Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

5 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

Really? Wasn't really expecting that kind of reaction... 

She looked great on the stream. I've heard a lot of critics raving about her performance too, she's mentioned on quite a couple of the highlights being thrown about by blogs. Maybe just not your thing? 

Of course it 's just my opinion, as I watched her I wondered how Coachella can book something like that...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I also hope she plays.  Love that track that interpolates Heartless into the chorus. 

I thought I recognised it when I listened earlier! Really good. 

Only just got into her so hard to gauge her popularity, do you think mid-afternoon on John Peel maybe? 

10 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Lauper's new album is country covers, would suit Acoustic I'd have thought. Surely she'd get a smaller crowd at Glastonbury than Art Garfunkel. It'd be awful if the guy actually singing all those S&G songs everyone turned up to the Pyramid for Paul Simon for (only to be disappointed), ends up off on a small stage.

Of course, there's no reason why they can't both play the Pyramid.

I find it hard to believe that Paul Simon would be on the Pyramid but Art G who plays classic songs that Paul didn't won't.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I find it hard to believe that Paul Simon would be on the Pyramid but Art G who plays classic songs that Paul didn't won't.

Paul Simon still does/did huge tours and plays big venues with his massive band accompanying him, and has had a far more successful solo career. Art Garfunkel has had well known vocal problems, a varying solo career and his material is a lot more low key, accompanied by poetry readings. it's really not hard to see why he'd take/ask for a lower slot - a Pyramid slot must be a daunting prospect for somebody who's voice seems to come and go quite a bit. much better to play to a crowd of adorning fans who totally understand the reality of it, rather than a ginormous crowd full of people waiting to be wowed. he may well play the Pyramid, but an acoustic set makes a lot more sense to me

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paul Simon still does/did huge tours and plays big venues with his massive band accompanying him, and has had a far more successful solo career. Art Garfunkel has had well known vocal problems, a varying solo career and his material is a lot more low key, accompanied by poetry readings. it's really not hard to see why he'd take/ask for a lower slot - a Pyramid slot must be a daunting prospect for somebody who's voice seems to come and go quite a bit. much better to play to a crowd of adorning fans who totally understand the reality of it, rather than a ginormous crowd full of people waiting to be wowed. he may well play the Pyramid, but an acoustic set makes a lot more sense to me

If I'm honest I'd just rather get to see him.

LCD and Garfunkel are two absolute must-see acts for the weekend. Art Garfunkel would be a really special performance and I definitely wouldn't give up the chance to see one of the best singers (even if his voice isn't what is used to be) and songwriters of all time.

Getting to see For Emily, Bridge, Boxer, Sound of Silence etc. live is just simply unmissable for me :D

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

LCD and Garfunkel are two absolute must-see acts for the weekend. Art Garfunkel would be a really special performance and I definitely wouldn't give up the chance to see one of the best singers (even if his voice isn't what is used to be) and songwriters of all time.

Dunno about the songwriter bit... He didn't write any of them did he?

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd say "probably", but the Acoustic does sometimes have some odd scheduling quirks.

Bootleg Beatles following Stevie Winwood has to be the classic in 2013...even if it was done to let Stevie have a set that could be enjoyed by those wanting to catch the Stones too

Can't remember who was on before Elvis Costello (i was catching Lou Rhodes in the Bimble Inn) but how amazing would a Stones/Primal Scream/Winwood/Costello 4-some have been on the Pyramid that Saturday, with Billy Bragg's fulll pyramid set at noon that day as well?

1 minute ago, Callum_96 said:

He was saying theres plans to do a 'Hats off..." 10th anniversary tour next year. He looked dreadful as well. The venue was half empty too, they only get decent numbers in Scotland 

I like them back in the day of Hats of to buskers, I saw them quite a few times back then, haven't heard anything they've done in years though 

Can't imagine them pulling much of a crowd on the Sunday night at GF either 

4 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I interviewed Kyle from the The View yesterday and they're headlining Williams Green on the Sunday apparently.

Might be remembering this wrong but did they not pull out on the day in 2013 as they went out in London the night before and were too hungover to play? I don't mind them and wouldn't be against seeing them if they weren't clashing, albeit mainly to see what their crowd outside of Scotland is actually like. 

Yeah it was them, the drummer and him fell out the night before and then when it came to the gig they couldn't find the drummer called him and he'd fucked off to London. 

Can't see it being a great crowd either, especially if they're up against the likes of Coldplay.