off.

Agreed.

Although my ticket for 2013 was purchased by me while I was still absolutely battered, having got home at 5am and being too scared to sleep in case I slept in.

I went to sleep shortly after 10 and when I woke up hours later shit myself thinking that the ticket process earlier in the day was a dream and I'd missed it

If you want to go you put the effort in, simple as. Yes its competitive but then so is anything popular with a limited number of places. At least those who get a ticket with perseverance are really going because they really want to be there and are going to enhance the atmosphere by being there rather than just going so they can tell all their mates and be seen there.

He's clearly a twat, and it's a shit article, but there's no doubt the process does remove/alienate/ make it almost impossible for certain sections of society. It's a sunday, right, so you've got to have a computer at home, and Internet. You can't, for example, use public access computers in the Library.

If I was on the dole or whatever, I'm not sure I'd have those things. But thenI guess if I was on the dole, I'd not have the money for a ticket. There is definitely a discussion to be had about the demographic that goes to the festival now though, i think.

I'm planning on er, I dunno semi-retiring, getting rid of most of my worldly goods and bumming around in the middle of nowhere on a canal boat/caravan/log cabin or whatever. I guess that means no more Glastonbury for me when that happens. 

I'm planning on er, I dunno semi-retiring, getting rid of most of my worldly goods and bumming around in the middle of nowhere on a canal boat/caravan/log cabin or whatever. I guess that means no more Glastonbury for me when that happens. 

Sounds perfect - except I want to escape to a hut on a beach somewhere ... we don;t need 'stuff'. The Glasto's , the holidays etc etc don;t need to happen, I'd love to escape , sell all the ridiculous belongings and just have enough to substain myself