Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Beach Slang have just announced a UK tour for June this year. As far as I can see they have Glastonbury free.

Get 'em to the farm!! They're a great band.

Middle of the day on John Peel or Park i can see them

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Busta Rhymes is in Europe in June. Playing Indigo at the O2 on 10th June, Parklife in Manchester on the 12th June and has a date in France on the 24th. Could easily pop back and play on the 25/26th.

noticed that Bowie's Blackstar band - Donny McCaslin Group - is over in Europe for 3 dates in the Czech Rep and Slovakia 16, 17, & 18 June...nothing after that apart from a return to the US in July...i wonder if they'd book another week of dates leading up to the UK for Glasto week, although you'd think that would have been announced by now, so it looks unlikely.

Would be a tremendous miss on Glastonbury's part to be talking about Bowie tributes and to have not booked these guys when they are over on the continent the week before.

On 5/18/2016 at 5:44 PM, mjfromthelane said:

Anyone on here a Lonely The Brave fan?

Album out friday, free for Glasto weekend. Here's hoping.

New album sounds great. Seeing them in Sheffield on Sunday. I definitely wouldn't say no to Glasto, Williams Green would be a good shout.

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Dinosaur Jr in Croatia the Friday then nothing till July 14 in America. New album coming out? Please stop off at the farm on the way home. They were sooooo good a few years ago.

They certainly were. I second the motion.

Britpop-aping Aussies DMAs have announced UK dates for the Tuesday and Wednesday after. Depends what date they're playing Down The Rabbit Hole as to whether this makes a trip to the farm likely.

How likely do people think Sturgill Simpson is to play? He's touring europe at the same time as glastonbury. Love his newest album and would love him to play. Middle of the day on Park stage maybe? Even early Other stage?

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They certainly were. I second the motion.

Britpop-aping Aussies DMAs have announced UK dates for the Tuesday and Wednesday after. Depends what date they're playing Down The Rabbit Hole as to whether this makes a trip to the farm likely.

They might well do but tbh I might as well just pay a tenner to go see them as I'm 30/40 mins away anyway.

On 5/16/2016 at 3:47 PM, rfc_478 said:

Augustines have announced three random English tour dates on 22nd, 23rd and 24th June, the third in Cardiff. Points towards a Glastonbury appearance!

I'm puzzled why they'd add these dates separate from their main tour, and then not appear to playing?? Is there a possibility of a surprise set?

11 hours ago, junkdeluxe said:

I'm puzzled why they'd add these dates separate from their main tour, and then not appear to playing?? Is there a possibility of a surprise set?

Let's hope so! I was surprised they weren't announced today, three apparently random tour dates in the preceding week seemed to point towards a Glastonbury appearance! 

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nein. They're on the Hurricane & Southside bill, presumably for Saturday and Sunday.

Shame, thanks for clearing that up though. That's not on their website so I still had a shred of hope! Those dates must just be for the fun of it then

Edited by rfc_478

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nein. They're on the Hurricane & Southside bill, presumably for Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for the reply, found out the same via their Facebook page - looks like those dates are warm ups for German festivals on 25th & 26th... :(

Still free on 24th though... #optimism 

Edited by junkdeluxe