Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2016

Gnomicide

28 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Sorry to spoil anyone's day, but Ocean Colour Scene won't be there. I seen them replying to tweets from their hardcore fans asking if they were coming to different cities so I asked about Glastonbury and got the reply 'Afraid not'. Festival ruined for many.

I would have been surprised to see them anywhere but the Other opener's slot so not a huge shock.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite interesting/amusing that they haven't booked OCS, Travis and Stereophonics again, after their last appearances which were very high slots. OCS 3rd top on Pyramid in 2000, the other two headlining in 2000 and 2002. Is it coincidence that the albums that followed in the years after were totally shit, and they never got booked again? They are all constantly booked for the likes of TITP and IOW every time they tour. I wonder if it will be the same for Kings Of Leon as well, who headlined at the perfect time before it all went to shit. 

Edited by Alan_C

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

It's quite interesting/amusing that they haven't booked OCS, Travis and Stereophonics again, after their last appearances which were very high slots. OCS 3rd top on Pyramid in 2000, the other two headlining in 2000 and 2002. Is it coincidence that the albums that followed in the years after were totally shit, and they never got booked again? They are all constantly booked for the likes of TITP and IOW every time they tour. I wonder if it will be the same for Kings Of Leon as well, who headlined at the perfect time before it all went to shit. 

The only conclusion to this is that Glastonbury makes bands shit.  Or books bands about to become shit.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but The Brian Jonestown Massacre are playing in Brighton on the 23rd of June. I'm unsure what their touring schedule is like overall but they seem to be heading to France on the 25th so im not sure where that leaves them in terms of likelihood of appearing at Glastonbury.

7 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but The Brian Jonestown Massacre are playing in Brighton on the 23rd of June. I'm unsure what their touring schedule is like overall but they seem to be heading to France on the 25th so im not sure where that leaves them in terms of likelihood of appearing at Glastonbury.

Anton tweeted this which rules them out unfortunately

Frightened Rabbit now playing Belsonic, Belfast on Thu 23rd. Also playing Down the Rabbit Hole in the Netherlands that weekend but no day on that one. 

Hoping they'll do a stop off at Glastonbury on Friday and then play DTRH after! Fingers crossed. 

On 4/5/2016 at 4:25 PM, rhg_99 said:

Playing in my hometown during Glastonbury and not playing Glastonbury... The ultimate kick in the balls