Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

metal/hard rock are genres not widely represented at Glastonbury (there being specific festivals that only cater for those genres probably has a lot to do with that) so bands like Faith No More wouldn't have quite the same pull at Glastonbury that they would elsewhere, so headlining Other/subbing Pyramid is definitely out of the question. IF they were booked, then Other sub (akin to Pixies/Smashing Pumpkins) would probably be where they'd end up. i'd be all over it - watching live videos of them and Patton hasn't lost an ounce of what he used to have. a truly brilliant performer (along with the rest of the band)

I have made no secret that I would personally love FNM to play as they are exceptional live and Patton is such a charismatic front man - they are not as heavy as some people might think it would depend on the set list they chose

FNM were touring around Glastonbury 2015 so it's unlikely they'll be in the area at the same time next year. I don't know how they crept into this thread.

That was my fault lol as they still have to tour their new album in UK & Europe so I reckon they will tour next year...it's basically a pipe dream that they play Glastonbury, but I can hope :)

Has that been properly announced yet? I know about the Glasgow date but haven't seen anything else. 

Like yourself and FloorFiller I can see him subbing next year if he's around.

:dontknow: It's on SeeTickets.

Yeah I think he dangled himself as a headliner this summer but it didn't really work out so he'll be back around to scoop up some cash from subbing all the big fests he can (and maybe headline Kendal Calling too).

:dontknow: It's on SeeTickets.

Yeah I think he dangled himself as a headliner this summer but it didn't really work out so he'll be back around to scoop up some cash from subbing all the big fests he can (and maybe headline Kendal Calling too).

Ah ok, I'd seen the Glasgow date last week but couldn't find anything else on it.

It was just TITP and Latitude he did last summer wasn't it? That leaves Glastonbury, IOW and probably V for next year so you're probably right.

Ah ok, I'd seen the Glasgow date last week but couldn't find anything else on it.

It was just TITP and Latitude he did last summer wasn't it? That leaves Glastonbury, IOW and probably V for next year so you're probably right.

And his London date. I'll be surprised if he's not a Glastp sub but said that for ages anyway.

Not sure how a April arena tour puts him at Glasto mind you.

And his London date. I'll be surprised if he's not a Glastp sub but said that for ages anyway.

Not sure how a April arena tour puts him at Glasto mind you.

It's an act touring around Glastonbury 2016 (I think the end of April is sufficiently close) as per the thread title. I wouldn't have posted it in the 'acts whose tours put them at Glastonbury 2016' thread.

It's an act touring around Glastonbury 2016 (I think the end of April is sufficiently close) as per the thread title. I wouldn't have posted it in the 'acts whose tours put them at Glastonbury 2016' thread.

Fair shout, I guess I kind of think of between May and July being around Glasto but yes I would mark him off as one of them myself.