Ticket auction

The other Bellboy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird that bidding for the side of stage Pyramid tickets is at more than twice any of the other 'experiences'. I mean yeah, that's the most appealing add-on, but surely the tickets themselves are the main draw?

I don't think the tickets alone are the main draw at this point.

If someone is just after a wristband and not bothered about the "perks", then there's other options out there.. Even the cheapest of the ticket auctions is currently well over 2,000 pounds a pair - if someone is prepared to pay that much, they can buy a Glamping package with hospitality tickets included for about the same price.

If someone is just after a wristband and not bothered about the "perks", then there's other options out there.. Even the cheapest of the ticket auctions is currently well over 2,000 pounds a pair - if someone is prepared to pay that much, they can buy a Glamping package with hospitality tickets included for about the same price.

Maybe they want to donate money to charity rather than just buy a glamping/hospitality package.

If I had the cash to do it I would bid on the auction rather than go the other route.

Incident, I didn't realise you could get any type of ticket after ticketday such as hospitality tickets?

Sorry, just looked this up. see what your saying, you can go for a glamping thingy once you have secured a ticket for same price.

Think alot of the draw of the auction is due to it being sold out and people wanta guaranteed way in.

Edited by joeltg

Incident, I didn't realise you could get any type of ticket after ticketday such as hospitality tickets?

Hospitality Tickets are a different pot to the standard ones - they come out of the "staff/performer" allocation and are sold for about twice as much with Interstage access included.

The really simplified version is that some of the landowners who rent fields to the Festival will insist on a ticket allocation as part of the agreement.. They then use another field to run a Glamping/whatever operation and can sell the Hospitality Tickets for £450ish along with use of a Bell Tent for £1,000 odd and make a killing on that (in addition to the rental income their fields have generated). Fly Glastonbury, Land & Sky, and a few others are some of the names involved.

Sorry, just looked this up. see what your saying, you can go for a glamping thingy once you have secured a ticket for same price.

Think part of the draw of the auction is due to it being sold out and people wanta guaranteed way in.

No - I'm talking about places that offer packages including tickets - not all of them do.

Whether a place offers the option of Hospitality Tickets is a pretty good way of telling what their relationship with GFL is like.. Fly Glastonbury (Windinglake Farm) will get a large allocation of tickets for example, and some business sent their way by GFL, but Love Fields whose landowner often causes numerous problems for the Festival definitely won't.

No - I'm talking about places that offer packages including tickets - not all of them do.

Whether a place offers the option of Hospitality Tickets is a pretty good way of telling what their relationship with GFL is like.. Fly Glastonbury (Windinglake Farm) will get a large allocation of tickets for example, and some business sent their way by GFL, but Love Fields whose landowner often causes numerous problems for the Festival definitely won't.

Ah ok I get you, thanks for clarifying that.

Edited by joeltg

Ooh, what's the issue with the Love Fields lot? Was it them that contributed to ME's reference to maybe having to move the festival one day?

Yeah, I don't get the impression that the Winding Lake lot are trying to squeeze the golden egg for all it's worth. Terrible value for money though. Last I read on there, they disconnect the toilets! You get a bog in a Travel Lodge for £60 a night!

Is there anywhere you can buy a straight hospitality ticket with no extra camping bits?

I had one a couple of years back from friend at a record label. It had my name on it but no photo etc. You were advised to provide Id that matched the name but not sure how closely they checked it.

Don't think there are loads about though so unlikely to find a seller unless it's a mate or something.

I guess the people annoyed with the charity auctions raising too much money for a good cause because it isn't inclusive must be happy now!

Yup!!!

Its a small thing in the scheme of things (and against the background of what its raising money for), but it sits well with me :). Faith restored somewhat.