Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

On 16/12/2015 at 10:18 AM, Badlands said:

There's a number of acts Glastonbury have missed out on in the past few years that have pissed me off. Him, Outkast, J&MC and MBV to name but a few. 

This seems as good a place as any seen as it mentions Outkast...

TheThingy tweeted today that Outkast were announced for 2005 on this day in 2004. What I didn't realise is that they didn't actually appear. Does anyone know why? 

Link to the original eFests story.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

We say this every year though, then he bins off Glastonbury for a gig a Preston North End.

I'm not au-fait with Elt's past touring schedule but his Cork date on the Tuesday of festival week looks perfect for a visit to Pilton.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

TheThingy tweeted today that Outkast were announced for 2005 on this day in 2004. What I didn't realise is that they didn't actually appear. Does anyone know why? 

I'd be surprised if they booked them at that time. They never toured Speakerboxx/Love Below as far as I remember, certainly not as a partnership. Unless there was a possibility of Big Boi by himself touring under the  name.

10 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I'd be surprised if they booked them at that time. They never toured Speakerboxx/Love Below as far as I remember, certainly not as a partnership. Unless there was a possibility of Big Boi by himself touring under the  name.

Strange one to announce though, no? The Undertones you can understand as it wasn't long after the passing of John Peel but why go with Outkast if something wasn't booked? From a little bit of Googling, Idlewild was due out in 2005 but was delayed to 2006, maybe they had planned it but it got knocked back?

24 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I'm not au-fait with Elt's past touring schedule but his Cork date on the Tuesday of festival week looks perfect for a visit to Pilton.

Without being arsed to look it up, I think he's been touring for the last few Junes but has ended up playing slightly off the beaten track stadiums. 

Edited by Gnomicide

Elton would be great. Seen him at the Roundhouse in September, the new stuff fell flat but the classics were brilliant. Perfect booking.

In other news, Swans back in the UK late May. I've just got tickets for their Manchester show with The Fall for £20! Bargain.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Dunno.

But Oh My God! It's The Church did a great cover of Hey Ya! in Bimble Inn this year.

I was mightily inebriated at this point though.