South East Corner

ProperTea

Does anyone else think the South East corner needs a good kick up the arse? Specifically block9 has been broadly the same for a few years now with the NYC Downlow about 7 years old now I think? The Common also seemed a bit samey this year, and the same with Shangri La.

I bloody love the SE corner but do think it could do with a bit of a rethink...

Edited by ProperTea

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, bored of it. Personally think all the night time stuff is getting 'tired' as it were.

SE corner has been done too death and boring, few tweaks last year but same problems.

Arcadia is old hat now, couldn't get enough of it pre 2014, now find it boring and the restrictions are emabressing.

Can't say alot about the dance village, never been.

Glade should be left too run longer and louder, probably best night spot for me.

Edited by Swine_Glasto2014

Arcadia is old hat now, couldn't get enough of it pre 2014, now find it boring and the restrictions are emabressing.

They should do the spectacular latter on once or twice to. It was bloody ace this year. (Actually there whole setup was alot better this year I thought)

I'd like the covered lanes back with a proper continuation of the story which was evolving there every year. And more mad little 'shops' to go in with weird things to look at. I'd just like it to be more than the clubland that it has become. It's lost it's character.

I think obviously for the regulars they'd like a change. But i think you'll have to accept that for newbies, or people who've only been once before (like me) It's still new and amazing, and i can't wait to get back to the SE corner next year. I really don't think they care too much about catering for veterans of 10+ visits who now think it's tired. Of course they're going to think that! (In the nicest way possible, just trying to offer an objective view).

Edited by Nick S

I think obviously for the regulars they'd like a change. But i think you'll have to accept that for newbies, or people who've only been once before (like me) It's still new and amazing, and i can't wait to get back to the SE corner next year. I really don't think they care too much about catering for veterans of 10+ visits who now think it's tired. Of course you're going to think that! (In the nicest way posisble, just trying to offer an objective view).

we're just comparing it to how it has been in previous years, and it's gash now in comparison.

sime is right, it;s just clubland now. You may as well be having a night out on watford high street

I liked some of the artwork they had last yeah. Maybe see if dismaland would let the m borrow a few bits to stick in the south East corner.

2009 I remember being the best with all the crazy alleyways and weird interactive stuff. I think the big hell stage gets in the way a bit now though.

I'd like the covered lanes back with a proper continuation of the story which was evolving there every year. And more mad little 'shops' to go in with weird things to look at.

The story has been continuing though. There was an epidemic with some people being shipped off the planet with the rest of us plebs all dying on Earth, hence heaven and hell. Hell took over and became overly bureaucratic so people protested against that with the various political parties last year. It's story is more obvious than The Common's, which last I heard about was something to do with aliens or something.

I agree with your second request.

Edited by Untz

I think obviously for the regulars they'd like a change. But i think you'll have to accept that for newbies, or people who've only been once before (like me) It's still new and amazing, and i can't wait to get back to the SE corner next year. I really don't think they care too much about catering for veterans of 10+ visits who now think it's tired. Of course they're going to think that! (In the nicest way possible, just trying to offer an objective view).

I disagree, last year was my first Glastonbury and I was a bit underwhelmed by SE Corner, I was expecting a lot more random and crazy things not 20 places cranking out different levels of Drum and Bass (and I like drum and bass)

I thought Glasto Latino was pretty cool, i'd love to see more things like that around to get your teeth into

I'll caveat this by saying I didn't do a huge amount of exploring of SE so it's possible there was more stuff out there

I disagree, last year was my first Glastonbury and I was a bit underwhelmed by SE Corner, I was expecting a lot more random and crazy things not 20 places cranking out different levels of Drum and Bass (and I like drum and bass)

I thought Glasto Latino was pretty cool, i'd love to see more things like that around to get your teeth into

I'll caveat this by saying I didn't do a huge amount of exploring of SE so it's possible there was more stuff out there

Fair enough. I absoolutely loved it! Spent every night between 12-7am there! Did you check out the common? There was an amazing tent / immersive theatre show called "the back of beyond". We enjoyed it so much we're actuall going to their halloween night in Brighton!

All this rip it up and start again talk. I'm guessing that building Shangri La was probably quite expensive, and that one of the things that makes it viable is using it all more than once. On the one hand, people are debating the increasing ticket price, on the other some are suggesting you trash Shangri La and start again! 

Fair enough. I absoolutely loved it! Spent every night between 12-7am there! Did you check out the common? There was an amazing tent / immersive theatre show called "the back of beyond". We enjoyed it so much we're actuall going to their halloween night in Brighton!

The back of beyond was totally ace. We spent hours in there.

All this rip it up and start again talk. I'm guessing that building Shangri La was probably quite expensive, and that one of the things that makes it viable is using it all more than once.

I believe this is very much the case, yep.

There's probably an awful lot of organisations costs to any changes, too - including towards any licencing issues.

In comparison, the main stages have it dead easy. Stick up a stage in the same place each year, and book 30 bands.