Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaz Coombes, the Fun Lovin Criminals and a few names already on the glasto line up (The Selecter for example) are announced for Ramsbottom festival.

Pretty pleased as I want to see Gaz Coombes and it's a good day out on the cheap.

Fun Lovin Criminals popping up on the farm would be good, can't imagine where they'd play though

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fun Lovin Criminals popping up on the farm would be good, can't imagine where they'd play though

There's plenty of space for them surely?

Last time round it was 5pm (or somewhere around then, late afternoon anyway) on the JazzWorld which seemed like a slightly out of place booking (even moreso then than it would now) but worked really well.

My personal preference is that they'd be a great fit on the Pyramid - maybe about 2pm in the slot that The Waterboys had last year?

I'd also see no issues with them having an afternoon slot on the Other Stage or early evening on The Park and there's still quite a few acts playing those slots to be announced.

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Gaz Coombes, the Fun Lovin Criminals and a few names already on the glasto line up (The Selecter for example) are announced for Ramsbottom festival.

Pretty pleased as I want to see Gaz Coombes and it's a good day out on the cheap.

I gather from an insider friend that there are 'NO plans' for Gaz to perform. It's a shame as he's doing Bristol on the Friday and would be perfectly positioned to pop into Glasto. However, he did The Park last year so at this stage it ain't happening.

5 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I gather from an insider friend that there are 'NO plans' for Gaz to perform. It's a shame as he's doing Bristol on the Friday and would be perfectly positioned to pop into Glasto. However, he did The Park last year so at this stage it ain't happening.

I'd imagine he may want some new material out before returning. One of the highlights of last year. 2017 please!

Although hes a huge fan of the festival so you never know. Could turn up in the Rocket Lounge at 5am.

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I'd imagine he may want some new material out before returning. One of the highlights of last year. 2017 please!

Although hes a huge fan of the festival so you never know. Could turn up in the Rocket Lounge at 5am.

Well, if he performs in any capacity, my mate would know about it as he's an essential part of Gaz's team! I'll let you know if anything changes.

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I never caught Supergrass live, I look foward to that in a few years.

I remember seeing them on a day when the weather had been pretty wet and miserable and they played this and it was lovely and sunny, top stuff :) 

I guess it must have been a long time ago!

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I remember seeing them on a day when the weather had been pretty wet and miserable and they played this and it was lovely and sunny, top stuff :) 

Brilliant. Got so many tunes. I never see it get much of a mention these days, but I thought Life On Other Planets was a great album.

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

My first ever crowd surf was to the 'grass (to closer Caught By The Fuzz, natch) at V Festival in '99. Saw them 5 or 6 times including winning tickets to a Lamacq Live session at Maida Vale - only about 80-100 people there, free drinks and snacks and pin-point sound. So brilliant. Then we listened to the session on the radio driving home from London!

Such a brilliant live band, and I'm not sure I'd vote for many above theirs for best debut album. And Gaz Coombes was, what, 19? 20? Unbelievable.

Ben