Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

16 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Strange of Massive Attack to announce a one of show at the Plymouth Pavillion the Wednesday after Glastonbury 

Was just about to post that.... either a BST warm up show or post Glasto date. Seems an odd place to have a BST warm up show and geographically makes more sense as a post Glasto show.....

Though saying that, the blurb on Ents24 says "Massive Attack will warm up for their BST performance with a show in Plymouth"

Edited by Keithy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Not sure if Rod Stewart has been mentioned but he's touring and could play on the Fri/Sun.

http://www.rodstewart.com/events/

He's not my cup of tea but might excite a few people there I'd expect.

Lock up your grannies.

On 4/22/2016 at 2:19 PM, maelzoid said:

Brian Jonestown massacre are in Blighty the week leading up to the festival.  They're over in Holland and France during the weekend but have Sunday free.  They were quite wonderful in '14, despite being such a legendary shambles.

would be nice but likely not happening...the sunday is a day off after 8 gigs daily in a row and would make it 15 days in  a row if they played sunday at Glasto...

but Lille (25th) is tantalizingly close to Calais isn't it...Paris then easily reachable on the 27th....and they are nuts, so 15 days on the trot isn't out of reason with them i guess

37 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Easy Star All Stars playing a week after the festival in Sheffield. Anyone know if they've released any new material?

They're advertising it as an anniversary tour of Radiodread, so assume they're playing all or mostly that. Imagine if they played that at G and some of Radiohead joined them...

5 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Vintage Trouble just announced a gig in London on Weds 22nd June. Sounds like a Glasto warm up gig to me.

Sadly, they're only free on the Sunday, and if they played then, it'd mean gigs 9 days in a row, so unlikely I reckon. 

8 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Alice Cooper tour ends in Belgium on the 23rd June.  Just a hop and a skip over to the farm.

Sub for Adele perhaps?  

Need to mop all that blood off the stage first, wouldn't want her slipping and falling on her arse.

Uk exclusive elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Stonerosesisgunnabethere said:

Wolfmother are in US in June and Germany in August.....might as well stop in at Worthy Farm on the way through....hard to know where to put them though, should headline Pyramid really, but maybe Other vs Coldplay on Sunday...I know where I'd be.

After James on Other maybe...

48 minutes ago, Stonerosesisgunnabethere said:

Wolfmother are in US in June and Germany in August.....might as well stop in at Worthy Farm on the way through....hard to know where to put them though, should headline Pyramid really, but maybe Other vs Coldplay on Sunday...I know where I'd be.

Would LOVE Wolfmother to be there! 

Ed Harcourt has just announced two UK shows - Manchester on 29th June and London on 30th June. He was fantastic at Latitude last year so I've got fingers crossed that he might pop up.

For some reason I think it's unlikely, but I can hope! I'll be going to that London show anyway.

(Also came with news that his 7th album is now finished. Exciting)